Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Should i buy this
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

Been offered a G2 keyboard at 1500. They are hard to come by, don't really need. I guess if i ever wanted to sell it, is 1500 a good deal or average.

Old Post May-23-2012 19:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Should i buy this

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
Been offered a G2 keyboard at 1500. They are hard to come by, don't really need. I guess if i ever wanted to sell it, is 1500 a good deal or average.

Do it. It's so much fun, and $1500 is a good deal. I don't see many coming up these days and given that the g1 rack goes for about $1000 second hand, I think you're on to a winner. See if you can blag it for $1250.

Old Post May-23-2012 21:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

must be nice living in la.

Old Post May-24-2012 05:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
must be nice living in la.

Honestly, best place I have ever lived (including London, NY, Canada and Switzerland).

About 87 degrees with a brezze and it's like that 10 months of year,

Old Post May-24-2012 06:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Maybe you should offer to buy it a few keys at a time in exchange for lessons.

Old Post May-24-2012 17:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click Here to Email Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Mel David is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

money is not the issue.

Old Post May-24-2012 18:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

Any idea of the G2's condition? Assuming it's in good physical condition and perfect working condition, $1500 is a very good deal.

quote:
money is not the issue.

Then, what is?

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post May-24-2012 21:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i dont need it
wont use it
but if it is a deal, i will pick it up.
i have a micro modular i still haven't touched. Was planning to go thru those examples i posted. That was really the only point.

Old Post May-24-2012 21:22 
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

If you're not going to use it, my advice would be to pass and let somebody who will use it get a good deal. And, to clarify my earlier statement, $1500 is a good deal, but not a no-brainer deal IMO. i.e., at that price, you could easily recoup your investment, and probably make a small profit of a few hundred bucks.

Unfortunately, PrePal either doesn't include the G2, or doesn't differentiate between the G2 and G1, but this might give you some idea as to the going prices:

http://www.prepal.com/data/Clavia.htm

I'd go with the assumption that most, if not all, of the Modulars represented there were G1s.

quote:
Was planning to go thru those examples i posted. That was really the only point.

Maybe I've gone blind, but I don't see any examples mentioned.

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post May-24-2012 21:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

That's an OK deal, not great. You could probably resell it for a couple hundred dollar profit, but if you don't want the instrument, don't get one.

Do I want it? Fuck yeah! But keep in mind that it's really hard to use without the nord modular software and that the software is no longer supported but it should still work on the latest Windows and Mac. It hasn't been updated since 2009.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clavia-Nord...1#ht_500wt_1182
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clavia-Nord...#ht_5455wt_1165

ALSO, you can try out the software here WITHOUT owning a Nord G2. The audio even works which is kind of a mind-fuck:
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/downlo...emo%20v1.40.zip

Patches for your:
Access Virus TI,
Alesis A6 Andromeda,
DSI Prophet '08 / Tetra / Mopho / Mopho X4,
Nord Lead 3,
Nord Lead 2X / 2 / Discovery VSTi,
Roland JP8000 / JP8080

Old Post May-24-2012 23:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo

ALSO, you can try out the software here WITHOUT owning a Nord G2. The audio even works which is kind of a mind-fuck:

He said he owns a Micro. I'm pretty sure that it uses the same software as the G1/G2. (???)

Also, as I recall from trying that free version out years ago, it's a single-voice only version and highly crippled, isn't it?

Old Post May-24-2012 23:28  United States
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
He said he owns a Micro. I'm pretty sure that it uses the same software as the G1/G2. (???)

Also, as I recall from trying that free version out years ago, it's a single-voice only version and highly crippled, isn't it?

Ahh, I didn't read all of it.

Yeah, the demo is really limited, but still gives you an idea of what the modular can do. The G2 is a great 'intro' to modular synths at a much cheaper price than customizing your own.

Patches for your:
Access Virus TI,
Alesis A6 Andromeda,
DSI Prophet '08 / Tetra / Mopho / Mopho X4,
Nord Lead 3,
Nord Lead 2X / 2 / Discovery VSTi,
Roland JP8000 / JP8080

Old Post May-24-2012 23:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Should i buy this
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread