Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Eric Prydz in Tallahassee
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ccastro86
Senior tranceaddict

How has no one jumped on this yet?!?!? I would create an event page but I have proved time and time again than I am a retard at creating them.

Anyway, Eric Prydz is playing a club set in Tallahassee of all places on Aug 5th. I am so pissed. I was excited about making the 2.5 hour drive over from Jax but then I realized I will be on the road coming back from a wedding in Ohio.

I can't believe how big the scene in Tally has grown. Even with how popular EDM is in Tally, I just dont think this would do well there. Tally tends to like the poppier, electro house, trouse sound. I dont know how many people there have actually head of Prydz. Anyway old enough to remember his most mainstream track "call on me" is long gone from that city. It will be very interesting to see how this goes.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 10:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ccastro86 Click here to Send ccastro86 a Private Message Add ccastro86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

wow. why couldnt this kinda stuff have been around when i was up there?

very happy for tally though. thats fucking awesome.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 14:31  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ccastro86
Senior tranceaddict

my thoughts exactly. I really wish the scene was like this when I was there. Don't know when you were up there but my last year I started seeing glimpses of events like this but only local guys. Now things have blown up. tiesto, avicii, aoki, benassi, angello and countless others have gone to tally. Many appear there regularly now. This booking is taking it to the next level though. I think it will truly test the scene up in Tally and determine whether it is there to stay or whether it will fall when the bubble bursts. If this goes well, I am curious what other risks promoters will take in Tally.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 17:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ccastro86 Click here to Send ccastro86 a Private Message Add ccastro86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Evidentally he's doing a club gig in Miami too.

I'm holding out hope that he'll do something after Identity in Tampa.

And I think the club set in Tally will go over pretty well, or the entire Identity tour might as well be a failure, since he's headlining the entire thing. I'll make this prediction: Prydz will become as big as Benassi, Afrojack, etc. among the festival demographic (college/high school kids who think EDM is cool). His sound, though it's not electro, is very accessible to those new to the scene. His production value on his shows is through the roof, and he knows how to kill it in a festival setting.

He really makes all these other electro and progressive DJs look like child's play. People will take notice, I think.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 18:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list ucforange is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

my years involved trips to jax for g&d, orlando for sander k, atlanta for j00f, etc etc. the only "show" i ever got to see in tally was ak1200.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 18:58  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zewad
This is my custom status.

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
atlanta for j00f

friday, february 21, 2003

Old Post Jul-07-2012 04:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zewad Click Here to Email Zewad Click here to Send Zewad a Private Message Add Zewad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
maddhatterradio
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
my years involved trips to jax for g&d, orlando for sander k, atlanta for j00f, etc etc. the only "show" i ever got to see in tally was ak1200.

ATL for JOOF!

*a MaddHatter Production*

Old Post Jul-08-2012 03:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for maddhatterradio Click Here to Email maddhatterradio Click here to Send maddhatterradio a Private Message Add maddhatterradio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
maddhatterradio
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zewad
friday, february 21, 2003

Our very first party in Atlanta.

Oh the memories...

Old Post Jul-08-2012 03:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for maddhatterradio Click Here to Email maddhatterradio Click here to Send maddhatterradio a Private Message Add maddhatterradio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

The new pryda album is dope.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jul-08-2012 15:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by maddhatterradio
Our very first party in Atlanta.

Oh the memories...

j00f is doing a party up here in NYC in september. come on by

Old Post Jul-08-2012 17:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

This joof set is off the hook.

Old Post Jul-08-2012 17:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Re: Eric Prydz in Tallahassee

quote:
Originally posted by ccastro86
I would create an event page but I have proved time and time again than I am a retard at creating them.

Its all good bro, have a blast.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 14:46  United States

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Eric Prydz in Tallahassee
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread