Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Errbody take this test so I can see if I'm retarded or not
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
I just mean criticism in general. Any kind. Nice people are always all like "But I'm SO NICE! How can anyone say that/think that about me??"

Fuck I hate nice people, lol. Grow a fuckin pair.

There are some genuinely nice people; however, they tend not to be the annoyingly nice people.

Apparently, I intimidate people at my office... seriously... I don't get it.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post May-25-2012 16:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Put on robe & wizard hat!

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Flippancy aside, I agree. Someone who's always nice seems disingenuous, and their niceness doesn't have any weight to it. If someone is capable of being an absolute prick, their kind words carry more meaning because you know they're actually genuine, rather than merely polite.

I wouldn't even say they need to be an absolute prick, because that may actually be unnecessary, but just put people on their place when needed.

Besides, you don't need to be obnoxious to everyone around you just to make sure others don't take you for the nice person you're not (specially because in a few cases that's really unlikely to happen, so there's no need to bother). When you're nice after being an all-around cunt for too long, that's way more likely to come across as a cheap form of manipulation... than someone who's just generally polite.

Old Post May-25-2012 16:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click Here to Email Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

considering your ease at communicating Hacyon on++ , i think you might just be a goth, not someone with aspergers.

Old Post May-25-2012 16:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

DONT TRY TO PUT ME IN YOUR BOX

//Wait, wasn't it "DONT FUKN LABEL ME"?

Old Post May-25-2012 16:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Old Post May-25-2012 17:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Reach for the sky, Honky!

I love that his mood is confused. So good.

Old Post May-25-2012 17:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira

How did this "nice" talk come up anyway!? Empathy is the ability to share someone else's feelings or experiences by imagining what it would be like to be in their situation - not of being necessarily nice or good to people.

I mean, I did mention the word niceness to Wotyzoid, but that’s simply because being nice without feeling any empathy is quite a challenge – although not altogether different from being nice and altruistic: you can be a nice person and not keep doing stuff to other people in order to be nice, but it's a tad bit more challenging than being a nice person who occasionally goes out of their way to help others... in the sense that other people may not think you're as nice as you assume you are

And the second test is about autism, which makes even less sense

Old Post May-25-2012 21:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click Here to Email Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Nobody is claiming nice and empathetic are exactly the same thing, but it's not a stretch at all to assume that general empathy falls under the umbrella of "nice".

As to your 2nd confusion, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empath...temizing_theory

Old Post May-25-2012 21:16 
Lira

Oh, I know Simon Baron-Cohen (though I like his cousin's work better ), I just thought it was a bit of a stretch given the previous talk - even though I admit I did marginally bring up "niceness" at some point.

On second thought, am I really asking the COR why a thread was hijacked!? Never mind, it's just the COR

Old Post May-25-2012 21:26 
Silky Johnson

Yeah who really gives a shit how nice or empathetic one is? That's all. It doesn't really make one a better person at the end of the day. It just seems that people who claim to be super empathetic do so with an air of self righteousness. And to them I say: fuck right off.

Old Post May-25-2012 21:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

I feel where you're coming from.

Old Post May-25-2012 21:39 
Silky Johnson

Old Post May-25-2012 21:40 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Errbody take this test so I can see if I'm retarded or not
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread