Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Is Nigga A Bad Word?
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
KoreanDJ
Supreme tranceaddict

Is Nigga A Bad Word?

C'mon now.....is it that bad? I define "NIGGA" as someone who is really close to you...like a brother....who is willing to hook you up with some $$$ when you need some. Someone who could help you out when you are in trouble, someone who listens to all of your BS.... Let me know what you guys think of that word.

Steve

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KoreanDJ Click Here to Email KoreanDJ Click here to Send KoreanDJ a Private Message Add KoreanDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
torontotrance
I hath returned

I've always considered it as a bad word....never used it myself....I've always had a problem with black ppl using it among themselves....I think they demean themselves but then again...you don't hear it as much as you used to

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for torontotrance Click Here to Email torontotrance Click here to Send torontotrance a Private Message Add torontotrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Technaut
tuanhceT

i would say it is

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:33  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Technaut Click Here to Email Technaut Click here to Send Technaut a Private Message Add Technaut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nige|
Transcend Addict

Is is and it isnt, i mean, round where i live, black people are forever refering to each other as "niggas" but if a white person went n said it to em, even in a context thats not deemed racist, ya likely to get ya head smashed in.

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:37  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Nige| Click Here to Email Nige| Click here to Send Nige| a Private Message Visit Nige|'s homepage! Add Nige| to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kirbtastic
Supreme tranceaddict

i think its ufair that only black people can use it, after all white people invented it. sometimes when im walking down the street i just wanna sing "i love my niggas but wheres my bitches".

im jk...its a very bad word, very degrading i think, for anyone to use.

pixel8edconcepts.com :: new flash site in the works

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kirbtastic Click Here to Email kirbtastic Click here to Send kirbtastic a Private Message Add kirbtastic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pete K
Chasing the sun

go ahead and say that word to an african american walking down the street and see what happens

schwing batta batta

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pete K Click Here to Email Pete K Click here to Send Pete K a Private Message Add Pete K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nadi
Not quite an addict

I don't know if its a bad word, but its certantly a sensitive word, one which you should think about before using, esspecially if your not black. I live in a community were a good 1/4th of the people are black, and I have many black freinds, some don't mind me using the word, others get really upset, so I try to avoid it all together, especially since I know what its like to be made fun of because of ethnicity or religion.

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nadi Click Here to Email Nadi Click here to Send Nadi a Private Message Add Nadi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

A word cannot be "good" or "bad", for it is merely an abstract representation of an idea. Even when the idea itself is horrible, the word itself is harmless: my saying "genocide" doesn't kill anyone.

Bad words do not exist, hence nigga can not be one of them.

Old Post Dec-27-2002 22:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jp

Nigga isn't as bad as 'old man'

Old Post Dec-27-2002 23:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for jp Click Here to Email jp Click here to Send jp a Private Message Add jp to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kirbtastic
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter
A word cannot be "good" or "bad", for it is merely an abstract representation of an idea. Even when the idea itself is horrible, the word itself is harmless: my saying "genocide" doesn't kill anyone.

Bad words do not exist, hence nigga can not be one of them.

what a well thought out response..arbiter ur a smart person. okay so how bout this...does the word nigga carry a negative connataion still, even though black people use it in a lovingly manner.

pixel8edconcepts.com :: new flash site in the works

Old Post Dec-27-2002 23:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kirbtastic Click Here to Email kirbtastic Click here to Send kirbtastic a Private Message Add kirbtastic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

quote:
Originally posted by kirbtastic
what a well thought out response..arbiter ur a smart person. okay so how bout this...does the word nigga carry a negative connataion still, even though black people use it in a lovingly manner.

Unfortunately, it does, because a lot of people are still very sensitive about racism. While black people frequently use it amongst themselves, they feel they can do so because they know the other black people aren't racist (at least against blacks). But when a white person uses the word, they have to wonder if that person is a racist or not. Now personally, as a minority, if someone really thought they were superior to me, I'd rather they express themselves honestly than put on some kind of facade and pretend they thought of me as being equal. But I understand that I may be unusual in that preference.

I would probably refrain from using the word nigga unless it was with someone I knew very well and who I knew wouldn't feel hurt by my using it. But I think in general it's a sad reflection of our society that we have become so sensitive that a mere word can cause us so much angst.

Regards,

Arbiter

Old Post Dec-27-2002 23:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Technaut
tuanhceT

quote:
Originally posted by jploveparade
Nigga isn't as bad as 'old man'

WAHAHAHAHAHA

shut it old man loveparade

Old Post Dec-27-2002 23:17  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Technaut Click Here to Email Technaut Click here to Send Technaut a Private Message Add Technaut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Is Nigga A Bad Word?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread