return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 
Your help is needed...please read!
View this Thread in Original format
djteknologyst
Hey all, I have just finished my latest site and I would really like some feedback from you guys. THIS IS NOT SPAM! There are no banners or ads at all or any BS. The background music is provided by Mr. Tiesto. All of the graphics and animation are completments of your's truely. Anyone on a highspeed connection please check it out. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOAD ON DIAL-UP. I will have a dial-up version availible later tonight after I get all the bugs out of this one. When you load the site goto the Planetary Directory. This gives you a listing of the different planet/sites and satellite/sites. Each site I create is either a planet or satellite. Planet sites are rich with 3d video and multimedia content. (LOTS OF TECHNO!) Satellite sites are sites that have not yet been integrated into the 3d video schema but are flash with 2d multimedia content. As always any advice or suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys!

Carlisle Networks.com [HIGH BANDWIDTH ONLY]

URL= HTTP://WWW.CARLISLENETWORKS.COM
rahvin
cool site, but people will not wait that long for something to load. Having to download 8megs for the main page and 4.5megs for the other sections is crazy. From a business marketing perspective, people generally only wait for as much as 30seconds before their attention wanders and they don't bother with the page. When it was at 50% download at 130k/sec I myself wondered if it was worth the wait.
djteknologyst
quote:
Originally posted by rahvin
cool site, but people will not wait that long for something to load. Having to download 8megs for the main page and 4.5megs for the other sections is crazy. From a business marketing perspective, people generally only wait for as much as 30seconds before their attention wanders and they don't bother with the page. When it was at 50% download at 130k/sec I myself wondered if it was worth the wait.

thanks for the feedback..actually the whole site is 8.5 megs but i know thats big that why i will be putting a 1/2 meg version online tonight for dialup
SgtFoo
You should put some easter eggs in the background, b/c all the central stuff is quite empty.
Very sweet design though. But yea, it takes too long to download... i hit 450K/s on ADSL and it's still too long to wait.
djteknologyst
quote:
Originally posted by SgtFoo
You should put some easter eggs in the background, b/c all the central stuff is quite empty.
Very sweet design though. But yea, it takes too long to download... i hit 450K/s on ADSL and it's still too long to wait.

aiight thats an idea...ill put one in there just for you! i really appericate you guys checking it out. i'm on a comcast cable connection and ive loaded it from about 10 different cable modems. so far it loads as fast as i can watch it. what im gonna do is make a high, medium, and low bandwidth version of the site. that way you can choose per your connection speed. usually cable and t1+ have no prob loading it with no wait time (thats if u let the intro play out) while the intro plays its acutally downloading the site. but for slightly slower connections that are still high speed ill make a version thats like 4 megs then a dialup version and have a splash screen that you can choose from when you first hit my url. again thanks for the feedback!
djteknologyst
i know its huge but really this is going to be my showcase site...where other business or potential clients can go to "SEE WHAT I CAN DO"...but for everyone else who doesnt wanna wait a min for the download I will for sure have a couple other versions online to choose from....
che
The site is amazing.....it loaded up really fast for me too.
djteknologyst
quote:
Originally posted by che
The site is amazing.....it loaded up really fast for me too.

thanks for the positive feedback!
samhouse
sick site...tho im tryin to figure what its all about...???
digital media/???
djteknologyst
quote:
Originally posted by samhouse
sick site...tho im tryin to figure what its all about...???
digital media/???

you got it...3d video,animatio,flash, all kinds of goodies...if you goto the celestrial city that was my previous company site it breaks down all of our servies. im making a .pdf file that will be on the main site which will have a listing of all products and services. we are trying to creat our own network of video interactive sites keeping with the galaxy theme.

dEsidEL
hey you might have already saw, but i just wanted to give u the heads up that ur thread in NYTA got locked so you might wanna avoid posting this in multiple regional forums. Usually threads like this are reserved for DJ's from that particular locality looking to promote within their own region. Cross posting is usually frowned upon esp. in other areas where the DJ doesn't live. (This is why there's an amateur DJ's section of the site).

anyways thanks for posting ur set tho.. i'll definately try and check it out..
kewlness
quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL
hey you might have already saw, but i just wanted to give u the heads up that ur thread in NYTA got locked so you might wanna avoid posting this in multiple regional forums. Usually threads like this are reserved for DJ's from that particular locality looking to promote within their own region. Cross posting is usually frowned upon esp. in other areas where the DJ doesn't live. (This is why there's an amateur DJ's section of the site).

anyways thanks for posting ur set tho.. i'll definately try and check it out..

lol he was posting his website.. not a mix

anyways... i think it's a sweet site and it looks sick

just another small thing... i think it would look better if the pictures were a bit higher resolution.. it's already pretty clear but not too much if you look very closely

anyways nice site... i think the theme of it would be more suited for gaming websites than graphic arts websites but nevertheless, good job
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement