Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Documentary about the 808
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TigerClaw
GDJB Staff

Documentary about the 808

There's a Documentary that's coming out, That's all about the 808 Drum Machine, This device pretty much change the world of Dance Music forever. It's called 808: The Movie, Check out the trailer.
http://808themovie.com/

MarkusSchulz.com Party107.com 160k 32k

Old Post Oct-17-2014 01:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TigerClaw Click here to Send TigerClaw a Private Message Add TigerClaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

thought you was dead. checking it out, thanks.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Oct-17-2014 01:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Godking5
Supreme tranceaddict

This looks interesting. Much better than the lame Swedish house mafia documentary that is getting all the hype

Old Post Oct-17-2014 03:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Godking5 Click here to Send Godking5 a Private Message Add Godking5 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
soulstar606
Supreme tranceaddict

808 is good....im liking my 606s right now though alot more.

Old Post Oct-17-2014 04:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for soulstar606 Click here to Send soulstar606 a Private Message Add soulstar606 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Yeah. I got the TR-8, which isn't too bad, but the sound doesn't compare with the original 909, despite people claiming the contrary. Roland should have just made some spankin' new analog machines or reissue the old ones, if possible.

quote:
Originally posted by inversoundzzz
808 is good....im liking my 606s right now though alot more.

I love the 606. It's relatively inexpensive and goes well either by itself or with another drum machine.

They're all good, really, though I think for techno a 909 might suit one better.

Old Post Oct-17-2014 04:22  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
soulstar606
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
Yeah. I got the TR-8, which isn't too bad, but the sound doesn't compare with the original 909, despite people claiming the contrary. Roland should have just made some spankin' new analog machines or reissue the old ones, if possible.

I love the 606. It's relatively inexpensive and goes well either by itself or with another drum machine.

They're all good, really, though I think for techno a 909 might suit one better.

i'm workin on a techno track right now....the kick is 606...and the bassline is made of 707/909 toms.

Old Post Oct-17-2014 09:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for soulstar606 Click here to Send soulstar606 a Private Message Add soulstar606 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
isamu
tranceaddict in training

Thank you very much for the heads up on this. I would have straight missed this news had I not check these forums!

Old Post Oct-20-2014 12:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for isamu Click here to Send isamu a Private Message Add isamu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
senile

Any good 303 docu's?

Old Post Oct-20-2014 17:42  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
isamu
tranceaddict in training

This finally came out but is only available on Amazon Video and Apple Itunes. Too bad because I wanted a YT or Bluray version.

Old Post Nov-21-2017 21:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for isamu Click here to Send isamu a Private Message Add isamu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

You really need blue ray quality for a documentary about drum machines? I doubt much of the cinematography will suffer by being just 1080p.

Old Post Nov-22-2017 23:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list DJ RANN is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
refuge
Acid addict

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred

I love the 606. It's relatively inexpensive and goes well either by itself or with another drum machine. They're all good, really, though I think for techno a 909 might suit one better.

For the price point, you really can't go wrong with the TR-8 - $500 to have all 808, 909, and $110 for the 7x7-TR8 Upgrade to get 606, 707, 727 sounds in one machine. With proper tuning I think it sounds pretty damn close, and to most there wouldn't be a noticeable difference. But of course, the original units have a certain warmth that can't be duplicated verbatim, even with Roland claiming it has the same analog circuit behavior. Even the new Boutique TR-08 & TR-09 don't sound as warm as the original units. I actually think the 808 & 909 sounds on the TR-8 sound closer to the original units than the Boutique series.

Last edited by refuge on Dec-06-2017 at 23:00

Old Post Dec-06-2017 22:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for refuge Click here to Send refuge a Private Message Visit refuge's homepage! Add refuge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Documentary about the 808
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread