Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > is facebook (and other social media) killing ta?
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
so what you're saying is admins/mods killed TA. I agree, especially Sushipunk, that bald bastard.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post May-11-2012 23:11  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MrCanada
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
I really do believe its all the bashing ppl doing to each other on here... this is the issue with TA... other then that Swamper runs a tight ship and i still do like TA and try to check it a couple of times a week...

I haven't been here that long, only since January, so I can't talk about how Ta was before, or about previous threads, but I do agree with your statement. I have noticed there is a certain group of people on Ta who go into threads, spam them, & bash people. Thoose people are trolls, no one ever mentioned them, yet they come into a thread, & post a stupid meme, or picture. They are a group that is never adding to a discussion, the types of people that could ruin boards, due to their childish behaviours.

The mods on here so far have been pretty good, except for the one that change my sig without my permission.

Old Post May-11-2012 23:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for MrCanada Click here to Send MrCanada a Private Message Add MrCanada to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Definitely not the reason this place is dying but I think people get a bit to extreme when someone new to the scene comes on and proclaims their current love of cheese. I've seen tons of first time posters who have a great positive attitude, get trashed and never post again. Instead of trashing if people took it easy and let it go as not their cup of tea and gave that user some time to find better music (which is 100x more likely being a TA regular) I think you'd see the site start to grow slowly instead of shrink slowly... Just my 2 cents.

Exactly what happened to me. Thank the gods I didn't get owned by TA. This site alone paved the way in finding better music. For me anyways.

Click here for recent sets and compilations

Old Post May-11-2012 23:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ferg
Supreme tranceaddict

TA is my main source for event info. I like it a lot better then the annoying event invites on fb

Old Post May-12-2012 00:33  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Ferg Click here to Send Ferg a Private Message Add Ferg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Salmon
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Ferg
TA is my main source for event info. I like it a lot better then the annoying event invites on fb

I agree with this, its laid out neatly and to the point, also since it has helped me discover so many good nights, I enjoy posting events I have discovered on the internet to other local pages even thou I have no intention on attending it.

Another note on the bashing, I feel it also has a positive effect on learning new names in edm, I know that when I first joined my knowledge was very basic and general on what edm was, bashing helped me understand and research more genres of edm and realize what style I was more inclined to listen and enjoy

Old Post May-12-2012 17:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Salmon Click here to Send Salmon a Private Message Add Salmon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

You need a thick skin, and a bit of warped sense of humour to survive TA. Then you find the plur

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post May-12-2012 17:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
Sure I agree but the guy was blatantly spamming the board with his useless crap for months if not years, that's beyond any acceptable norm

at least 2 years! and he's still going lol

Old Post May-12-2012 19:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click Here to Email jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceGrooves
TiTan Of TrAncE

Yes! They all are.....

Old Post May-13-2012 12:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGrooves Click here to Send TranceGrooves a Private Message Add TranceGrooves to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mahalliner
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Definitely not the reason this place is dying but I think people get a bit to extreme when someone new to the scene comes on and proclaims their current love of cheese. I've seen tons of first time posters who have a great positive attitude, get trashed and never post again. Instead of trashing if people took it easy and let it go as not their cup of tea and gave that user some time to find better music (which is 100x more likely being a TA regular) I think you'd see the site start to grow slowly instead of shrink slowly... Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree. I always think of probably a similar thing happening when I (and a lot of other TAs) got into EDM in the late 90s. I'm sure there would've been a similar attitude from people who had been following house and the club scene since the late 80s suggesting that the mainstream EDM of Fat of the Land era Prodigy, Daft Punk, etc. were cheese or too mainstream and were corrupting the 'purity' of the scene or something. Really though if we hadn't had the opportunity to find our own way in at that time without being belittled for our 'gateway' interests I don't think we'd be here now.

Old Post May-13-2012 19:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mahalliner Click here to Send mahalliner a Private Message Add mahalliner to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kytracid
No more subliminal shit..

The party ended for some of us and we moved on to other things.

"Hell is full of musical amateurs; music is the brandy of the damned."
~ George Bernard Shaw

Old Post May-14-2012 06:31  Tanzania
Click Here to See the Profile for Kytracid Click Here to Email Kytracid Click here to Send Kytracid a Private Message Add Kytracid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
farxaad
Senior tranceaddict

I can't lie, for someone who isn't part of the cemented 'community' it can be a little intimidating. Hard to want to come back and post all the time, and I've seen it happening as well, when people are bashed for not sharing THE opinion, or other b.s of the like.

More positivity!!

Also happy to be seeing more music related threads though! =)

Old Post May-14-2012 18:45  Yemen
Click Here to See the Profile for farxaad Click here to Send farxaad a Private Message Add farxaad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Xavier Moriarty
one man only, 8 swords

quote:
Originally posted by Kytracid
The party ended for some of us and we moved on to other things.

i started typing something along those lines the other day, i had you and a few other guys and girls from this board on my mind, but then i said fuck it, why even bother.

hope all is well with you my brother !!!

Old Post May-14-2012 22:47  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for Xavier Moriarty Click here to Send Xavier Moriarty a Private Message Add Xavier Moriarty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > is facebook (and other social media) killing ta?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread