Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Strange... Tiesto plays Silence for the modern crowd but suddenly....
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

Strange... Tiesto plays Silence for the modern crowd but suddenly....

He's playing Silence but all of a sudden he changes the track half way through. The crowd looks confused, kind of like something they never heard before. Then Tijs goes on to say "This song is 11 minutes we got time don't worry!" but it cuts it off like 1 minute later. What do you think happened? Was he forced to change the track by his managers/promoters or something?

Old Post Jan-12-2018 04:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

I really don't think this crowd cares. I'm certain that he could play the whole smurfhits compilation in its entirity and still get the same response

Old Post Jan-15-2018 20:27  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
keithos27
Perfecto For Clubs

The track didn't fit his set/sound as of late... those teenagers are used to hearing 3 minute songs and he throws in a TiŽsto classic that is 11 minutes long and their attention spans drifted. He probably noticed the vibe shifted dramatically, added some sound effects to the track to make it "interesting" and then mixed into another "name brand" vocal to get their attention back?

SoundCloud Page

Old Post Apr-11-2018 14:35  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for keithos27 Click here to Send keithos27 a Private Message Visit keithos27's homepage! Add keithos27 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

lmao he telling them that it was adagio for string

Old Post Apr-12-2018 14:18  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RTP
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Strange... Tiesto plays Silence for the modern crowd but suddenly....

Thanks, now I need a new carpet. I just soiled it by vomiting violently on it.

But hey, look what I found today

He should have played this version in my opinion:

Anyway, to the topic: kids these days ... they apparently don't care. But what to care about when you get served commerical crap everyday everywhere all the time. It may be a little their fault, but certainly it's rather the fault of the artists - or maybe not even them, but the people that tell them what to do ... and the managers and promoters and advertisers and the other people who rake in the money. Investors. Shareholders...
And it's the fault of the poeple who watch and let this happen. Silently.

Old Post Apr-23-2018 22:25  Austria
Click Here to See the Profile for RTP Click here to Send RTP a Private Message Add RTP to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Senior tranceaddict

What the actual fuck... that's the same Andromeda who had a couple of albums out on Yellow Sunshine Explosion in the mid-noughties? Admittedly that wasn't quite the best psy trance out there but still... jeezo

Old Post Apr-23-2018 22:32  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Ugh, it's so funny to think that Tiesto made his name (and fortune) on a brand of trance that he can't even play these days to his current demographic without losing the crowd, then having to drop a coldplay remix then go in to ADHD EDM and apologize to the crowd.

Old Post Apr-24-2018 18:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kolakao
tranceaddict

there is only one explanation, cultural marxism. those kids soon will be adults and will be politicans, doctors etc. if they can concentrate only on 3 min track, how they will perform in their future occupations ??? Perfect society to manipulate.

Old Post Apr-26-2018 00:08  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kolakao Click here to Send kolakao a Private Message Add kolakao to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RTP
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
What the actual fuck... that's the same Andromeda who had a couple of albums out on Yellow Sunshine Explosion in the mid-noughties? Admittedly that wasn't quite the best psy trance out there but still... jeezo

Yes indeed, this is the same Andromeda

Old Post Apr-26-2018 23:56  Austria
Click Here to See the Profile for RTP Click here to Send RTP a Private Message Add RTP to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

Haha. I remember listening to this set at the gym and laughing out loud at Tijs saying the 11 minute thing. I probably listened to Silence 100 times when I was 17/18. As someone who puts out current music I understand why it doesn't fit. That was a classic, wonderful era of music (that I enjoyed 5 years after the fact) but the ethos and sound design was so different back then.

My Soundcloud

Old Post Apr-27-2018 06:04  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Senior tranceaddict

What's 'current music'?

Old Post Apr-27-2018 09:13  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
What's 'current music'?

Stuff like this:

My Soundcloud

Old Post Apr-28-2018 18:23  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Strange... Tiesto plays Silence for the modern crowd but suddenly....
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread