Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA

I'm bored with an hour to kill before the football, so I thought I'd throw this live grenade into the forum.

Amusingly, I came across this story as the top Google result for "ecstasy" (don't ask). It seems that Madonna, in one of the more notably pathetic attempts for a 50-something faded pop star to court controversy and relevance, has named her new album "MDNA" and made some references to "molly" at Ultra Music Festival. As if this story wasn't laden with enough laughable pop melodrama, none other than Internet-debate-catalyst Deadmau5 weighs in to condemn Ms Ciccone.

Words and pictures: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._n_1379437.html

Someone should tell Madonna that someone already did this. The Shamen. In 1992.

> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]
> Live @ Absorb 13.10.13 [Chill Out]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:09  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

I bet they're gonna collaborate sooner or later.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:13  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
getting back up

Damn it, I used to like Madonna.

When she collabd with cool people.

Not sure this is a grenade here though. Would have been if it was Deadmau5 who'd done it

Dynatron - Cosmo Black

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:15  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Redd is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euforix
LoungeAddict

Articles like this proves that people need to get some real problems to their lives.

quote:
Deadmau5, one of the leading producers of progressive house music

Yeah...

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:15  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Euforix Click here to Send Euforix a Private Message Add Euforix to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Amusingly, I came across this story as the top Google result for "ecstasy" (don't ask)

Also, what The Shamen release are you referring to?

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

quote:
Originally posted by Euforix
Yeah...

Ha, out of all the stupidity involved in that article, that line pissed me off the most as well. I'm trying to cut down on my progressive house crankiness, though. Progressive died in 1997, everyone in the world is wrong except me.

Absorb.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:18  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Ha, out of all the stupidity involved in that article, that line pissed me off the most as well. I'm trying to cut down on my progressive house crankiness, though. Progressive died in 1997, everyone in the world is wrong except me.

Kinda wondered myself how you didn't react on that . But I guess stuff like these have been overly discussed countless of times.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:19  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Re: Re: Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA

quote:
Originally posted by Woony

Also, what The Shamen release are you referring to?

Ebeneezer Goode, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Redd
Not sure this is a grenade here though. Would have been if it was Deadmau5 who'd done it

I can't really be bothered to get worked up about Deadmau5, but if I were that way inclined I would think it was pretty rich for him of all people to rant about removing "rampant fucking stupidity" from dance music.

Absorb.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:21  England
Redd
getting back up

Haha yeah I guess

Dynatron - Cosmo Black

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:25  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Redd is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA

quote:
Ebeneezer Goode, of course.

I looked at their Discogs and couldn't find anything. That flew over my head. But 'MDNA' seems much more obvious, so every last hipster gets it.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

Re: Re: Re: Re: Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
I looked at their Discogs and couldn't find anything. That flew over my head. But 'MDNA' seems much more obvious, so every last hipster gets it.

Oh, haven't you heard? The cool kids aren't into MDMA anymore.

~*cocaine&ketamine*~

/enydo

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
Oh, haven't you heard? The cool kids aren't into MDMA anymore.

~*cocaine&ketamine*~

/enydo

I doubt the kids that listen to madonna/deadmau5 even know what ketamine is. Only when you listen to james blake or tech house tracks with down pitched male vocals you will get initiated in the secret society of ketamine users.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:37 

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Madonna, Deadmau5 and MDMA
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread