return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2004

Pages: [1] 2 
uefa disgust
View this Thread in Original format
chesco
it's just a shame that a quality team like porto have to resort to diving to win the referee over.

vitor baia is a disgrace to football and should be banned for his insulting display. what a in looser.

celtic played there hearts out and i couldn't be more proud. but is it not ironic that the man who said porto would walk all over us is the very man who has to cheat to make himself better. vitor baia you are no longer welcome in glasgow.

i have to say tho deco is in amazing, reminds me of saviola a bit.
breslin
The bhoys were very unlucky indead. If the referee had've give the free for the foul on larsson on the edge of the box, then bobo would nver have been sent off. Good luck to them on sunday.
Acid Circus
Celtic were poor in the first half, every attack was so obvious it looked like Porto were going to have an easy win. Yet that second half display was awesome, great character and heart shown. As a Rangers fan I took no satisfaction in seeing the Porto players in the end cheat their way to victory, Vitor Baia should be punished for his antics! I predicted before the game that Petrov was a weak link in midfield for Celtic and I seemed to be proven right. I dislike Celtics long ball approach they used mostly in the first half, I think Maloney should get his chance as the team plays better football with him up front rather than hoof the ball to Sutton/Hartson and hope somebody gets the knockdown. Not a big fan of Thompson but have to admit he was outstanding, as was Lennon!

Its going to be a bitter blow to Celtic when they finish the season trophyless :D
PaRaNoIk0
quote:
Originally posted by chesco

vitor baia is a disgrace to football and should be banned for his insulting display. what a in looser.

wtf??!! :conf: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

you haven't seen the same game that I've seen

and yep, WE ING WON IT :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fundamental
quote:
Originally posted by PaRaNoIk0
you haven't seen the same game that I've seen

The one where Baia dived out of his own box still holding the ball and rolled around a lot? I'm sure you remember it...
PaRaNoIk0
quote:
Originally posted by Fundamental
The one where Baia dived out of his own box still holding the ball and rolled around a lot? I'm sure you remember it...

yeah, ok, he dived, but he was touched by that other player
chesco
touched!!!!!!!

it's a in contact sport. He dived. it should have been a free kick to celtic. and baia should have been booked for handling outside the area.

Instead he wasted about 3 minutes. add the celebration for your goal and there should have been another 6 mins injury time added to that game. but there wasn't.

i felt porto were a far superior team and there was just no need to resort to those tactics. it's an insult to football.
evil_bastard
I thought the sides were pretty evenly matched on the day, but ultimately the fault must rest with Douglas, two of Porto's goals should never have happened. Quite simply it was a failure to keep the ball in his hands. It sounds harsh but really with a competent keeper Celtic would have won in my view.

Some of that diving was appalling but we've seen a lot worse in Europe this year. It's the one thing that pisses me off about European football.

Celtic have done themselves proud and they didn't go out without a fight. Playing for 2 hours in those temperatures won't help their league campaign mind.
Dj O'Callaghan
ing s! :mad: I've been in a foul mood. ing cheating liars I hope that piece of ing Derlei dies, and that ing bag Baia.

If Porto weren't such a group of diving ing premaddonas maybe I'd be alright about it and accept defeat but I ing ain't.

I tell yers aswell I actually said after the game to my parents I hope our fans riot in Seville and start having a go at Porto fans to teach them a ing lesson that we're severly pissed off by their ing club.

Baia, Derlei your ing worse then Diego Maradonna and ing Jurgen Klinesmen rolled into one.
PaRaNoIk0
face it, celtic didn't lose because of diving, and much less because of the referee. it looked like in' wrestling, the way celtic players were making harsh fouls after harsh fouls. there should have been more bookings...

after all, it was a great game and celtic was a good opponent, damn Henrik Larsson who kept drawing it :whip: :p

and if you are so shocked about the diving, you should see some more games of our league.. it's a ing comedy :haha:

n3o
quote:
Originally posted by Dj O'Callaghan
ing s! :mad: I've been in a foul mood. ing cheating liars I hope that piece of ing Derlei dies, and that ing bag Baia.

If Porto weren't such a group of diving ing premaddonas maybe I'd be alright about it and accept defeat but I ing ain't.

I tell yers aswell I actually said after the game to my parents I hope our fans riot in Seville and start having a go at Porto fans to teach them a ing lesson that we're severly pissed off by their ing club.

Baia, Derlei your ing worse then Diego Maradonna and ing Jurgen Klinesmen rolled into one.

lol
big dave
just back from seville an hour ago!

totally gutted!

great atmosphere!

but why do some european players insist on diving? thats the worst thing in football! however we did ourselves proud, should have won it but thats football!

well done the bhoys!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement