Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Procrastination...
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GoSpeedGo!
BTW I have to read about 50 pages of text for tomorrow's class and here I'm discussing procrastination on an internet forum. Talk about irony.

Go read five or ten of them now. Do iiiiit.

Old Post Mar-14-2012 23:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alero50
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
- she had no hope of doing any better than she, in fact, did.

That's bliss.

Old Post Mar-14-2012 23:59  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Alero50 Click here to Send Alero50 a Private Message Add Alero50 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Reach for the sky, Honky!

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Sorry if it came across like I'm having a crack - I'm not - I did read what you wrote, and I do get what you're saying, just that I think its more of a case of you "think" you did well on certain projects when leaving it to the last minute, when in fact you could have done so much better had you not. In that respect it does negatively affect your performance because even subconsciously (and I suppose consciously according to your post) you think there is no tangible benefit to planning or better time management, so performance wise, you're not going to achieve your full potential.

Um no, I don't just "think" I did well. I earned pretty much straight As all through school. I always did my best work, whether left to the last minute or not. And just because I left finishing things til the last minute doesn't mean I don't know how to manage time or plan ahead. It was only because I'm extremely well organize/know how to manage my time and plan ahead that I put things off. I didn't just leave EVERYTHING til the end. I always did research and readings, etc ahead of time, and always knew in my mind what had to get done. I just left the actual execution til the end - because I knew in my mind that was all the time I needed, and could (and did, continually) get away with it.

Full potential? I was in the top of my class and won an esteemed award, and always got first pick of anything I've ever wanted career/achievement wise.

Like I said, the only real downside was the physical and mental stress of pulling all nighters.

I just fucking hated doing school work. Why spend my time doing something I dislike, when I'm skilled enough at it that I can do it in far less time than the average idiot?

Old Post Mar-15-2012 00:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alero50
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
Um no, I don't just "think" I did well. I earned pretty much straight As all through school. I always did my best work, whether left to the last minute or not. And just because I left finishing things til the last minute doesn't mean I don't know how to manage time or plan ahead. It was only because I'm extremely well organize/know how to manage my time and plan ahead that I put things off. I didn't just leave EVERYTHING til the end. I always did research and readings, etc ahead of time, and always knew in my mind what had to get done. I just left the actual execution til the end - because I knew in my mind that was all the time I needed, and could (and did, continually) get away with it.

Full potential? I was in the top of my class and won an esteemed award, and always got first pick of anything I've ever wanted career/achievement wise.

Like I said, the only real downside was the physical and mental stress of pulling all nighters.

I just fucking hated doing school work. Why spend my time doing something I dislike, when I'm skilled enough at it that I can do it in far less time than the average idiot?

Then you don't procrastinate, no?

Old Post Mar-15-2012 00:21  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Alero50 Click here to Send Alero50 a Private Message Add Alero50 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Well, not 100% no. But I mean - I'm a keener...I always immersed myself in my courses and made sure to have weekly readings done, and stay on top of the regular course work. By the time it came to write a paper or do a project, everything was already there in my mind, so it was only a matter of actually putting the finished product together. Which is the worst fucking part, so I always put it off til the end, lol.

I'm definitely not an all around leave everything til the last minute kind of person. The exact opposite in fact. Just school work.

Old Post Mar-15-2012 00:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alero50
Senior tranceaddict

Then it's school work procrastination, which is actually just being lazy, which is normal and healthy.
It being the 21st century, you would expect they would already come up with a device that would transcript your voice into paper work..

Old Post Mar-15-2012 00:34  Netherlands
Silky Johnson

Ahahaha, actually I'm 100% positive that exists. I know people who have claimed disability status (due to ADHD, no joke) and received education grants from the government. Basically they get set up with a computer and all kinds of software that will record lectures, read your text books to you, and some shit where you can recite your work and it will make it a text file. Assholes.

Old Post Mar-15-2012 00:46 
DJ Itchy Tits
tranceaddict in training

Old Post Mar-15-2012 00:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Itchy Tits Click here to Send DJ Itchy Tits a Private Message Add DJ Itchy Tits to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alero50
Senior tranceaddict

Seems like a good excuse to put up a protest on facebook, since we are all obliged to make use of such software, after all none of us are born yearning to type tens of pages of schoolwork now right?
There's no real point (none at all), in sitting and typing your way through the night, except for maybe after 4 years of doing so you've made yourself a 1st class secretary (give or take the looks).
That software is ought to be spread to the masses.

Old Post Mar-15-2012 01:07  Netherlands
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Once, I procr

Old Post Mar-15-2012 03:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Oh man, totally done half of my work that's due tomorrow and it's not even 9pm. I'm a fucking champion!

This calls for [another] drink!

Old Post Mar-15-2012 04:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Lews is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

SLOW DOWN MAN

Old Post Mar-15-2012 04:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Procrastination...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread