Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Coming to Montreal
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
rewinder
tranceaddict in training

Coming to Montreal

Hello everyone

I am a long time lurker at NYC Tranceaddict and am going to be visiting Montreal this weekend. I have been to Montreal before, but what makes this weekend important is that my buddy from NYC who got me into the whole scene way back when I moved from Ottawa to NYC many years ago, will be coming with me.

As such, I want to make sure he has a great time because we came many years ago, and had a blast. But I have been out of the loop for a while.

I know about the afterhour clubs...Stereo, Circus, Redlite?

Are there any places which serve liquor after 3AM, even if they aren't EDM places?

Best non-afterhour places to hang out beforehand?

What about Sunday nights? Absolutely NEED somewhere to hang out, what are our options?

I just moved to Burlington from NYC, so I guess I will be hanging out more and more in Montreal. It kind of sucks because of course Vermont has ZERO EDM scene, and so I don't have any other friends to join us this weekend. We have always partied in bigger groups, so just the two of us should be different.

So if anyone wants to meet up and chat, I would be happy to buy some drinks and handle expenses this weekend

Old Post Apr-18-2012 04:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for rewinder Click here to Send rewinder a Private Message Add rewinder to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

no booze anywhere after 3. Not legally anyway.

As for stuff to do before hitting the afters, I know this is a shameless plug but I will be having my birthday on Friday night at a small club on St. Denis called Passeport and will be playing with fellow MTLTA corjay9 and a couple of other friends. Drinks are cheap and I can put you and your friend on the reduced list if you want We play mostly deep house and techno if that's your thing.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Apr-18-2012 04:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Passskal
Supreme tranceaddict

Are you more into trance or house/tech house ?

Stereo has a big trance night this Friday with Meno de Jong.

Otherwise there is a more intimate all-night techno party uptown with PAN/TONE (see events section)

Circus has a prog night.

Check out U.N. on Friday there is a good party there with locals (tech house)

Saturday is 100% house in afterhours this weekend. Classic house and lots of vocals in all partys.

Sunday you have to check out Salon Daomé at Beat Boutique and then Circus is open for afterhours.

Not a big weekend EDM wise

Old Post Apr-18-2012 04:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Passskal Click Here to Email Passskal Click here to Send Passskal a Private Message Add Passskal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

come see me and adam on friday and drink for stupid cheap.

Old Post Apr-18-2012 05:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rewinder
tranceaddict in training

Thanks for all the answers guys and very informative Passskal!

And what time are you guys playing till on Friday?

Old Post Apr-19-2012 17:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for rewinder Click here to Send rewinder a Private Message Add rewinder to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Playing until 3

quote:
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Apr-19-2012 17:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fran666
Party Hard, Dance Harder!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
no booze anywhere after 3. Not legally anyway.

As for stuff to do before hitting the afters, I know this is a shameless plug but I will be having my birthday on Friday night at a small club on St. Denis called Passeport and will be playing with fellow MTLTA corjay9 and a couple of other friends. Drinks are cheap and I can put you and your friend on the reduced list if you want We play mostly deep house and techno if that's your thing.

great !!!

i was heading there this friday

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Fran666 Click here to Send Fran666 a Private Message Visit Fran666's homepage! Add Fran666 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fran666
Party Hard, Dance Harder!

btw this friday at Circus it's Oren D, Jay London and Highestpoint … so prog house and techno

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Fran666 Click here to Send Fran666 a Private Message Visit Fran666's homepage! Add Fran666 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

quote:
Originally posted by Fran666
great !!!

i was heading there this friday

wicked!

quote:

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:23  Canada
rewinder
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Playing until 3

Cool!

Not sure if I will actually be in the city tonight, as I may be hanging out in burlington and taking in some hockey with some friends who are philly fans. More likely I will be in Montreal Saturday and Sunday nights.

But if you can put me on the list just in case I decide to drive up at 11pm, its not too far after all ....Donny + 1

Thanks!

Old Post Apr-20-2012 21:41  United States

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Coming to Montreal
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread