Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Andain Info and Q&A
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
rowanlove
Junior tranceaddict

Andain Info and Q&A

Lot's of you have questions about Andain - here's some info for you: Andain has plans for an album. In fact, they first started out writing and recording tracks for the album. Tiesto met Josh Gabriel because of "Wave 3" and really liked "Summer Calling" - which then led to a dance version by Josh Gabriel and remix by Gabriel&Dresden. Josh, Mavie and David Penner finished writing the bulk of it in Amsterdam last summer. There will also be a Josh Gabriel mix of "Beautiful Things."

Old Post Mar-12-2003 00:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for rowanlove Click here to Send rowanlove a Private Message Add rowanlove to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rakoon
2001 - 2003

Are Mavie and Penner also members of Andain?

Old Post Mar-12-2003 00:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakoon Click here to Send Rakoon a Private Message Add Rakoon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rowanlove
Junior tranceaddict

Yes - Andain is Mavie Marcos, David Penner and Josh Gabriel.

Old Post Mar-12-2003 00:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for rowanlove Click here to Send rowanlove a Private Message Add rowanlove to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
elena
vinyls are sexy

i like the quick replies

not to be too nitpicky but what genre does andain consider itself to be under?

how long has andain been around?

Old Post Mar-12-2003 01:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for elena Click here to Send elena a Private Message Add elena to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fast Turtle
Runs Quick

quote:
Originally posted by Rakoon
Are Mavie and Penner also members of Andain?

Rakoon that's a ferret!

Originally posted by Masonious
you win again dude - and nice move shoving the whole i figured out how to order pizza thing in my face. i tried that 4 and a half months ago and woke up with a Taiwanese transvestite but to Ygrene it's just, "anoother day in the life, noooo biggieee".

Old Post Mar-12-2003 01:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Fast Turtle Click here to Send Fast Turtle a Private Message Add Fast Turtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rowanlove
Junior tranceaddict

Interesting you should ask. The dance music is trance/prog house, but I think you would agree the sound is fresh.
The album is a group with electronic feel. They all write the music together and Josh Gabriel is producing/engineering with lots of great orginal sounds and keyboards, Penner plays live acoustic guitar and bass, Mavie has written some stunning lyrics - and of course delivers beautiful vocal performances/harmonies. I think record labels are trying to figure out where to put this exciting new music -what do you think the genre is?

Old Post Mar-12-2003 01:10  United States
rowanlove
Junior tranceaddict

Bit of Trivia: Penner plays eletric guitar too on all Andain stuff but is also the guitar master in the following Gabriel & Dresden remixes:
Beber & Tamara "Travelling On" Gabriel&Dresden remix
Jewel "Serve the Ego" Gabriel&Dresden remix
"Beach Ball" Gabriel&Dresden Remix
Ils "Muzik" Gabriel&Dresden Remix

Old Post Mar-12-2003 01:20  United States
Rakoon
2001 - 2003

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Nuclear
Rakoon that's a ferret!

I just knew it didnt look like a raccoon! Ah well it will have to pass off as one

Are there plans for an album under the Gabriel & Dresden act? Also will Dave Dresden be helping out on the album?

Old Post Mar-12-2003 01:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakoon Click here to Send Rakoon a Private Message Add Rakoon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

i like andain - summer calling (original) the breaks mix, aahhh, so nice

Old Post Mar-12-2003 01:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ibiza Dreams
Chroma

Rasta Hey Rowan

Hey bud, are you affiliated with Gabriel and Dresden in any way? I noticed that you are in San Francisco, I am actually in the bay area too, and I've fallen in love with their music. Is there anywhere to go to meet them and chat? Like a record store they frequent or studio? I was just thinking of the possibility.

Ahhh also, a question that has been nagging at me... any thought on whether Tiesto will decide to remix "Beautiful Things?" He's had great luck in the past remixing those type of female vocal tracks (Silence, Innocente).

Last edited by Ibiza Dreams on Mar-12-2003 at 01:56

Old Post Mar-12-2003 01:43  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for Ibiza Dreams Click here to Send Ibiza Dreams a Private Message Add Ibiza Dreams to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TeKnoHe@d2025
Derek Howell Addict

Hmm, has this David Penner done any other productions? More info on him would be appreciated such as other alias'. Also, more info on Mavie Marcos...she's got a beautiful voice.

Old Post Mar-12-2003 02:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TeKnoHe@d2025 Click here to Send TeKnoHe@d2025 a Private Message Visit TeKnoHe@d2025's homepage! Add TeKnoHe@d2025 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
NiteKiD
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by rowanlove
Bit of Trivia: Penner plays eletric guitar too on all Andain stuff but is also the guitar master in the following Gabriel & Dresden remixes:
Beber & Tamara "Travelling On" Gabriel&Dresden remix

mmm i die everytime i hear the guitar come in during the buildup of this one...same with Muzik

Old Post Mar-12-2003 02:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for NiteKiD Click here to Send NiteKiD a Private Message Add NiteKiD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Andain Info and Q&A
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread