Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > trance mixing/mixdown engineer required
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
kerris
tranceaddict in training

trance mixing/mixdown engineer required

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for a good trance engineer to mix my track. I thought the mix sounded ok but when I played it in a club the other day it sounded a bit muddy and lifeless. Mixing is not my strong point and I think I could do with some help. I've attached the track for anyone to listen to.

Any advice or information on engineers would be really appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/kerris/i-fell-into-the-moon

Old Post Mar-12-2012 21:33  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kerris Click here to Send kerris a Private Message Add kerris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris marsh
Supreme tranceaddict

mix might not be the best but i like the tune, loads of energy & great synths! the vocal is lovely but sticks out on the laptop speakers

sorry that isn't helping you with your question

Old Post Mar-12-2012 22:37  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for chris marsh Click here to Send chris marsh a Private Message Add chris marsh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Italian Plumber

quote:
Originally posted by chris marsh
mix might not be the best but i like the tune, loads of energy & great synths! the vocal is lovely but sticks out on the laptop speakers

sorry that isn't helping you with your question

Come on, man. Don't encourage people to post their tracks in here asking for feedback, even though he tried to veil it as a serious question.

@ OP. Go read the stickies, and stop spamming tracks in here, that's what Producers promo is for.

Old Post Mar-14-2012 16:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click Here to Email itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kerris
tranceaddict in training

You certainly have a way with words! I'm looking for an engineer (I assume you are not one). Don't worry, i'll move the post and let you harass somebody else.

Old Post Mar-14-2012 21:52  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kerris Click here to Send kerris a Private Message Add kerris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by kerris
You certainly have a way with words! I'm looking for an engineer (I assume you are not one). Don't worry, i'll move the post and let you harass somebody else.

quote:
Any advice or information on engineers would be really appreciated.

He's given you advice and you're just as likely to find an engineer, there, as you are, here. Having listened to your mix, it suffers from a tremendous low-end boom and your high-parts are all squished, partly as a result of that. A mixing engineer isn't going to be able to resolve the massive decay issue you have with your kick. You'd also do well just to learn to cut and shelve those frequencies, yourself, but having learned from my own experience with a shitty monitoring situation, such a practice can be next to useless without good speakers.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Mar-14-2012 22:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

PSP Vintage Warmer!! On all tracks!!

Old Post Mar-14-2012 22:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Italian Plumber

quote:

An engineer I am, but what you are looking for is a magician or wizard of some sort.

Old Post Mar-15-2012 02:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click Here to Email itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

I would advise the OP to lay low in his early days on the forum. As someone who who was a jerk and came out swinging probably the first day I was on the forum I can tell you it isn't a good idea. Take your time, relax, get to know people, critique some peoples tracks, ect. I am not saying this in a holier than thou or angry way; just that friendly guy who gives you a few pointers the first time you go to the prison yard or whatever analogy you want to use.

I like your track. You seem like a legit producer. I certainly have no advice to give on the mixing. I don't think your that far off.

Last edited by Trancelover03591 on Mar-15-2012 at 02:56

Old Post Mar-15-2012 02:46  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
muhammadsarmad
tranceaddict in training

some good plugins for fl studio

i got here some free and good vst plugins for fl studio
http://fruityloopsfreedownload.blogspot.com/
http://blastingsound.blogspot.com/

Old Post Mar-15-2012 04:06  Pakistan
Click Here to See the Profile for muhammadsarmad Click here to Send muhammadsarmad a Private Message Visit muhammadsarmad's homepage! Add muhammadsarmad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Italian Plumber

Re: some good plugins for fl studio

quote:
Originally posted by muhammadsarmad
i got here some free and good vst plugins for fl studio
http://fruityloopsfreedownload.blogspot.com/
http://blastingsound.blogspot.com/

I will murder you with a broken glass bottle!

Old Post Mar-15-2012 23:04 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > trance mixing/mixdown engineer required
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread