Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > DMCA Takedown notices & Google
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

Evil1 DMCA Takedown notices & Google

I fucking HATE this broken system!

Every week at least a dozen threads are removed from search listings because some shitty PAID service - that labels pay to remove URLs of torrents/track downloads - decides that a post merely mentioning a track is breaking some sort of law.

You have to file a counter-claim to have it re-instated. I used to do them but I stopped a while back. The thread in question here is no big deal but it illustrates the stupidity of it all

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Apr-13-2018 15:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

lol, a thread from 2003, I highly doubt these piracy links are even still online

Old Post Apr-13-2018 19:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Does anyone even remember that track?

(~)

Old Post Apr-14-2018 04:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Wait a second.

The thread doesn't even link to the damn track. you got a take down for people discussing a track in 2003?

ASOT makes all the shows/mixes available for download on their own site, yet TA has to take down a thread due to people discussing it?

Old Post Apr-14-2018 19:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Armin things

Old Post Apr-14-2018 22:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Armin things

It's true. That twat was literally uploading his ASOT weekly recordings to the pirate bay to spread his name/dominance everywhere, but if anyone else even discussed an ASOT track on a forum, they'd get a tack down notice. I know it was him (or one of his minions) on one occasion it hit TPB before the show actually aired.

Old Post Apr-15-2018 22:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
It's true. That twat was literally uploading his ASOT weekly recordings to the pirate bay to spread his name/dominance everywhere, but if anyone else even discussed an ASOT track on a forum, they'd get a tack down notice. I know it was him (or one of his minions) on one occasion it hit TPB before the show actually aired.

Nice.
A bit different perhaps and off-topic but what about all the old 2001 and onwards A State of Trance radio shows put on Spotify, with sometimes multiple or even most tracks cut out and others reattached with new jingles. I didn't exactly have the impression they are high-quality files from the studio. Nice way of creating additional revenue I reckon. I must have contributed a penny or two when I listened to a few old tracks on there...

Old Post Apr-16-2018 14:14  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Nice.
A bit different perhaps and off-topic but what about all the old 2001 and onwards A State of Trance radio shows put on Spotify, with sometimes multiple or even most tracks cut out and others reattached with new jingles. I didn't exactly have the impression they are high-quality files from the studio. Nice way of creating additional revenue I reckon. I must have contributed a penny or two when I listened to a few old tracks on there...

Doubtful it's about revenue tbh. Given than Lady Gaga got over 100 millions plays one year and made something like $6k for it, I doubt a ripped ASOT tune would make enough to buy a packet of crisps. Spotify's pay per stream for 2017 is $0.0038

I think what you experienced is probably more about people trying to promote their tracks and get their name out there. Swapped out tracks might be that artists didn't allow their content to be on spotify so the tracks were nixed in an effort to avoid a takedown request.

The ASOTs being uploaded to torrent sites were perfect quality, exactly edited and up within moments of the show going out, but again, in some instances there were questions about how they were uploaded before the show time. Not just that but there's a bigger copyright/usage issue relating to DJ sets on the whole (radio show or not) that's why I find the militant DCMA take downs for individual track content on ASOT content is a complete kick in the nuts.

i.e. It's only OK to share it if it benefits him and other people's material is jingle branded as ASOT content but you better not lift an individual track from it or even discuss in isolation or you'll get shut down.

Old Post Apr-16-2018 16:21 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > DMCA Takedown notices & Google
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSatoshi [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHardy Hard - "The Silversurfer 2003" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread