Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > After The Virus
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

After The Virus

So, what happens after the virus? What are permanent changes in society?

I'm thinking 5-10 years down the line, circa 2025-2030.

A lot more people working at home, but what else? Increased productivity numbers in the West as people 'work' less, but achieve the same. Higher social spending, but by what degree? 5% tax increase? 10%?

Curious what you all are thinking.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 01:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Agree about increased social spending. More automation of lower level jobs? Get that UBI happening lol.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 01:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Pinkos

Old Post Mar-27-2020 01:26  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

As far as the US, I predict a lot of mindless political finger-pointing and blame-shifting over the next few years. When it comes to more permanent changes, I think a lot will depend on how bad this actually gets. Denial is a powerful force but for most people it can only last so long once the bodies start piling up.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 02:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

a lot of corporations will be saving $$ by having more employees work from home. Not only will they save $$ by reduced office space, but working from home will may also lessen one's yearly raise

[QUOTE=thisisyumpop]I am a Wealth Management Advisor accused of selling and partying on a public forum where the NYPD street crimes and drug units read threads to get info on parties to shut down. This is not some bumblefuck hood, it is very serious. They could get my ip and investigate me over a lie. I could lose my entire career. The people on ta that know this are serious, this is too much[/quote]

Old Post Mar-27-2020 04:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Camwin
STICKMAN

I hope there's a shift in society.
Less thinking of money and more thinking of people and the fact we are the guardians this Earth.
We need different values.

Not A Good Time To Be In The Travel Industry ATM, So I Drank and Made A Mix - Vol Four

Old Post Mar-27-2020 05:08  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for Camwin Click here to Send Camwin a Private Message Visit Camwin's homepage! Add Camwin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO

China will be the undisputed heavyweight super power of the world.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 09:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I think it depends on how quickly the pandemic ends, how successfully our global economy recovers and how many lives are lost.

If we somehow get a handle on this and it ends up being a 6-9 month phenomenon then it's more likely to be a weird little "remember when we couldn't leave our homes?" moment in history. If it ends up being a full scale disaster then the fall out, social and political, could be huge.

> A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]
> Lost In You [Trance Classics]
> I Dreamed Of Summer [Deep & Melodic House]

Old Post Mar-27-2020 10:15  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Reign in the unfettered globalization!

Old Post Mar-27-2020 10:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Smoke Weed Every Day

After the virus: Will Smith will be living alone with his German Shepherd in a well-stocked apartment in New York, driving around in a Shelby GT Mustang, hunting deer. It's a good life, if you can live it.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 11:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO

I've discussed with friends how this might change London. It's such a fast-paced city. People are generally hectic unless it's the weekend and you're sharing pints with them. I wonder if it'll put things in perspective and slow the city down a bit if things go back to normal. I guess the longer this lasts, the higher the chance of it having a lasting impact. People might get so used to working from/being at home all the time that it'll make them rethink their lifestyle choices once the gates open again. Who knows.

I can imagine a Third Summer of Love on the horizon, either this year or next. The first few months after the pandemic ends will be a friendly and fun time with loads of great parties. If it ends in the middle of winter, well..

Old Post Mar-27-2020 11:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
I can imagine a Third Summer of Love on the horizon, either this year or next. The first few months after the pandemic ends will be a friendly and fun time with loads of great parties. If it ends in the middle of winter, well..

Agree with this - 2021/2022.

I also think a lot of new laws/procedures will be outlined so in the event of a future pandemic there is a more accurate "playbook" to follow.

Things I expected to be on the timeline for the next year++:

- UBI
- intl. travel requiring proof of vaccination
- paranoia about cash being contaminated and move to more touchless payments
- prepper/pandemic type preparation businesses cashing in
- will handshakes ever return?

In terms of the physical/social distancing aspect, these:

- public transit challenges
- crowded events (nightclubs/concerts/sporting/etc.)
- seating arrangements @ restaurants

...and GOD FORBID YOU SNEEZE/COUGH IN PUBLIC!

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Mar-27-2020 18:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > After The Virus
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread