Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Mark Farina gets the boot at Marquee b/c of table service crowd complaints
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Durrrtysouth
Supreme tranceaddict

Vegas clubs pay good money for DJ's but they are also not just throwing money around to anyone, therefor whomever did the Mark Farina booking is not in good standing with their bosses. The bad thing is you won't see anyone like Farina booked there again. At the end of the day the clubs like Marquee are a very demanding booking. You best prepare for a gig like that and not just roll up with the same pre-programmed set you have been playing at all of your gigs. You have to be flexible and bring it, or you will not be brought back.

The club is taking all the heat in this conversation, but Farina should have known what he was getting himself into, but I am sure he did not care and went for the money. Then acts like a spoiled child who did not get to play. He got his money, and the irony is he probably spent it all at a nice restaurant with bottle service where he bossed the waiters around.

Old Post Jun-05-2012 11:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Durrrtysouth Click here to Send Durrrtysouth a Private Message Add Durrrtysouth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stassi

quote:
Originally posted by Durrrtysouth

He got his money, and the irony is he probably spent it all at a nice restaurant with bottle service where he bossed the waiters around.

what kind of bullshit assumption is that?

Old Post Jun-05-2012 11:53  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Stassi Click Here to Email Stassi Click here to Send Stassi a Private Message Visit Stassi's homepage! Add Stassi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
civicstyle
everybody wants you...

I'm on the guestlist for the A&B pool party on Friday. Do you think I will have trouble gaining entry if I walk up solo?

Last edited by civicstyle on Jun-05-2012 at 23:09

Old Post Jun-05-2012 13:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for civicstyle Click here to Send civicstyle a Private Message Add civicstyle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sflover
tranceaddict in training

quote:
The club is taking all the heat in this conversation, but Farina should have known what he was getting himself into, but I am sure he did not care and went for the money. Then acts like a spoiled child who did not get to play. He got his money, and the irony is he probably spent it all at a nice restaurant with bottle service where he bossed the waiters around.

But, it is the club's fault. Farina was hired to provide his services which he accepted on the premise that Marquee knew what they were paying for. Farina never went on, so in no way is this a reflection on him. One can assume that Migs' sounds were far to housey which caused the complaints that led to Marquee not even wanting to bother with letting him on.

Bottom line: Marquee flat-out disrespected a true house legend and I hope all house heads that are making threats to boycott Marquee stay true to their word.

BTW, I have had the pleasure of hanging out with Farina on a few occasions and he is far from "spoiled" or pretentious for that matter. I know for a fact that he A-lined it to the airport following Marquee... with his money in hand.

Old Post Jun-05-2012 14:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sflover Click here to Send sflover a Private Message Add sflover to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darthseph
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sflover
Bottom line: Marquee flat-out disrespected a true house legend and I hope all house heads that are making threats to boycott Marquee stay true to their word.

My plan stands - I will be there for the first and last time for Danny T because I have respect for the show that promoter put together (I'll be damned if I thought Marquee even cared for the Victor / Nicole / Danny show).

There are plenty of other places to go in Vegas - even if its just gambling - I'd rather than put up with a club that can't stand by its decisions, promoters, and contracts. It's not like it was even a holiday weekend (which I could explain as the club pushes hard for the most money it can make).

Also, and this is the most BS part of it to me, while I get catering to your bottom line, the people there had ALREADY paid for their table. It's not like they should get a refund because they didn't like one day / night at a venue. The whole thing is just horrible business and a blight on what was turning into a jewel in the US club market for international clubbing (from a marketing perspective).

"Be the Change you want" - Gandhi

MyStro Productions Founder
solarSwarm Records Founding member, Admin, & A&R
'smü[th] Music Affiliate A&R

Old Post Jun-05-2012 22:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for darthseph Click here to Send darthseph a Private Message Add darthseph to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rowdy
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Vegas clubs pay good money for DJ's but they are also not just throwing money around to anyone, therefor whomever did the Mark Farina booking is not in good standing with their bosses. The bad thing is you won't see anyone like Farina booked there again. At the end of the day the clubs like Marquee are a very demanding booking. You best prepare for a gig like that and not just roll up with the same pre-programmed set you have been playing at all of your gigs. You have to be flexible and bring it, or you will not be brought back.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

Mark played there last year with doc martin and miguel migs! The party rocked and everyone was having a good time... you want to talk about pre programmed garbage sets? That is all those cookie cutter shit tastic djs that marquee books do... all they play is beatport top 40 "progressive house" and electro house...

Thats like booking carl craig and expecting him to drop a fucking dubstep set -.-

Old Post Jun-05-2012 22:55  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for rowdy Click here to Send rowdy a Private Message Add rowdy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by civicstyle
I'm on the guestlist for the A&B pool party on Friday. Do you think I will have trouble gaining entry if I walk up solo?

UNLESS you're on the guestlist of one of the resident dj's, then i'm sure that dj has already told you which bouncer to seek out for the comp entry and you're set.

if you're on A &B's gl then
YES, the bouncers will tell you 1:1
have a girl buy you a drink or two in exchange for getting her in for free. that's the least she can do for you.

Old Post Jun-05-2012 23:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sflover
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by darthseph
My plan stands - I will be there for the first and last time for Danny T because I have respect for the show that promoter put together (I'll be damned if I thought Marquee even cared for the Victor / Nicole / Danny show).

There are plenty of other places to go in Vegas - even if its just gambling - I'd rather than put up with a club that can't stand by its decisions, promoters, and contracts. It's not like it was even a holiday weekend (which I could explain as the club pushes hard for the most money it can make).

Also, and this is the most BS part of it to me, while I get catering to your bottom line, the people there had ALREADY paid for their table. It's not like they should get a refund because they didn't like one day / night at a venue. The whole thing is just horrible business and a blight on what was turning into a jewel in the US club market for international clubbing (from a marketing perspective).

I agree with you 100% on your statement. I am so over Las Vegas. The only thing that appeals to me is the 24-hour public intoxication option; as far as I am concerned I am over their "club scene."

Old Post Jun-06-2012 00:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sflover Click here to Send sflover a Private Message Add sflover to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
Old World Fart

quote:

What the hell are you talking about? What about the people who went to Vegas to see Farina? Drove/flew, booked rooms, bought tickets etc, only to have Marquee cave in to some self absorbed table service douchebag who was stupid enough to get a table at the wrong event. You state Farina acts like a spoiled child but are the people who went to see Farina acting like spoiled children? No. The only people acting like the spoiled children that they are were the table service crowd and shame on Marquee for putting them above everyone else.

Been saying it for a while. Fuck Vegas. The only worthwhile clubs are the afterhour joints off the strip. Vegas the next Ibiza? What a joke.

Old Post Jun-06-2012 00:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
civicstyle
everybody wants you...

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf
UNLESS you're on the guestlist of one of the resident dj's, then i'm sure that dj has already told you which bouncer to seek out for the comp entry and you're set.

if you're on A &B's gl then
YES, the bouncers will tell you 1:1
have a girl buy you a drink or two in exchange for getting her in for free. that's the least she can do for you.

Yea on A&B's guestlist but think it is just me and no +1...

Old Post Jun-06-2012 01:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for civicstyle Click here to Send civicstyle a Private Message Add civicstyle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SillySilvia
Supreme tranceaddict

wouldnt it be wonderful if you had to answer who was playing in order to get in? ok, I know its posted everywhere but one can dream cant they?

Old Post Jun-06-2012 01:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SillySilvia Click here to Send SillySilvia a Private Message Add SillySilvia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

as i noted before, Farina got an apology from the club and i think we can all assume his full fee. not like its the end of the world here people, its a vegas pool party

3 years ago it was all hip hop in vegas and now people have their undies in a bunch because of a bad choice the club has already apologized for. they have basically the same lineup playing this thursday. take that and add in the DT/Calderone party on monday and i'm surprised about all the heat the club is taking on here.

FYI supposedly the guy that booked this lineup wasn't there that day hence why the guy in charge caved to the vip guy.

EDC Las Vegas week presale tickets!
Create Nightclub guest list RSVP

Old Post Jun-06-2012 01:20  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Mark Farina gets the boot at Marquee b/c of table service crowd complaints
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread