return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

make melodies in Reason w/o midi keyboard?
View this Thread in Original format
patticus
this is pretty specific, i just got a copy of reason (thanks to my guardian angel :D)
and it seems great but im not sure if i can make a melody w/ a "virtual keyboard" like in fruity loops, the manual says stuff about a MIDI keyboard but i dont have that hardware.

some help please? :)
Johnny Eckhardt
You sure can. I don't have a Midi keyboard (anymore)either. You can drop notes where you want the in the Matrix Sequencer.
patticus
whups, shoulda read my email before sending you back.
goodnet
You don't necessarily need a midi keyboard work melodies with (even though they are heavily recomended). Just use your mouse & the pencil tool to "draw out" the notes in the sequencer section of Reason (below the rack modules) for a synth you wanna sequence.

The Matrix sequencer is more for repetitive melody patterns... you can experiment some arpiegiattion w/this too...

gah...
just experiment.
The []Drodigy
And my tip if u ask me for 1 read the Manual that comes with Reason. Spend as much time time as u can just learning how the whole thing works and what each buton is for.
Btw for those of you who haven't upgraded it to 1.0.1 I recommend you to do so.
Peace.
patticus
thanks for your tips guys:cool:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement