Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 'pure' genre music vs. good music made with passion
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover03591
Due to some backlash (that is what happens when you spam people who have aren't fans) they in very dramatic fashion posted an addendum to the first video:

Their artistic virtues also happen to be their Achilles heal.

Old Post May-09-2012 01:50  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

"we said no to trance 2.0 "wtf

they do realize that they are like trance v 9.0B 64x

This is pathetic. You decided to stay stagnant, people moved on , and no you are bitching about it.

Old Post May-09-2012 02:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
"we said no to trance 2.0 "wtf

they do realize that they are like trance v 9.0B 64x

This is pathetic. You decided to stay stagnant, people moved on , and no you are bitching about it.

That kind of defines this forum. Dance music moved forward and 90% of the people who post here are pissy about it, lol.

Download my new track Agitator here! (It's free.)

Old Post May-09-2012 02:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

Can't pick on only trance.

A lot of nostalgic Sasha and Digweed fans too.

Last edited by Trancelover03591 on May-09-2012 at 02:55

Old Post May-09-2012 02:29  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

you know that retard at guitar centre that still thinks his hair band is going to make it , even tho it is 2010 and he is 35, this is the exact same thing.

Old Post May-09-2012 02:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

rofl. I can picture that guy perfect. We even have guitar center where I live.

Old Post May-09-2012 02:56  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

Speaking of guitar, WTF is up with the guy playing the acoustic guitar at the end of the first video?

This whole campaign is weird. I'm not familiar with this label and I'm not really unsympathetic to them or their fight for survival, but the problem with decreased sales in EDM extends far beyond "one of our songs only sold a handful of copies so give us money." Donating money to them isn't going to address all of the underlying variables that affect music sales (e.g., oversaturated market, too many labels, lousy economy, reduction in quality, ease of piracy/file sharing, etc.).

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post May-09-2012 03:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

what is funny is that when this sort of melodic stuff was made in 2000 - 2003, you had all the other trance purists saying it was cheese. There was a big divide between trance with arp style melodic stuff and the trance that was more like ala progressive. There is nothing pure about what these guys are selling. Kinda sucks when the stuff you are doing was done to perfection a decade earlier.

Old Post May-09-2012 03:43 
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
but the problem with decreased sales in EDM extends far beyond "one of our songs only sold a handful of copies so give us money." Donating money to them isn't going to address all of the underlying variables that affect music sales (e.g., oversaturated market, too many labels, lousy economy, reduction in quality, ease of piracy/file sharing, etc.).

Very well put.

I don't know about the guitar. Honestly, the person behind this seems a bit grandiose.

Old Post May-09-2012 04:38  Germany
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
Originally posted by Seandroid
That kind of defines this forum. Dance music moved forward and 90% of the people who post here are pissy about it, lol.

This probably happens to every genre...there's always a small group of dedicated fans that want to relive their nostalgic glory days.

Old Post May-09-2012 06:39  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
This probably happens to every genre...there's always a small group of dedicated fans that want to relive their nostalgic glory days.

DEFINITELY true for every genre haha. I didn't intend on making it sound like I was picking on trance, sorry about that.

Download my new track Agitator here! (It's free.)

Old Post May-09-2012 06:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

What are they, a digital label like Beatport or vinyl? If they are digital, surely it doesn't cost that much to keep it going.

Old Post May-09-2012 07:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click Here to Email Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 'pure' genre music vs. good music made with passion
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread