Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

so as to keep the thread on topic:

Enuma Elish

Old Post Aug-28-2004 09:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

quote:
Originally posted by Trancer-X
so as to keep the thread on topic:

Enuma Elish

I'm assuming that noone on this board has any idea as to what this is about...

I'm not surprised that people from the Bible-belt don't know (or don't want to know), but for those that are interested in spirituality, consciousness exploration, or just the written history of our civilized world, this is a must read.

http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/re...numa-elish.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/chad/

http://www.crosscircle.com/CH_1c.htm

Old Post Sep-03-2004 20:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DR86
I <3 GW Basketball

Currently reading "hegemony or survival" by Noam Chomsky

It has to start somewhere,
It has to start sometime,
What better place then here?
What better time than now?

--Rage Against the Machine

Old Post Sep-03-2004 20:53  Lebanon
Click Here to See the Profile for DR86 Click here to Send DR86 a Private Message Add DR86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
discojoe
GO SENS

quote:
Originally posted by DR86
Currently reading "hegemony or survival" by Noam Chomsky

ya me too.. dont like it though. i hate his style. too preachy. doesnt let the reader draw conclusions, he just hammers his own over and over.

http://www.septembereleventh.org/

9/11 Visibility Project
in support for the 9-11 families struggle for truth

Old Post Sep-03-2004 21:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for discojoe Click here to Send discojoe a Private Message Add discojoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seventil
Supreme tranceaddict

The Question of God by Dr. Armand Nicholi - a great non-biased book on the lives of Sigmund Frued and C.S. Lewis, discussing religion, sexual views and thoughts of love and life.

Old Post Sep-03-2004 22:44  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Seventil Click here to Send Seventil a Private Message Visit Seventil's homepage! Add Seventil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seventil
Supreme tranceaddict

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. A must read for anyone that likes science.

Old Post Oct-15-2004 14:05  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Seventil Click here to Send Seventil a Private Message Visit Seventil's homepage! Add Seventil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
squirrelly
The Phun Nun

quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Dank-Poo

PS... btw anuneventrade how is the book:
"The Best War Ever" - Michael C.C. Adams

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you, but the novel is simply brilliant. Adams perspectives bring a jolting chill to what most believe happened. I'm simply in love with the book, I read it very often.

Old Post Nov-03-2004 17:44  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for squirrelly Click here to Send squirrelly a Private Message Add squirrelly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
George Smiley
Supreme tranceaddict

Jason Burke's book...Al-Qaeda: The True Story of Radical Islam...is supposedly THE bible of al-Qaida and the war on terror. I recommend this excellent book to everyone interested in the war on terror. Burke identifies three phases of al-Qaida, and we are now in the third evolutionary phase after Afghanistan - where al-Qaida is no longer a terrorist group, but an ideology...

"You are a member of al-Qaida if you say you are"

Old Post Nov-25-2004 17:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for George Smiley Click here to Send George Smiley a Private Message Add George Smiley to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desty Nova
psytrance addict

Exclamation

Comrades! Let our Agrarian Utopia be watered with the bourgeoisie's filthy pigdog blood! lol

Old Post Dec-13-2004 06:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Desty Nova Click Here to Email Desty Nova Click here to Send Desty Nova a Private Message Add Desty Nova to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

The Mystery of Banking by Murray N. Rothbard

occrider needs to read this one

Old Post Dec-21-2004 09:26  United States
Regbar
Junior tranceaddict

Re: Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..

quote:
Originally posted by TranceGiant
Sorry for the Ali G. accent.

Anyway, inspired by Nadi's desire for good Nietzsche stuff I had the idea of opening a thread where all of you Intellectuals could share and reommend books which you consider special and unique, books that have had a great impact on you and that helped shaping certain attitudes of yours and your world view in general.
So.....what are in your opnion must-reads in the fields of politics, economy, arts and culture, philosopy etc....You can name novels, too!

Hello!

Without any hesitation, THE best book I have ever read is Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson by George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff, a mystical man. This a unique book about philosophy, esotericism and religion.

His task is "to destroy, mercilessly and without any compromise whatever, in the mentation and feelings of the reader, the beliefs and views, by centuries rooted in him, about everything existing in the world".
[...]
"And so, cheerful and swaggering candidate for a buyer of my "wiseacrings," having warned you that I am going to write not as professional writers usually do but quite otherwise, I advise you to reflect seriously before you embark on reading my further expositions, and only then to undertake it.
Otherwise, I am afraid that your hearing and other perceptive as well as digestive organs may be so thoroughly automatized to the "literary language of the intelligentsia" prevailing at the present time on Earth that these writings of mine might affect you very, very cacophonously, and thereby you might lose . . . do you know what? . . . your appetite for your favorite dish, and that special psychic feature of yours which particularly "titillates your vitals" on catching sight of your neighbor, the brunette.

That my language, or rather the form of my mentation, can produce such an effect I am, thanks to repeated past experiences, as much convinced with my whole being as a "thoroughbred donkey" is convinced of the rightness and justice of his obstinacy".

Having read the book five times, I think he is right.

Old Post Jan-03-2005 09:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Regbar Click here to Send Regbar a Private Message Add Regbar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xristos
tranceaddict in training

Re: Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..

Anyone ever read Behold A Pale Horse? Was recommended by a friend but find its hard to find.

Old Post Jan-11-2005 05:35  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for xristos Click here to Send xristos a Private Message Add xristos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread