Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Vince Watson & Kirk Degiorgio - Rise EP
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Vince Watson & Kirk Degiorgio - Rise EP

A late contender for release of the year. There are few things finer in dance music than Detroit techno producers deciding to bust out the arpeggios and turn their hand to making covert trance, and Watson and Degiorgio are two of the best in the business.

Really strong remix package with the likes of Voiski and Lake People turning in good interpretations, and the B side is nothing to sniff at, but it's all about the title track:

http://classic.beatport.com/release/rise-ep/2168348

> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Rebel Alliance [Tech/Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Dec-20-2017 13:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Just posted the Variable Slope (Voiski Remix) in tune of the day thread. Im liking the whole release as well.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel

Old Post Dec-20-2017 17:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I prefer Variable Slope. Reminds me a bit of this classic:

Old Post Dec-20-2017 17:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm with Syntonic - definitely the Voiski remix of Variable Slope for me. I love those super-fat kick drums he crafts. Rise is definitely one for the back end of my sets, though.

The strangest thing about the whole release is that it's out on Suara - not exactly a haven for high quality techno.

Old Post Dec-20-2017 18:58  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

On a very similar tip, did anyone else catch Speaker Freaker by Watson on Cocoon last year? Techno doesn't get much trancier than this:

Old Post Dec-20-2017 19:04  England
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
The strangest thing about the whole release is that it's out on Suara - not exactly a haven for high quality techno.

Watson has been been flirting with the bigoom tech house scene for years. He's played Ibiza a lot. This stuff is decent enough but I think they've both done better. A lot of the ART stuff from 2009-2012 has held up really well IMO.

Old Post Dec-20-2017 21:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

It seems like that label is going more techno in general, the last release has a Setaoc Mass remix. He mostly does well produced but generic modern techno but I just remembered he's done some quite nice more trance-y stuff.

Old Post Dec-20-2017 21:13 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Much as I like stuff like Promenade Eleven, that kind of very opulent, high-tempo Detroit stuff has been done to absolute death, and it's not particularly playable. This EP may feel a bit more conventional and clubby, but I like the genre-blurring element, the way you can imagine it in a number of different sets, rather than just a 100% pure Detroit set.

Old Post Dec-20-2017 21:41  England
Kuhis
Senior tranceaddict

Did anybody catch the Icon & Kao-Tic Harmony remixes Vince did for Derrick May earlier this year? There seemed to be a bit of the obvious hate towards the tracks since these are supposed to be the "untouchable classix" but personally I really enjoyed the remixes.

Old Post Dec-21-2017 12:06  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Kuhis Click here to Send Kuhis a Private Message Add Kuhis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stealthman
Supreme tranceaddict

Speaking of Kirk Degiorgio, I came across this beauty only last month.

Old-School Trance Appreciation Club

and may the PLUR be with you.

Old Post Jan-06-2018 15:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for stealthman Click here to Send stealthman a Private Message Add stealthman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

Amazing stuff. Just now catching up on the new stuff from this year and as always the members here usually have the best tastes imo.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Jan-30-2018 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Vince Watson & Kirk Degiorgio - Rise EP
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread