Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Do you miss 90's eurodance?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Matt4587
tranceaddict in training

Do you miss 90's eurodance?

If it wasn't for growing up listening to acts like Capital Sound, Culture Beat, Real McCoy, YBZ, etc, I would of never gotten into trance music after Euro died.

Power 88.5, Hot 103.5, and Energy 108 use to play tones of great dance music in the back in the mid 90's.

Toronto use to have a rich history in Eurodance.

My question is, do you think Eurodance should come back in one form or another or do you think it should be left in the coffin?

Post some comments.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 02:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Matt4587 Click here to Send Matt4587 a Private Message Add Matt4587 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mdm8
year-round santa

it should be left in the coffin, but its good to dig up oldies once in a while - a good track is a good track. i think in the next few years you'll see the similar sounds and track structures return with a more modern tech-y twist....just my guess.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 02:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for mdm8 Click here to Send mdm8 a Private Message Add mdm8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

i love wayback playbacks on wednesdays. i grew up with euro and freestyle so i still appreciate it but dont listen to it on a regular basis.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 02:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click Here to Email chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Matt4587
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon
i love wayback playbacks on wednesdays. i grew up with euro and freestyle so i still appreciate it but dont listen to it on a regular basis.

I'm pumping this in my headphones right now. IDK, I think they should produce new Euro, even if they had to modify it to make it amazing.
They had some new acts like Cascada, but it was very cheesy.

O yeah here's some freestyle.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 02:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Matt4587 Click here to Send Matt4587 a Private Message Add Matt4587 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

masterboy was great as well.
and E-rotic

but one of my all-time favourites is still....

another really good track by first base but was not very well known is Heavenly... i remember blasting this on the wasaga strip and people asking me what it was called because they had never heard it before

Old Post Jun-09-2012 03:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click Here to Email chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Eurodance is awesome. I swear at least once a month I get drunk and end up taking a Youtube trip down memory lane, at very high volumes

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Jun-09-2012 03:07  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by Matt4587
O yeah here's some freestyle.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 03:19 
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Eurodance is awesome. I swear at least once a month I get drunk and end up taking a Youtube trip down memory lane, at very high volumes

where can i buy freestyle mp3s? i wanna put some on my USB drive in my car. at least 192kbps though...

Old Post Jun-09-2012 03:21 
Matt4587
tranceaddict in training

Forget 192 kbs. Go with 320.

Just download "soulseek".

It's the best for finding EDM. Better then any P2P I have ever seen in my life.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 03:29  Canada
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by Matt4587
Forget 192 kbs. Go with 320.

Just download "soulseek".

It's the best for finding EDM. Better then any P2P I have ever seen in my life.

soulseek is still around? lol
i dont trust p2p. i remember so many viruses going around back in the day embedded in music files.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 03:31 
robez45
tranceaddict

No offence, but you sound like an amateur.

The virus were on limewire. Usually mp3's without the "-" hyphen in the track name.

I've never come across a virus downloading an mp3 on soulseek. I use it because it's easy to find 320 kbps, and tones of remixes.

I also can download individual folders from other users.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 05:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for robez45 Click here to Send robez45 a Private Message Add robez45 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nrg2Nfinit
ItaloDiscoAddict

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon

freestyle

Old Post Jun-09-2012 05:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nrg2Nfinit Click here to Send Nrg2Nfinit a Private Message Add Nrg2Nfinit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Do you miss 90's eurodance?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread