Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > racism
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

I've beefed more with my own kind than any other race. Being korean is the last thing that runs through my mind.

Asian pride is a myth.

Old Post Apr-28-2012 18:56  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
recovering tranceaddict



Registered: Mar 2005
Location: New York, New York

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.
I've beefed more with my own kind than any other race. Being korean is the last thing that runs through my mind.

Asian pride is a myth.


I see this with a lot of my Asian American friends. It's so fucked up how much you guys hate on FOB's lol! It's not their fault they're FOBs, you know. English is a pretty difficult language.

I think the intra-racial prejudice in this case just has to do with living among so many ignorant / uncultured people who make you feel like you've got the freaking plague, just because you're a bit different. Really, it's not as big a deal as you might think, at least according to me.


___________________
Awesome House Music Blog: http://thegoodmorningpost.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Blake on Apr-29-2012 at 04:02

Old Post Apr-29-2012 03:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AnotherWay83
The B00b Maintenance Guy™



Registered: Aug 2000
Location: land of d(-_-)b

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
I see this with a lot of my Asian American friends. It's so fucked up how much you guys hate on FOB's lol! It's not their fault they're FOBs, you know. English is a pretty difficult language.

I think the intra-racial prejudice in this case just has to do with living among so many ignorant / uncultured people who make you feel like you've got the freaking plague, just because you're a bit different. Really, it's not as big a deal as you might think, at least according to me.


i don't know if by "asian" you meant to include "south asian" as well, but i'd like to add that similar attitudes exist among the south asian american born community towards their FOB counterparts, at least in some circles.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 07:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for AnotherWay83 Click here to Send AnotherWay83 a Private Message Add AnotherWay83 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
recovering tranceaddict



Registered: Mar 2005
Location: New York, New York

quote:
Originally posted by AnothermanyWay83
i don't know if by "asian" you meant to include "south asian" as well, but i'd like to add that similar attitudes exist among the south asian american born community towards their FOB counterparts, at least in some circles.


Ironically enough, I haven't seen this among many of my Thai or Pinoy friends, lol. I have seen it among my Malaysian, Vietnamese, and Cambodian friends though, as well as friends from India and Bangladesh, if that's what you meant by south asian. Fuck, New York is awesome!


___________________
Awesome House Music Blog: http://thegoodmorningpost.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Blake on Apr-29-2012 at 15:15

Old Post Apr-29-2012 10:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Champion Thread Killer



Registered: Feb 2005
Location: Mayfair


___________________
-~-

Old Post Apr-29-2012 13:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mustafa Shaheen
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Jan 2012
Location:

What's black and goes to work?


A white man's suit.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 16:44  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for Mustafa Shaheen Click here to Send Mustafa Shaheen a Private Message Add Mustafa Shaheen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death



Registered: Sep 2001
Location: beer


___________________


Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?

Old Post Apr-29-2012 20:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

I guess Looney4Clooney was right by saying skin color does affect me. I'm obviously going to be more inclined to mate with a korean than an african, european, or spanish women. That's why I plan to be single for the rest of my life because it's disrespectful to not marry a non-korean lady with a great personality all because of her skin pigmentation.

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
I see this with a lot of my Asian American friends. It's so fucked up how much you guys hate on FOB's lol! It's not their fault they're FOBs, you know. English is a pretty difficult language.

I think the intra-racial prejudice in this case just has to do with living among so many ignorant / uncultured people who make you feel like you've got the freaking plague, just because you're a bit different. Really, it's not as big a deal as you might think, at least according to me.


yeah, I'm a spoiled 2nd generation kid. every korean male back home needs to do mandatory military service.

Old Post Apr-30-2012 20:34  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
recovering tranceaddict



Registered: Mar 2005
Location: New York, New York

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.
I guess Looney4Clooney was right by saying skin color does affect me. I'm obviously going to be more inclined to mate with a korean than an african, european, or spanish women. That's why I plan to be single for the rest of my life because it's disrespectful to not marry a non-korean lady with a great personality all because of her skin pigment.


Can't tell whether you're being sarcastic, but the blog in my sig is run mostly by two good friends of mine, who happen to be a Korean/white couple, of which the guy is Korean. His parents gave him so much hell for not hooking up with a Christian, Korean woman. Actually, for a long time they didn't even understand why he had any non-christian, non-korean friends. For a while they even thought he could catch homosexuality from his gay & lesbian friends. Unlike most Asians I know who've been in similar situations, he was strong enough to simply stop speaking to his parents for a few years. Naturally, they eventually came around.


___________________
Awesome House Music Blog: http://thegoodmorningpost.wordpress.com/

Old Post Apr-30-2012 21:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Apr 2010
Location:

isn't it kinda rude to call Koreans asians ? I'm not chinese or japanese but i would be offended. Koreans are basically mongolians but without a soul.

I believe the bad guy in blood sport was Korean. I think that says pretty much all you need to know. And he got his ass kicked by a french dude.


___________________
"This is why Superman works alone." GC
old stuff from days gone by (2001-2004)
Mad For Brad's gay little contest

Old Post Apr-30-2012 21:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
Can't tell whether you're being sarcastic, but the blog in my sig is run mostly by two good friends of mine, who happen to be a Korean/white couple, of which the guy is Korean. His parents gave him so much hell for not hooking up with a Christian, Korean woman. Actually, for a long time they didn't even understand why he had any non-christian, non-korean friends. For a while they even thought he could catch homosexuality from his gay & lesbian friends. Unlike most Asians I know who've been in similar situations, he was strong enough to simply stop speaking to his parents for a few years. Naturally, they eventually came around.


my pastor has a caucasian wife. he even admits he's white-washed, but that's normal in a canadian environment.


quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
isn't it kinda rude to call Koreans asians ? I'm not chinese or japanese but i would be offended. Koreans are basically mongolians but without a soul.



quote:

I believe the bad guy in blood sport was Korean. I think that says pretty much all you need to know. And he got his ass kicked by a french dude.


the same thick guy from enter the dragon?

Old Post Apr-30-2012 22:01  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

sorry about my speech impediment but I'm learning how to speak american.

Old Post Apr-30-2012 22:09  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > racism
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:38.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2014

Privacy Statement
Geo Visitors Map

Icon