Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Circus is #19 in DJ Mag Top 100 Clubs 2012
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
~*Stereohead*~
~*DeepChuggyTechyProg*~

i don't know why this became a thread about stereo lol...

i get how the poll works, it just bothers me more years than others i guess.

i've seen the video and all...what i should have said is that this year i found stereo did not feed into the popularity contest as much as other clubs did...what some of you have hinted to as half-assed promo.

i also get that for some of you, it's pointless to discuss the nature of this poll but for me, i think it's a good thing to keep that flow of conversation going. dj mag is, afterall, a huge name in the industry so my final point is just that the way it works is very questionable & somewhat invalid...anyways, i had zero intention of this becoming a comparison thread, but i'm still not going to apologize for voicing my opinion on a forum (& especially a topic) that is designed to do just that.

congrats again!

Afterhours is a state of mind, but significantly, it's more a state of 'I don't mind'. A determined continuation, contentment and relief that 'it ain't over yet!' An injection of music into attitude and occasion which creates an emotional wave forth that isolates globally, a ringing harmonic, a signal to a like-minded collective that 'we are only us'.

Last edited by ~*Stereohead*~ on Mar-29-2012 at 05:26

Old Post Mar-29-2012 05:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~*Stereohead*~ Click Here to Email ~*Stereohead*~ Click here to Send ~*Stereohead*~ a Private Message Add ~*Stereohead*~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

I thought you were only allowed to post your opinion if you WORK for DJmag

Old Post Mar-29-2012 05:47  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for zeKsg Click here to Send zeKsg a Private Message Add zeKsg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
portugzMTL
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm very happy that the city's made it on the list, and MUCH congrats to Circus, great worldwide promo for them!!
but 19th? really... like... really?

let's just get serious for a moment.
but as mentioned in the thread, look at their DJ list.
Just 19th really boggles my mind, do we realize how many clubs there are around the world. We've all been to Circus, and I'm pretty sure no one can say this poll isn't flawed.
(not to take anything away from them, because I can appreciate how they've amazingly cleaned up their act in the last little while! but I've also partied in quite a few places around the world....

Old Post Mar-29-2012 05:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for portugzMTL Click here to Send portugzMTL a Private Message Add portugzMTL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fran666
Party Hard, Dance Harder!

I was as happy to see this picture on facebook from one of our customers than for the results of DJ Mag to be honestů to me it's the same thing.

We are pleasing our customers, this is our mission, our reason, our butter and bread. Just the logical thing to do. We got them a Funktion-One sound systemů do you know how great that is ?!?!?! It's awesome !

Makes them happy, we are happy, everyone is happy, let's party !!!

Old Post Mar-29-2012 12:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Fran666 Click here to Send Fran666 a Private Message Visit Fran666's homepage! Add Fran666 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
what i should have said is that this year i found stereo did not feed into the popularity contest as much as other clubs did...what some of you have hinted to as half-assed promo.

Well I actually don't think it was half-assed promo, since both club used about the same things for pushing the contest.

You are the one that said Stereo didn't feed into as much, just trying to figure on what you based your opinion on since nothing tells me they did any different from the last years.

But we are really just discussing here because I like debating ideas and you brought the subject up. Otherwise I don't care much for those polls. I was part of every after-hours in Montreal (except Playground) and love them all for different reasons.

What this result tells me, is that Circus found a way to 'talk' and 'connnect' with his clientele. They built a new young crowd that cares enough for the club to take the time to vote. THat's a really good thing both for the club and the survival of EDM.

Old Post Mar-29-2012 13:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
princesultan
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
What this result tells me, is that Circus found a way to 'talk' and 'connnect' with his clientele. They built a new young crowd that cares enough for the club to take the time to vote. THat's a really good thing both for the club and the survival of EDM.

that's basically what it means to me as well. stereo is a great fucking club, there is absolutely no doubt there, but circus has definitely found and captured its market very well. they have a very strong and loyal base that shows up no matter which night it is.

Old Post Mar-29-2012 14:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for princesultan Click Here to Email princesultan Click here to Send princesultan a Private Message Add princesultan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fran666
Party Hard, Dance Harder!

quote:
What this result tells me, is that Circus found a way to 'talk' and 'connnect' with his clientele.

and we will push that to the next levelů soon !!!

http://circushd.com/blog/circus-plu...round-community

Old Post Mar-29-2012 15:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Fran666 Click here to Send Fran666 a Private Message Visit Fran666's homepage! Add Fran666 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~*Stereohead*~
~*DeepChuggyTechyProg*~

francis: i do not see how clicking a button to vote for a club vs. tattooing a club's logo on your body equates to "the same thing" as you said...

...i would strongly re-think that one.

martin, what you call 'my opinion' is what a lot (but not all) of others interpret as fact. i am not personally claiming it to be fact, but these are objective observations i have made, as a fan of stereo. nothing more.

stereo simply did not push their dj mag promo this year AS MUCH AS THEY HAVE IN PREVIOUS YEARS. period. circus had banners, created so many friggin' ads for it, i unliked them specifically because my newsfeed was FLOODED with stupid invites inviting me to vote vote vote! for them. not to mention the countless event invites, too. i was getting so many random friend requests from people with the word "circus" in their name. it got so annoying, and it is not necessary to go to those annoying lengths to acquire votes. it works, but it is annoying as fuck.

sure, stereo did post quite a bit on FB, trying to get votes, but circus' determination/efforts/promo tactics far outweighed stereo's this year. if you can't see that, you are blind man. i even asked maher what the club was doing to enhance their dj mag promo...if i have to ask him, it clearly means i am not seeing it myself, on my own.

it became very clear to me that this year, circus simply CARED A LOT MORE about their ranking in this poll than stereo did. that's all.

and also i am speaking as a FAN/CLIENT here, not as a DJ, manager, agent, employee, maher's girlfriend, whatever...

...my opinion (& i think it could be a fact also) is that neither circus NOR stereo is the 19th best club in the entire universe. period.

Afterhours is a state of mind, but significantly, it's more a state of 'I don't mind'. A determined continuation, contentment and relief that 'it ain't over yet!' An injection of music into attitude and occasion which creates an emotional wave forth that isolates globally, a ringing harmonic, a signal to a like-minded collective that 'we are only us'.

Old Post Mar-29-2012 17:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~*Stereohead*~ Click Here to Email ~*Stereohead*~ Click here to Send ~*Stereohead*~ a Private Message Add ~*Stereohead*~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't see this exactly the same way Erika, but these things are easier and less time consuming to debate in person.

Old Post Mar-29-2012 18:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

quote:

it became very clear to me that this year, circus simply CARED A LOT MORE about their ranking in this poll than stereo did. that's all.

this

plus the hot girl with rack at Circus collecting cover

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Mar-29-2012 18:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

quote:
Originally posted by ~*Stereohead*~
francis: i do not see how clicking a button to vote for a club vs. tattooing a club's logo on your body equates to "the same thing" as you said...

...i would strongly re-think that one.

martin, what you call 'my opinion' is what a lot (but not all) of others interpret as fact. i am not personally claiming it to be fact, but these are objective observations i have made, as a fan of stereo. nothing more.

stereo simply did not push their dj mag promo this year AS MUCH AS THEY HAVE IN PREVIOUS YEARS. period. circus had banners, created so many friggin' ads for it, i unliked them specifically because my newsfeed was FLOODED with stupid invites inviting me to vote vote vote! for them. not to mention the countless event invites, too. i was getting so many random friend requests from people with the word "circus" in their name. it got so annoying, and it is not necessary to go to those annoying lengths to acquire votes. it works, but it is annoying as fuck.

sure, stereo did post quite a bit on FB, trying to get votes, but circus' determination/efforts/promo tactics far outweighed stereo's this year. if you can't see that, you are blind man. i even asked maher what the club was doing to enhance their dj mag promo...if i have to ask him, it clearly means i am not seeing it myself, on my own.

and also i am speaking as a FAN/CLIENT here, not as a DJ, manager, agent, employee, maher's girlfriend, whatever...

...my opinion (& i think it could be a fact also) is that neither circus NOR stereo is the 19th best club in the entire universe. period.

lol you're such a stereohead....

Old Post Mar-29-2012 18:26  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for zeKsg Click here to Send zeKsg a Private Message Add zeKsg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~*Stereohead*~
~*DeepChuggyTechyProg*~

quote:
I don't see this exactly the same way Erika, but these things are easier and less time consuming to debate in person.

haha this is so true it's all good, i enjoy hearing different perspectives, i will cease and desist hehe...

Old Post Mar-29-2012 19:18  Canada

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Circus is #19 in DJ Mag Top 100 Clubs 2012
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread