Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles

This Track - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7GfiGT2m2Y

I have went through every trance and goa record in the year 1999 that I did not recognize.

I also then added every unknown artist or white label with no info in the trance and goa genres I did not recognise

This has brought me to this list of 130 - https://www.discogs.com/lists/Rojam-ID/367219

I would appreciate any help in eliminating any of the tracks on this list (including mixes and B sides).

I'm basing this list on a comment on youtube where someone who claimed to know the name of this track said they had found it on discogs and were waiting for a copy to appear to buy.

Old Post Oct-31-2017 16:42  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
This Track - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7GfiGT2m2Y

I have went through every trance and goa record in the year 1999 that I did not recognize.

Christ

Old Post Oct-31-2017 19:31  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

Just let it go..

Old Post Oct-31-2017 19:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Darude - Fly

(~)

Old Post Nov-01-2017 01:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

The funniest thing about obsessing over these ancient ID's is how the DJ's themselves never seem to give a shit. If I played something amazing I'd certainly keep my hands on it, or at least make a point to sift it out of the clutter years later. But no matter how much you fawn over how amazing a piece of music is in your love letter asking for an ID, you rarely get more of a response than 'dont remeber sry', if you even get one at all.

DJ's are some cold blooded muhfuggaz.

Old Post Nov-01-2017 02:27  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vampirul_18
tranceaddict

Let's say that they don't remember... do you really think that somebody like Oakenfold personally will go trough hundreds/thousands of white labels to find your "ID" ? Assuming that they still own that vinyls after almost 20 years ?

GENUINE. UNIQUE. VARIETY.

Now everything sounds so half assed and follows a certain formula...feels like you're listening to the same track over and over.

Old Post Nov-01-2017 12:21  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for vampirul_18 Click here to Send vampirul_18 a Private Message Visit vampirul_18's homepage! Add vampirul_18 to your buddy list vampirul_18 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by vampirul_18
Let's say that they don't remember... do you really think that somebody like Oakenfold personally will go trough hundreds/thousands of white labels to find your "ID" ? Assuming that they still own that vinyls after almost 20 years ?

Of course not. And I'm not saying that.

I'm saying you get the impression that DJ's often don't really care one way or the other should they came across something that listeners, on the other hand, will go to great lengths in order to find (like by going through every goa track they don't recognize in the year of 1999). They're up to their elbows in new music each week, so I get why a lone white label from 1999 doesn't stand out as important to them, but it doesn't make the contrast any less amusing to me.

Sometimes it's even the artist. I remember trawling like mad to dig up a copy of a remix Andy Moor and Mick Park did of Garbage- Stupid Girl back in 2004. It was pressed to only a few copies and given out to a handful of DJ's (like to Oakenfold, from whom I ironically heard it). I got in touch with both of them, and Moor just kind of passively remarked he may have a copy hiding somewhere in storage, and Park just told me to check with Moor. There I was, thinking it was the greatest breaks record I ever heard that I refused to give up on finding, and meanwhile the guys who made the thing couldn't seem to care less that it was apparently lost for good.

And then sometimes it works the other way around. I once had an artist contact *me* through Soundcloud asking for a copy of a bootleg remix he did of Pete Lazonby's 'Sacred Cycles,' as he lost his original and all the project files, and saw that my mix was one of the only places to find it. I dragged my feet on getting back to him, but he was insistent as any other ID hunting fan on ensuring I got around to it.

So yeah, different records mean different things to different people, and their importance is obviously built around the other priorities they have in life.

Old Post Nov-01-2017 14:14  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Of course not. And I'm not saying that.

I'm saying you get the impression that DJ's often don't really care one way or the other should they came across something that listeners, on the other hand, will go to great lengths in order to find (like by going through every goa track they don't recognize in the year of 1999). They're up to their elbows in new music each week, so I get why a lone white label from 1999 doesn't stand out as important to them, but it doesn't make the contrast any less amusing to me.

Sometimes it's even the artist. I remember trawling like mad to dig up a copy of a remix Andy Moor and Mick Park did of Garbage- Stupid Girl back in 2004. It was pressed to only a few copies and given out to a handful of DJ's (like to Oakenfold, from whom I ironically heard it). I got in touch with both of them, and Moor just kind of passively remarked he may have a copy hiding somewhere in storage, and Park just told me to check with Moor. There I was, thinking it was the greatest breaks record I ever heard that I refused to give up on finding, and meanwhile the guys who made the thing couldn't seem to care less that it was apparently lost for good.

And then sometimes it works the other way around. I once had an artist contact *me* through Soundcloud asking for a copy of a bootleg remix he did of Pete Lazonby's 'Sacred Cycles,' as he lost his original and all the project files, and saw that my mix was one of the only places to find it. I dragged my feet on getting back to him, but he was insistent as any other ID hunting fan on ensuring I got around to it.

So yeah, different records mean different things to different people, and their importance is obviously built around the other priorities they have in life.

I concur totally I personally can remember every groove of every vinyl I have but yeah it seems to me most people in the privileged position of getting these sent for free, often months ahead of anyone else just couldn't care less

Oh well

Down to 126 now

Can everyone please look at the list and if there are any names you recognize that you are certain are not the below ID please tell me so I can remove them.

LISt - https://www.discogs.com/lists/Rojam-ID/367219

The ID is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7GfiGT2m2Y

Old Post Nov-01-2017 14:32  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vampirul_18
tranceaddict

@the-sixth: have you tried to get a response from DragonsEmerald ?

http://avb.tranceaddict.com/forum/s...28#.Wfn7IGi0PIW

don't know if the guy was trolling or not back then, but it's worth a shot...

GENUINE. UNIQUE. VARIETY.

Now everything sounds so half assed and follows a certain formula...feels like you're listening to the same track over and over.

Old Post Nov-01-2017 16:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for vampirul_18 Click here to Send vampirul_18 a Private Message Visit vampirul_18's homepage! Add vampirul_18 to your buddy list vampirul_18 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by vampirul_18
@the-sixth: have you tried to get a response from DragonsEmerald ?

http://avb.tranceaddict.com/forum/s...28#.Wfn7IGi0PIW

don't know if the guy was trolling or not back then, but it's worth a shot...

I think this might be the same guy who claimed it was actually on discogs but wouldn't give the name out so he could buy a copy if it ever became for sale.

This is the entire basis for compiling my list on discogs, I have narrowed it down from over 7000 vinyls to 126 left to check.

I just spent 20 euros on an untitled MFS white label so who knows if not then the list goes to 125.

Old Post Nov-01-2017 17:11  United Kingdom
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

How do you know this ever even made it to a record?

Afraid to Dream EP [Electronic Tree]

Old Post Nov-01-2017 17:35  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
How do you know this ever even made it to a record?

How else would Oaky have played it in '99? There has to be a few dubplates out there.

But I doubt a dubplate like this will actually find it's way on Discogs (as in, a copy for sale). All the copies in existence probably lie forgotten in a pile among thousands of other records. Real dubplates (ie. probably less than 10-20 copies) almost never end up for sale in discogs.

Old Post Nov-01-2017 18:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread