Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Why do Dj's Turn Knobs During Songs??? Is It Just To Make Them Look Busy???
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jeffw1999
tranceaddict in training

if anyone can give me a few handy tips for me for Dj'ing, that would be great,

Old Post Apr-20-2012 06:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffw1999 Click here to Send jeffw1999 a Private Message Add jeffw1999 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker

were those dj advice tips or pro tips.

To answer your question, most djs use an app called Bomes midi translator. What this does is recognize certain midi strings and converts it to say text or an action/script. Basically, these knob turns are triggering Bomes to send an sms to the dealer for say , more cocaine, or give the girl at my 2 oclock some sexy pills. The great thing about this program is that you can really control the output by say the speed of the turn, or direction. So you can give literally 4 commands per knob. x 3 knobs on the channel you aren't using. And this doesn't include macro commands

12 commands.

need cocaine.
need meth
need cocaine and meth with a dash of vicodin
bring lime juice, a spoon and a clean syringe
bring me my premixed set [] A,B,C,D ...
give hot girl at [angle] [drugs]
give hot boy at [angle] [drugs]
kick the black guy out.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 21:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jayxthekoolest
Perm BanHammer

quote:
Originally posted by Rodri Santos
99% of the times they are doing nothing but looking fancy during the song but maybe they are setting the eqs of another channel, checking if all the eqs are in the position their wish, adding some colour to a build up... there are several indicators that show you how good is a dj without listening to their set and this is the kind of thing that is lame.

Exactly. It pleases the crowd. I've seen Tiesto turn knobs at key points just to look like he's doing something.

I honestly can't blame them though. I would do it too!

Old Post Apr-29-2012 22:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jayxthekoolest Click here to Send jayxthekoolest a Private Message Add jayxthekoolest to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jayxthekoolest
Perm BanHammer

Re: Re: Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney

To answer your question, most djs use an app called Bomes midi translator. What this does is recognize certain midi strings and converts it to say text or an action/script. Basically, these knob turns are triggering Bomes to send an sms to the dealer for say , more cocaine, or give the girl at my 2 oclock some sexy pills. The great thing about this program is that you can really control the output by say the speed of the turn, or direction. So you can give literally 4 commands per knob. x 3 knobs on the channel you aren't using. And this doesn't include macro commands

12 commands.

need cocaine.
need meth
kick the black guy out.

This post says a lot about you. Clearly you enjoy doing illegal drugs.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 22:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jayxthekoolest Click here to Send jayxthekoolest a Private Message Add jayxthekoolest to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

yu[, i also like to drug boys and girls and fuck them. I also hate black people. I mean i said that too.

or i'm having a go at djs. My humour is not intended for low medium to high more on the retard spectrum. And if you must know , all the drugs I do are quite legal and regardless of the few times a year i might go to down , I am as clean as that gay dude on that home cleaner with the bald head.

I suggest you have someone navigate your way around my thoughts next time. Thanks Korky.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 23:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jayxthekoolest
Perm BanHammer

quote:
yu[, i also like to drug boys and girls and fuck them. I also hate black people. I mean i said that too.

or i'm having a go at djs. My humour is not intended for low medium to high more on the retard spectrum. And if you must know , all the drugs I do are quite legal and regardless of the few times a year i might go to down , I am as clean as that gay dude on that home cleaner with the bald head.

I suggest you have someone navigate your way around my thoughts next time. Thanks Korky.

I wasn't hating. I think your posts are the best on the forum.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 23:27  United States
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i mean if we are going to psycho analyze things. the fact you think my post indicates my drug habits when it clearly is aimed at djs would say more about your habit than mine. So there. You just got psycho-anal-ized.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 23:30 
jayxthekoolest
Perm BanHammer

quote:
i mean if we are going to psycho analyze things. the fact you think my post indicates my drug habits when it clearly is aimed at djs would say more about your habit than mine. So there. You just got psycho-anal-ized.

lol wut

Old Post Apr-29-2012 23:31  United States
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i fucked you with your own dick and you can't walk.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 23:37 
jayxthekoolest
Perm BanHammer

quote:
i fucked you with your own dick and you can't walk.

Well that's besides the point.

Old Post Apr-30-2012 00:29  United States
Rodri Santos
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Thread

quote:

12 commands.

need cocaine.
need meth
kick the black guy out.

haha this made me laugh. OT the problem of some styles is that you have like 2 minutes where you don't know what to do. You can jump,clap, touch the eqs, have a shot... i've a variety of jesus poses to do also. My fav one yesterday, a full bottle of the best vodka i've ever taken, great laughs drinking it with the others on the booth and smoking, a lot of people surely though we were doing cocaine.

My New Set Peak Time Club Techno

Beatport Top 10 Chart April

Old Post Apr-30-2012 01:12  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for Rodri Santos Click here to Send Rodri Santos a Private Message Add Rodri Santos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PivotTechno
senseless

Re: Re: Re: Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Rodri Santos
a lot of people surely though we were doing cocaine.

No, they didn't, and please stop pretending you're at the same level of accomplishment as DJ RYAN™, because no one's buying what you're selling.

WestsideWax Soundcloud

WestsideWax Mixcloud

New! WestsideWax Archives

Old Post Apr-30-2012 04:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for PivotTechno Click here to Send PivotTechno a Private Message Add PivotTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Why do Dj's Turn Knobs During Songs??? Is It Just To Make Them Look Busy???
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread