return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
This transition is impossible!! Try it!
View this Thread in Original format
Rememberence_
Let me be the first to admit I'm not a very experienced DJ, but this transition (from Chicane - Saltwater (Original Mix) into Delerium - Silence (Tiesto's ISOS Remix)) is just impossible!

Can anyone pull it off, and make it sound good? If so, record the transition, send it to me, I'll post it on my webspace and please kindly explain what you did!
El~ZaPo
I might give it a shot.
snotbubbl1
reasons that it may not work for you:

1. the two records are not in the same key
2. your skills are lacking?
escee
quote:
Originally posted by snotbubbl1
1. the two records are not in the same key

quoted for emphasis
El~ZaPo
Well I gave it a go, and here's what I came up with.
It sounds kinda rough but I don't really feel like doing it again.

download here: Transition.mp3
1:34, 1.5mb
DJYaNiK
quote:
Originally posted by El~ZaPo
Well I gave it a go, and here's what I came up with.
It sounds kinda rough but I don't really feel like doing it again.

download here: Transition.mp3
1:34, 1.5mb

Overall, it sounds really good. The only thing that I should complain about is the fact that Silence's "first few tune beats" clashed with Saltwater's tune...
JohnSmith
yeah, i thought it sounded pretty good.

not in key, and there is a little weirdness there, but aiight sounding, i have heard tiesto do much worse!
Xavier
dont you have drag silence's pitch heaps heaps low? its like mixing something thats almost 140bpm with something that is 120-129bpm range.
Acid John
uhhh, yeah....

when i downloaded it, all i got was a 4 second clip.... whats up with that?
Tiger777
started of very good, but you should've gotten saltwater out when the singing started.

DJ Charlie
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger777
started of very good, but you should've gotten saltwater out when the singing started.

this is rule number 1 when mixing... never mix into singing parts
unless the vocals are little 2 seconds samples that you hear a few times in the track.
Rememberence_
Thanks for the feedback people, and for giving it a shot El~ZaPo. Here is one that I came up a while ago, one of the only ones that kinda works. It's very abrubpt, but it still kinda flows okay... give me your thoughts.

Download: 128kbps, 1min 49sec, here
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement