Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Story Behind.... & Musikunterricht mit Jens Lissat...
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

The Story Behind.... & Musikunterricht mit Jens Lissat...

Jens Lissat (Interactive in the 90's and made the classic trancer The Future) welcomes old DJ's/producers to talk about their past while they play vinyls they brought with them. Some cool, interesting and funny stories. Most however are in German expect the one with Steve Mason.

Here the one I watched first: Taucher
He's such a 'typ' (the German meaning )

Edit, I also found a nice YT channel of a Dutch guy talking to artist about one of their tracks or talking about certain tracks.
This is the channel of Musikxpress: Youtube channel Musikxpress

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Dec-25-2022 at 20:33

Old Post Jan-02-2018 20:38  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

This one with Steve Mason was in English:

Check his channel for more like DJ Dag, DJ Quicksilver, Jens Mahlstedt (Loops & Tings), Dr Motte and Tom Wax (that last one was really nice).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI...sable_polymer=1

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Jan-02-2018 at 20:56

Old Post Jan-02-2018 20:45  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks for being a sharebear. I'll check these out. BTW is that Jens, of "Loops and Tings" fame?

Taucher is a fucking legend. Water is probably in my top three of all time. Such a fucking choon.

Old Post Jan-05-2018 19:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
BTW is that Jens, of "Loops and Tings" fame?

No, that's Jens Mahlstedt, he got that question like a million times

There is also an interview with that Jens.

He already gave a spoiler, Jam El Mar (Rolf Elmer) is going to be the next guest.
Information and story wise the interview with Tom Wax (AWeX - It's our future, Microbots, DJ Tom & Norman) was great. For his first track the snare was recorded from hitting on a fuse box

And I found another video I need to share... think I'll need to search for an old thread first

Old Post Jan-05-2018 21:03  Netherlands
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Must be tough for Rolf, seeing as his production partner for the venture he's most famous for (Jam and Spoon) is dead. Though if even half the caner stories stories about mark spoon were true, I'm amazed he survived that long.

Old Post Jan-07-2018 20:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Yeah, that must have been really touch for him.
I think it even forced Rolf to start DJ-ing, as he didn't have any interest to DJ at all, he was the guy in the studio.

Last edited by Trance-M on Feb-11-2018 at 19:01

Old Post Jan-14-2018 19:59  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Someone posted this at Jens's page, it shows young Rolf in 1994 (and also DJ Westbam and producers Michael Münzing and Luca Anzilotti of Snap!). What's kind of funny is that he says:"The connection is the bass drum."
I just heard the preview of his new tracks yesterday and guess what I love most about My Bluntness:

https://www.beatport.com/release/my...ness-ep/2190650

Old Post Jan-14-2018 20:12  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

This concept Jens thought of actually is pretty amazing. Not only it's a nice time machine but the background information really adds a lot.

Here with Ramon Zenker, member of Hardfloor, Fragma, Interactive, Paffendorf, Phenomania, Mega 'Lo Mania and Perplexer (and a bunch more).

Together Ramon and Jens owned NO Respect Records.

@26 minutes, Paul van Dyk remix with vocals and laugh of Paul's girlfriend at the time. 90's were very professional...

@41 minutes "Obsessive - Tune in Turn out" entirely was made with a Commodore Amiga Great track too.

LOL @51 minutes. He got a tape from Nils Ruzicka and loved the fifth track, which was The Finest. But there only should have been four tracks on the tape Nils said. So that how's Mega 'Lo Mania got their first release

When you watch some of those video's you maybe like me get the impression they were messing around a lot in the 90's and often the best tracks were made in just a couple of hours.
I'm not totally convinced producing tracks in the 90's was given far more attention compared to nowadays.

Regarding Jens Lissat, this is a cool video from 1993!!, Der Jens really liked to talk a lot already in the early 90's. Funny how he got from Hamburg to the south (actually the middle of Germany). He earned 500 Deutsch Marks for each evening playing in a club, which wasn't to bad at the time. Then someone asked him to come over and play, but Jens didn't really want to leave Hamburg, so he said for the in his view ridiculous amount of 1500 DM he would do it. And then to his surprise he said OKAY

Homestory Jens Lissat 1993

Old Post Jan-27-2018 16:32  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Next visitor: Kai Tracid Part1 (His first two tracks 150 bpm!)

Cool story @ 37minutes.
Probably Tom Novy, was tired at an event and asked Kai for something to help. Kai said he should go to the hotel. But Novy wanted drugs or something, so he told others Kai is a nice guy but such a Warmduscher (sissy, someone who only takes how showers). Afterwards Kai heard this and thought "I'll show you a Warmduscher". So he made Warmduscher - Auf Die Fresse (In your face).
Kai actually was Warmduscher, but like Discogs shows they decided to say it's Thilo Markwort.

Kai still owns ten 303's

Last edited by Trance-M on Apr-07-2018 at 19:28

Old Post Feb-25-2018 18:38  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Very nice episode with Tocadisco (of course in German again). I must say, although he only lives an hour away in Germany (both actually do) I never heard of him before as I'm not really following all genres.

I think his recent Techno tracks especially Percolate are pretty awesome, should sound great in a club I think:

Old Post May-11-2018 20:53  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Some very nice interviews here at Muzikxpress:

Old Post Aug-07-2018 19:56  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Maxi Jazz:

Edit: says there will be a new Faithless album.

Last edited by Trance-M on Aug-20-2018 at 10:35

Old Post Aug-19-2018 19:03  Netherlands

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Story Behind.... & Musikunterricht mit Jens Lissat...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread