Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]

01. Nanoplex - Room 101 (James Monro Remix) [Iboga]
02. Denis A - Black Sun (Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z Remix) [Dar]
03. Habischman - Moan [Knee Deep In Sound]
04. Orsen - Cloudspotting [Sudbeat]
05. Pardon Moi - Power to the People (Damon Jee Remix) [Roam]
06. Andrea Giudice - Ki Ke (Habischman Remix) [NONSTOP]
07. Planisphere - Memento [Bonzai]
08. Montel - First Light [Bedrock]
09. Dusky - Bowed [17 Steps]
10. Kobana - Together (Nikko.Z Remix) [Proton]
11. Jackie Mayden - Raver Crystals (Kastis Torrau Remix) [90watts]
12. Guy J - Algorithm (Henry Saiz Remix) [Sudbeat]
13. Christian Smith - Traction (Paride Saraceni Remix) [Tronic]
14. D-Nox & Beckers - Forbidden History [Plattenbank]
15. Way Out West - Tuesday Maybe (Guy J Remix) [Anjunadeep]
16. Wally Lopez - Sphera (Steve Parry Remix) [Selador]

This was recorded live on new year's eve at a house party in Manchester. As it was NYE and something of a celebratory event, I basically decided to play a lot of my favourite tracks of 2017, along with a few relative oldies that I've pulled back into the box recently. For anyone who thinks modern progressive house is too floaty and pretty, I do hope you give this set a listen.

> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Rebel Alliance [Tech/Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Jan-13-2018 21:07  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Knowing more than half of the tracks here, should be a fun listen.

Kudos on the Orsen track, been a recent favorite as well.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel

Old Post Jan-14-2018 01:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yes, this is very much a "big tunes" set. Some of these, particularly First Light, Raver Crystals and Algorithm, are ones I've had for ages now but have only been playing to myself at home, so I just wanted to have fun throwing them into a set. Cloudpotting is an evil tune.

Old Post Jan-14-2018 01:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Definitely in on this one. Excited!

Old Post Jan-14-2018 02:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
Junior tranceaddict

Will be giving this one a listen at a suitable opportunity

Old Post Jan-17-2018 00:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deeve
tranceaddict

Ok tonight is the night Im finally gonna listen to this one mate. Keep in touch

Old Post Jan-21-2018 17:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Deeve Click here to Send Deeve a Private Message Visit Deeve's homepage! Add Deeve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'll be interested to know if you enjoy it. This is extremely peak time, and I know you are the dream-weaver supreme.

Old Post Jan-25-2018 21:46  England
Deeve
tranceaddict

Here we go with a quick Deeve review.

While, as the creator of this mix rightfully points out, Ive recently rather been into Melodic/Dreamy Deep House, you gotta keep in mind where I musically come from in the 90s/early 00s. Which is: Progressive House, the likes of Sasha, Digweed, Deep Dish, Howells, Warren, WoW, Cattaneo, Seaman, Pole Folder etc. You know what Im talking about.

Hence, I definitely appreciate progressive/peak time sets.

Listening to Welcome to the Future, I was first taken by surprise as the set really takes of at 100% instead of building things up. I acknowledged that and let myself drown into the beats. Then, I noticed that the first tracks dont only include the dreamy/deep bass sounds of progressive, but also some acid-ish elements - which makes the overall vibe even more peaktime-style. However, I kept on listening further and further as the driving progressive beats already had me. The thing is, the flaw- and seamless mixing made this the often-quoted journey you expect when listening to a DJ set. I listened to this set for the first time together with wifey in an evening/having a drink setting, and then during a home office day while working. While this set is certainly not intended for cozy home settings - it just worked both times. Great programming, flawless mixing, amazing journey. Only thing is that Id usually expect some kind of build up, be it 1-2 prog break tracks or simply the more moody side of progressive before bangin it out. But hey, it depends on the mood and on the type of set you wanna create, so thats fine.

To sum up, although I usually enjoy listening to slower Deep House sets these days - this was quite a journey, mood-wise taking me back to the early 00s ! Well done Jack. Keep em comin! Cheers mate.

Last edited by Deeve on Jan-27-2018 at 21:18

Old Post Jan-27-2018 20:55  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Deeve Click here to Send Deeve a Private Message Visit Deeve's homepage! Add Deeve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stealthman
Supreme tranceaddict

fantastic, nice to finally hear some prog with testicles.

Old-School Trance Appreciation Club

and may the PLUR be with you.

Last edited by stealthman on Feb-02-2018 at 12:01

Old Post Feb-02-2018 11:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for stealthman Click here to Send stealthman a Private Message Add stealthman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

I've listened to this several times now - it's definately amongst your finest mixes! It opens up with a nice tough track and having seen the tracklist prior to listening I was scratching my head thinking 'how are you going to get from this in to a floaty, dreamy number like Black Sun?'. I was really impressed by how smooth the transition was - I would never have thought to put them together but it works like a charm!

I think the run of tracks that follow this is my favourite section of the mix - I urgently crated tracks 3, 4 and 5, and can't wait to play them at my next gig. 'Moan' is a great mix of driving prog beats and handbag house vocals, without getting cheesey, and 'Power To The People' is a sheer genious mix of tough robotic house grooves and an old school trancy lead which had me grinning like an idiot when I first heard it!

The sounds and styles continue to vary nicely but maintaining a really solid flow which never faulters. Was nice to hear you use 'Momento' amongst artists, and that was followed by some more slamming techno tracks.

The mix takes a quick pause for breath with 'Raver Crystals' before slamming in one of the biggest tracks of the mix - the awesome Henry Saiz mix of Guy J - absolutely loved it!

I felt you dialled it down quite nicely after that to set yourself up for the grand finale in the shape of the dark, tribal banger, 'sphera' - a really strong end to a great set

So there you go - I couldn't find a fault with it (and I really do enjoy criticising your work too) ;-) Great job!

Old Post Feb-05-2018 21:17  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers guys, much appreciated. I might use "Prog with testicles" as my Soundcloud bio.

quote:
Originally posted by JonDC
(and I really do enjoy criticising your work too) ;-)

Haha. It's rare I get a fault-free Jon Cockle review, so I'll frame this one and hang it over my desk.

From memory, I was originally aiming to finish on Tuesday Maybe, but I'd opted not to play a couple of "maybe" tracks earlier in the set, and so I saw that I had about ten minutes left. Sphera is pretty much ten minutes long, so I went "Fuck it, I'll play that", and the rest is history!

Old Post Feb-07-2018 22:49  England
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Hey Jack, I apologize for the very late comment on this mix.

I gotta say, I must have listened to this at least 5 times at my house and a good 10 times at work. From when I downloaded it it was on repeat for a good week.

The transitions were solid, in-key and nothing that detracted from the overall feel of the mix at all. Highlight of the set for me was most definitely Way Out West - Tuesday Maybe (Guy J Remix) [Anjunadeep]... partly because I've also had that tune on repeat ever since it was released

My only complaint with this mix is that I did not feel the last track was warranted. Maybe it was me but I feel as though Tuesday Maybe was the right place to end it. That being said, I understand it was a live mix so it's all good. I probably wouldn't be able to resist playing more either

Old Post Feb-16-2018 03:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread