Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tracks you got directly from the artist
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

Tracks you got directly from the artist

So Beatport is coming up short and you realize you've never heard this gem outside of a mixed setting. Sure enough, Discogs confirms your suspicions with either a white/promo entry or with no entry at all, so you think: the guy is right there on Facebook, what harm could it do to just ask if they having it lying around, especially if this gem is an old one?

And it works. Sometimes. I've managed to score a handful this way, but the ones off the top of my head:

Andy Archer sent me a special edit Trafik did of Dark Globe's 'Extended Attic Window mix' of Far Leys they did for Electric Calm vol. 3

Contacted Steve Gerrard of Wrecked Angle for their remix of Syntax- Bliss (which I'm super excited to have).

Stian Klo was nice enough to send me a copy of his unreleased remix of Matthew Dekay's 'Time To Think', completed sometime in 2004.

Ever try it? What did you get? I'm also interested in any rejections you may have had, either due to licensing or 'fuck you' reasons.

Old Post May-16-2019 23:57  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

I have sent a few artists and DJs tracks they lost from white labels so the reverse of your post lol

From an artist I cannot think of any usually I get some engagement as they walk down memory lane before a week later its like *read* but unanswered aka fuck off

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post May-17-2019 13:59  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Lars Leonhard sent me a bunch of his albums on CD. Does that count?

(~)

Old Post May-17-2019 23:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

Whirloop - Modifying My Earth

Never released it so I asked him about it (because I love it) and the good chap put it up for download on his website.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post May-19-2019 05:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

I once asked Whirloop for his remix of Bird Of Prey (this was a few years later when it obviously wasn't going to get released) but hd didn't reply

I've got quite a few this way though, Terry Bones was good enough to send me his remix of Wavy Gravy plus the original of Introspection in the few years when Vandit weren't on any digital download sites.

Old Post May-19-2019 13:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I heard this song somewhere a few years ago while listening to Sirius XM (might have been from Pretty Lights' radio show?), commented on Soundcloud if the song was available to purchase, and he sent me the original .wav of the track. Fun song, hard to put my finger on what type of music this is... maybe if Aphex Twin takes a bit too much E and tries making a skippy, funky trap track?

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post May-22-2019 00:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Mr Game+Watch is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tom Yelland
Supreme tranceaddict

Ben Gold's sent me a few from his very early days - fav was 1984 which I still play.

Static Revenger very kindly sent me Chocolate Puma's full remix of his track 'Happy People' which I adore.

Hooj sent me Mara's Remix of Space Manoeuvres - Stage One by accident.. happy accident.

Harryson very kindly sent me his remix of Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone which to this day is one of the best Trance tracks ever made IMO.

And the biggest one? Mystery Machine - Psychedelic Concentration Camp. Released after 19 years of searching on DAT Recordings. Artist sent me the released version, a Psy version and another unreleased track 'This Civilisation'

Been really lucky to be fair.

Old Post May-23-2019 05:29  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Yelland Click here to Send Tom Yelland a Private Message Visit Tom Yelland's homepage! Add Tom Yelland to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vampirul_18
tranceaddict

Kayestone - Atmosphere (Kayestone Re-Con Mix)
Gold 'n' Delicious - Ascension (Lange Remix)

GENUINE. UNIQUE. VARIETY.

Now everything sounds so half assed and follows a certain formula...feels like you're listening to the same track over and over.

Old Post May-23-2019 13:39  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for vampirul_18 Click here to Send vampirul_18 a Private Message Visit vampirul_18's homepage! Add vampirul_18 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tracks you got directly from the artist
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread