Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How do you like to get drunk?
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Is there any science behind this idea that different drinks can put you in different moods?

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-19-2012 06:18  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Is there any science behind this idea that different drinks can put you in different moods?

I've always wondered that too. I know if I drink rum, I get pretty hyperactive, and I always figured it was due to there being lots of sugar in it. Beer is more of a chilled out kind of drunk, but that's most likely due to it filling you up more then spirits.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Apr-19-2012 07:07  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Strange as this may seem, this is a totally new concept to me. I'd never heard it until a couple of weeks ago when I was out in town with a friend who kept drinking this extremely sweet fruit cider, which he called a "happy drink".

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-19-2012 09:45  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FuzzQi
Senior tranceaddict

Oh wow if I narrow it down to a few favourites

-pretentious beers with my friends
-extremely strong cocktails and shots with my gay friends
-champagne and wine at functions

Also, forgetting what you did isn't the problem, it's how it all comes back to you over the next few days. And the biggest thing to forget is to chug your body weight in water before you go to bed.

Ohshi-

Old Post Apr-19-2012 09:47  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for FuzzQi Click here to Send FuzzQi a Private Message Add FuzzQi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

Honestly I have not drank in a very long time.

There are these things with different names, you probably have seen them in your State as well or even in your Country. The brand name I remember the most is being called a 'Juicy' and it is a big Ol' can compared to, lets say the biggest Monster Energy Drink available. It is an energy drink (very sweet tasting) mixed with Alcohol and it is a big step up in % of Alcohol compared to other items in the local Convenience Stores (well maybe except for Mad Dog 20/20) but I haven't drank one of those since I was 16.

In Texas and as well as a lot of States in America we can't buy liquor except at a liquor store. So this has made these drinks very popular with the youth where I live and tend to make people very aggressive.

The last time I drank, someone had left one in the fridge unopened and it taste sweet but the Alcohol over powers it but not by much. I had a really great time on it, but I was alone and it was 11am ish with nothing to do. But I can see if you had other people around you, how the violence could start if you were at a party and as I have seen it in the Men and Women who sit outside these stores drinking the shit. I wouldn't touch it again because it has this very youthful spirit about it and an old drunk spirit about it intertwined and even though very cheap, it's not worth it.

I drink White Russians and Black Russians (and NO not because of The Big L) I liked them well before I saw the movie) and at Christmas time when Eggnog is available I love mixing liquor with that. I don't drink beer anymore. I do like extra dirty Martinis and almost every blended flavor of Martinis. I don't like to get drunk anymore. Back when I loved getting hammered I would drink Crown Royal and Coke only.

A girl doesn't get killed by a make believe lover.

Old Post Apr-19-2012 11:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Desiderata Click here to Send Desiderata a Private Message Add Desiderata to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by FuzzQi
Also, forgetting what you did isn't the problem, it's how it all comes back to you over the next few days.

Yeah, if I drink tequila, the only way it comes back over the next few days is from people telling me, and I rarely remember any of it. Tequila just erases my mind, lol.

Old Post Apr-19-2012 11:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Yeah, if I drink tequila, the only way it comes back over the next few days is from people telling me, and I rarely remember any of it. Tequila just erases my mind, lol.

Never had a alcohol blackout people keep speaking of, and I drink a lot. Every night. Tequila is however the only thing I cannot abide - that shit regardless of quality, makes me feel like hell. Only thing that gives me a hangover the next day. Only had double vision once in my (and would you know it it kicked in right as I went to a party to meet this girl who wanted to hook up with me - took serious effort to keep my shit straight).

It's weird but I have to kind of keep it down to friends or people I meet, as by US standards I would be classed a full blown Alcoholic, but it seems completely normal to me and the missus to polish of a couple of bottle of wine on any given evening. In fact, it's got to have been a few months since I didn't have at least a couple of glasses at night. I don't crave it at all but it just seems normal.

Hardly ever day drink though unless on holiday or at a restaurant for lunch.

Love me a good Gin & Tonic (there's a Austrian owned bar here in LA that makes their own Tonic which is a reddish/brown and they mix it with this really small distillery gin - fucking making me salivate just thinking about it now).

In a club, captain and seven or jack and coke - I don't know how anyone drinks that piss called redbull. Waste of good vodka IMO.

Have a serious weak spot for expensive champagne (you can keep your Moet and the cheap stuff) and they gayer (and stronger) the cocktails the better.

I think there is some merit to the mood vs alcohol type thing though, but I also think it highly depends on what type of drunk you are. Angry drunks are nearly always set off by whiskey IMO. Happy drunks really get happy on Champers and white wine.

Australian drunks get...well drunk on whatever someone else is buying

Old Post Apr-19-2012 23:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Australian drunks get...well drunk on whatever someone else is buying

I see you know us well

Old Post Apr-19-2012 23:07  Australia
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
It's weird but I have to kind of keep it down to friends or people I meet, as by US standards I would be classed a full blown Alcoholic, but it seems completely normal to me and the missus to polish of a couple of bottle of wine on any given evening. In fact, it's got to have been a few months since I didn't have at least a couple of glasses at night. I don't crave it at all but it just seems normal.

I'm the same. I don't get drunk that often (I really, really don't like it), but I'll have a couple glasses of wine or a couple cocktails most days.

Though, that said, god damn did I get fucked up last night. Stupid me, thinking it was a good idea to drink a whole bottle of vodka and then some

Old Post Apr-19-2012 23:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Lews is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
I'm the same. I don't get drunk that often (I really, really don't like it), but I'll have a couple glasses of wine or a couple cocktails most days.

That's how I feel - I don't really get "drunk" very often. Sure I feel it, but never steaming drunk, regardless of how much I tie it on.

Old Post Apr-20-2012 00:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spam
OMG Hai2U!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk

I hear this from a lot of people, so it seems to be a fairly common perception... How much tequila are we talking here? I can't recall a time I've had more than 3 shots in a one night of the stuff, so maybe I'm just not drinking enough of it to cause a black out?

Bullshit.
Those forces combine to create a soaking, boiling mudstorm on Valentine's Day.

Old Post Apr-20-2012 00:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spam Click here to Send Spam a Private Message Add Spam to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Spam
How much tequila are we talking here?

I don't know, I can't remember

Old Post Apr-20-2012 00:23  Australia

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How do you like to get drunk?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread