return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Retired Forums > Party/Rave Info, Pictures & Reviews

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
PVD @ Blue in Dallas
View this Thread in Original format
kris1351
Saw this show coming up on 8/29 and am looking forward to seeing him. Anyone been to Blue yet? Their site kind of sucks and the only real information on it is how to become a "vip" member for $500-$1000.
Evan Almae
I wanna go, but only if the club is legit. I mean, if its some rinky dink, tiny ass club, it won't be worth it. Too many people makes for a ty time. Thats in' crazy about the 500-1000 dollar VIP tix, no one is worth that much. What is the club's website, I've been looking for it. Also where can I buy tix, cause I know ticketmaster doesn't sell them.

peace.

Steve

EDIT: Here is a review I just read from www.digitalcity.com/dallas


In a loving tribute to Dallas' on-again, off-again oil-boom exuberance, Blue is the product of an interior decorator's flair, an SUV's roominess and several million dollars in capital. The monstrously luxurious facility houses such must-have amenities as a 3,000 square foot dance floor, more than a dozen separate bar stations, its own in-house restaurant and, of course, a VIP lounge. The drink menu is a pretty by-the-numbers affair, though you'll find a couple of surprises; aside from the dozens of complicated compilations you'd expect to find in any lounge-type setting, you'll also be privy to such resident specialties as the Long Island Blue Tea, the Blue Sky and the Island Blue -- guess the common gimmick and you get a prize (the trick answer: they're all made with liberal splashings of curacao). The clientele is generally as pretty as the all-out elegance to be found among the decor, and a stringent dress code helps to ensure that the guests match the drapes.
-- Barrett Brown
kris1351
I really want to see PVD, but so far the idea of going to this blue club doesn't seem worth it. I haven't found anything about tickets yet, but a dress code enforced club it seems. I don't want to dance all night with trendy "I think its techno" dips.
kparker
Full Access Presents
Friday, August 29th
Club Blue : Dallas

Paul Van Dyk _
(Vandit, Mute)

Jerry Bonham
(San Fransisco)

resident dj's Pat Tetrick
VIP Room: Michael Jerome &
Special Guest: _ DJ Merritt

Blue
1933 Elm
Downtown Dallas
10pm-4am
18+ w/valid id
dress code enforced: no shorts, no flip-flops/sandals, no sneakers. _
Limited presale : $20
Door: $25 for 21+, $30 for under

update, you can wear sneakers........so
kris1351
Wonder if no shorts means slacks and no jeans?
kris1351
Don't bother emailing, the staff won't give any information. Kind of what I figured. Supposedly there will be more info on their site soon.
technojunkie
Has anyone figured out where to buy presales yet?
juice72
You can wear jeans in blue. They just can't have holes, etc. They must be presentable. I wore my Mavi's in there Saturday night and had no problems. i also wore my ClimaCool Trainers and had no hassle, but it could have been because I recieved a special invite from one of the owners of the club. It is a nice club. I think they devoted to much space to the VIP area and not enough to the dance floor, but hey....That's Dallas for you!!!
kris1351
There site actually lists the event now, but no info on presales.
technojunkie
OK...I guess they're just not on sale yet.

FalconRed
There's been a lot of Hype surrounding this club, and it's supposed to be really awesome. I can't wait to see what it's all about myself. I'm glad to see PVD frequent the Dallas area more than he has in the past. His last showing at Meltdown a year ago was awesome!!! I've been waiting to buy tickets for weeks now.
kris1351
Presale tickets available now at:

Blue
Core Records
Bills
Illmatic Records
ATPT (not sure where that is)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement