Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lews - Quarantine Classics - Puligny-Montrachet Edition [Progressive Classics]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Lews - Quarantine Classics - Puligny-Montrachet Edition [Progressive Classics]

Been a good four years or so since I did a prog classics mix, but I had a few bottles of very good wine over the weekend and threw this together.

Weekend World – The Word [Yoshitoshi Recordings, 2001]
Weekend World – The Word (Dub) [Yoshitoshi Recordings, 2001]
New Phunk Theory – Always (Little Green Vocal Dub) [Airtight, 2000]
Northface – Entity (Yekuana Remix) [Pied Piper Records, 2000]
Sasha / Emerson – Scorchio (Sander Kleinenberg’s Scorched Mix) [Excession, 2001]
Van Bellen – Groovepalette [Beak Recordings, 2000]
G-Pal – Morning Lights [Plastic City, 2000]
Ben Shaw feat. Adele Holness – So Strong (Soul Mekanik Mix) [Fire, 2001]
Rouge – Jingalay (Markus Schulz Remix) [Gekko, 2001]
Gloat – Wuarp [Audio Therapy, 2000]
Novocane – Rainmaker (Out And Out Mix) [Glow Records, 1999]
PQM feat. Cica – The Flying Song (Markus Schulz’ Renaissance Dub) [Yoshitoshi Recordings, 2001]
Dakota – Swirl (Original Mix) [Plastik Records, 1999]
Liquid Language – Blu Savannah (Original Mix) [Age One Records, 1998]
Miro – Paradise (Red Jerry’s Longdubbyvocal Mix) [Hooj Choons, 1998]
Stef Vrolijk – Joachim [Sadie Records, 1999]
Billy Hendrix – The Body Shine (Timewriter Remix) [Hooj Choons, 1998]
R Factors – Rendez Vous (Original Mix) [Touché, 1999]
Samui – The Big Blue (John Johnson Remix) [Amato International, 2000]
Dea-Li – Calling The Angels (DJ Taucher Extended Club Mix) [Orbit Records, 1997]
Future Breeze – Mind In Motion (Van Bellen Latenight Mix) [Alphabet City, 2001]
Opal – The Snake (Christian West Remix) [Futureshock Music, 1999]
Nerva – Modo VII (Santo Nerva de Mercia Mix) [Pitch Black, 2000]
Chicane – Lost You Somewhere (Heliotropic Mix) [Xtravaganza Recordings, 1997]
Escape – Cascades (Part One) [Fluid Recordings UK, 1999]
Breeder – The Chain (Lews’ Off The Chain Edit] [Unreleased]
Layo & Bushwacka! Vs. Planet Funk – Love Story [Unreleased]

Last edited by Lews on Apr-27-2020 at 14:26

Old Post Apr-27-2020 13:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Grandmaster Prog

Oh wow this is entirely my cup of tea. Will definitely be listening to the mix in full very soon.

Updates to the old Marco V tracklist archive

Old Post Apr-27-2020 14:47  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Midlothian is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Definitely taking a listen, some less obvious tracks from one of my favorite time periods in music.

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Apr-28-2020 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Grandmaster Prog

Re: Lews - Quarantine Classics - Puligny-Montrachet Edition [Progressive Classics]

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
New Phunk Theory – Always (Little Green Vocal Dub) [Airtight, 2000]
Northface – Entity (Yekuana Remix) [Pied Piper Records, 2000]
Sasha / Emerson – Scorchio (Sander Kleinenberg’s Scorched Mix) [Excession, 2001]
Van Bellen – Groovepalette [Beak Recordings, 2000]

Enjoying this, some eleven tracks in; the sequence of these four especially.
As much as I love the two versions of Weekend World's The Word - and it is a nice set opener - I would myself have started this with the Little Green vocal dub. There's a sense of coherence for me from Little Green onwards, but that's just me. It's nice to come across a few tracks I've not heard for ages, too; Gloat, Liquid Language, R Factors.

Old Post Apr-28-2020 21:17  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Midlothian is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

You know, for a Platipus addict, there's a surprising lack of Platipus in this set.

quote:
Liquid Language – Blu Savannah (Original Mix) [Age One Records, 1998]

Such a bomb.

Old Post Apr-28-2020 21:29  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gemlerr
tranceaddict

what an awesome mix man. had a great time listening to it

Future Breeze – Mind In Motion (Van Bellen Latenight Mix)

Old Post Apr-29-2020 08:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Gemlerr Click here to Send Gemlerr a Private Message Add Gemlerr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Glad you're enjoying it and not distracted by my messy mixing abilities

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
You know, for a Platipus addict, there's a surprising lack of Platipus in this set.

Gekko was a Platipus sub-label

Old Post Apr-30-2020 13:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Grandmaster Prog

quote:
and not distracted by my messy mixing abilities

I just assumed you were still firmly holding that wine bottle to empty during the first couple of transitions .

Some really darned good music there.

Last edited by Midlothian on May-01-2020 at 11:16

Old Post May-01-2020 11:07  Netherlands
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I've been caning this pretty repeatedly the last week or two, it's got such a great mix of classic prog tracks and some that you don't hear too often anymore. It starts out very Howells influenced then moves into Seaman - in fact I recognized a number of tracks from Howells NuBreed and 24:7, and Seaman's Cape Town GU. I like how you started with more deep prog and then worked your way up to the bangers. My only complaint is some spotty mixing in parts, was this done on vinyl?

I bought that New Phunk Theory track on vinyl last year, really lovely little tune.

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post May-09-2020 16:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
I've been caning this pretty repeatedly the last week or two, it's got such a great mix of classic prog tracks and some that you don't hear too often anymore. It starts out very Howells influenced then moves into Seaman - in fact I recognized a number of tracks from Howells NuBreed and 24:7, and Seaman's Cape Town GU. I like how you started with more deep prog and then worked your way up to the bangers. My only complaint is some spotty mixing in parts, was this done on vinyl?

I bought that New Phunk Theory track on vinyl last year, really lovely little tune.

I've actually never listened to much of Howells' work, so that's interesting. Definitely have played the shit out of Seaman's Cape Town GU over the years, though. The beginning was actually more Deep Dish inspired, after listening to a recorded set of theirs from Bedrock in 2000.

It was not done in vinyl, it was done with vinyl rips in Traktor with a mouse and a keyboard, because I have had some technological issues lately and I am a bad DJ and was quite drunk whilst recording this

Glad you've been enjoying it, though

Old Post May-10-2020 22:25 
Nrg2Nfinit
ItaloDiscoAddict

Very nice mix lews, good to hear the word "progressive" used correctly once again.

enjoyed hearing the bpms a bit kicked up, gave a good vibe.

cheers!

Old Post May-11-2020 17:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nrg2Nfinit Click here to Send Nrg2Nfinit a Private Message Add Nrg2Nfinit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Nrg2Nfinit
Very nice mix lews, good to hear the word "progressive" used correctly once again.

enjoyed hearing the bpms a bit kicked up, gave a good vibe.

cheers!

Long time no see! Glad you enjoyed it

Old Post May-12-2020 18:33 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lews - Quarantine Classics - Puligny-Montrachet Edition [Progressive Classics]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread