return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Suggestion and questions about MIDI players?
View this Thread in Original format
Vlad
First of all, I need a suggestion on a good MIDI player - I need something to learn to make synth's with before I do a huge upgrade to a Korg Triton Studio Synth.

Secondly, how do the MIDI players work, do they work like regular keyboards/synths or do you need extra components?
noonboy
posting to keep this thread up, because i'm wondering the same thing;)
hapamoto
they are different from synthesizers where as im just assuming ur talking about a midi controller.. i have a m-audio radium midi keyboard, it is a midi controller, it is the midi interface for your software.. example, you have a program like Reason, Acid, cubase or any other midi based production software, ur midi keyboard is wat u use to record w/ or play w/ and control it.. w/o the software, ur keyboard really doesn't do anything, because it is essentially just a keyboard w/ no brain. like the keyboard u type w/, u can't do anything w/ it unless its plugged into ur computer. although the midi-keyboard can be plugged into other things, like other synth and midi devices, it can be used to control those too. i dunno if i made much sense, i suggest u ask in the producers forum.
Arsalan
quote:
Originally posted by hapamoto
they are different from synthesizers where as im just assuming ur talking about a midi controller.. i have a m-audio radium midi keyboard, it is a midi controller, it is the midi interface for your software.. example, you have a program like Reason, Acid, cubase or any other midi based production software, ur midi keyboard is wat u use to record w/ or play w/ and control it.. w/o the software, ur keyboard really doesn't do anything, because it is essentially just a keyboard w/ no brain. like the keyboard u type w/, u can't do anything w/ it unless its plugged into ur computer. although the midi-keyboard can be plugged into other things, like other synth and midi devices, it can be used to control those too. i dunno if i made much sense, i suggest u ask in the producers forum.

i was thinking of getting something like what your talking about but i didnt know what to look for is the one that you have any good ?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement