return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Question about the Vestex 275 mixer?
View this Thread in Original format
Hootchis
I just bought a Vestex 275 mixer which i'm very happy with thus far. I'm relatively new to DJ'ing, however not new to the scene in general. My question is this. Does this mixer have a headphone mix, meaning when listening to the cued track, i can't figure out how to make it the domininate beat in my phones....i can only have them both playing at the same volumes. Is there a way on this mixer to control the volume of the cued track vs the outgoing track in the headphones? any help is greatly appreciated.
JohnSmith
no, there is no way to do this on this mixer. what i do is turn the gain up on the cued track to be able to hear it.

just remember to put it back down before mixing in!
Hootchis
yeah, that's kind of what i thought....i've been doing what you suggested with the gains, however it doesn't do much justice at times. I'm surprised that a mixer with a price tag like that doesn't come with a headphone mix. However, maybe i just don't know much about mixers. What type of price range are we talking about with headphone mixes....or is each mixer just different than the next and not have to do with price range.
Project T
u should learn to mix 1 ear on, 1 ear off, its the only way that you will be able to dj in loud environments :)
Hootchis
so, it's not that much of a negative that the mixer doesn't have earphone mixing....just have to learn it the way you said.
JohnSmith
quote:
Originally posted by Hootchis
I'm surprised that a mixer with a price tag like that doesn't come with a headphone mix. However, maybe i just don't know much about mixers. What type of price range are we talking about with headphone mixes....or is each mixer just different than the next and not have to do with price range.

yeah, each mixer is different. I don't think even the DJM 500 has a headphone mix knob. i think the 600 does though. i could be wrong about that. but i have seen cheap ass scratch 2 channel mixers that have this feature, and expensive ones that don't. some scratch mixers implement it as a smaller crosfader so you can preview what your scratches will sound like before doing them.

one thing the vestax 275 DOES have is split cue, the big black pushbutton by the headphone cueing. if you press this, you get the master channel in one side, and the cue in the other. this can be helpful for differentiating. however, i don't like this method, because the stereo separation confuses my feeble mind. :)

as long as you keep the gains low enough that you aren't maxing one out to hear it in the cans, then it should be effective. works for me anyway.
Hootchis
thanks for the info...that's pretty much what i've been doing.
besides that....great mixer though!
Bryant
quote:
Originally posted by Hootchis
thanks for the info...that's pretty much what i've been doing.
besides that....great mixer though!

Yep, very nice mixer indeed. :toocool:
mikefasssy
Can't you just put both que's /pfl's on at once????
ne1seenmykeys
quote:
Originally posted by Project T
u should learn to mix 1 ear on, 1 ear off, its the only way that you will be able to dj in loud environments :)

why do you say this? Please explain further

Hootchis
can anyone tell me the purpose and how to operate the Effect on the Vestex 275.
JohnSmith
there are no effects on the 275. the effects send and return requires an FX processor to be connected to it for these to work.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement