Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Woony - The Caverns Part III: Cathedral [Techno, probably my best mix so far]
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Enjoyed this, as usual. Some great stuff here and good mixing for the most part. Will keep it around for sure

Old Post Mar-27-2012 22:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

In.

december
une promenade dans le parc
nancy

Old Post Mar-28-2012 00:36  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

I'm just listening to the rest now. I noticed that at about 1:15 you have a transition where the mix is off by a beat. Also I noticed the beats clashing a bit like 2-3 minutes or so before that.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Mar-28-2012 18:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
I'm just listening to the rest now. I noticed that at about 1:15 you have a transition where the mix is off by a beat. Also I noticed the beats clashing a bit like 2-3 minutes or so before that.

yeah, that whole transition was pretty messy.

I'll also use this post for one last shameless bump

Old Post Apr-17-2012 15:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yonny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
shameless bump

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:18  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for yonny Click here to Send yonny a Private Message Visit yonny's homepage! Add yonny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

Ill give this a listen as soon as I am done with system j mix later today.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post May-26-2012 22:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

Great mix so far. I would say the song you play around 22 minute mark sounds like it key clashed when you transitioned it in. But it may have just been an unexpected track based on the previous song. Sorry I am not as familiar with the actual songs so I have to make random comments based on time. Not sure what you are playing at 26 minute mark but that song is awesome. track name would be appreciated.

Old Post May-27-2012 20:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
Great mix so far. I would say the song you play around 22 minute mark sounds like it key clashed when you transitioned it in. But it may have just been an unexpected track based on the previous song. Sorry I am not as familiar with the actual songs so I have to make random comments based on time. Not sure what you are playing at 26 minute mark but that song is awesome. track name would be appreciated.

At 26 Minutes it's Untold - Little Things Like That going into Raffaele Attanasio - Black Bloc (Markus Suckut Deconstruct)

Old Post May-27-2012 22:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
At 26 Minutes it's Untold - Little Things Like That going into Raffaele Attanasio - Black Bloc (Markus Suckut Deconstruct)

Thanks! that transition is awesome. Loved the mix. Got about 10 minutes to go still.

Old Post May-27-2012 22:20  United States
paulversuspaul

What an ending!! The use of Prometheus to end the mix was awesome! Great job and mix. My complaints are I swear a couple of times during the mix there was some key clashes but it is real hard to tell since i only knew about 10-20 percent of the songs you played and some of these tracks are rough around the edges to begin with and perhaps thats part of their charm is that they will slightly clash no matter what.

Old Post May-27-2012 23:03  United States
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
What an ending!! The use of Prometheus to end the mix was awesome! Great job and mix. My complaints are I swear a couple of times during the mix there was some key clashes but it is real hard to tell since i only knew about 10-20 percent of the songs you played and some of these tracks are rough around the edges to begin with and perhaps thats part of their charm is that they will slightly clash no matter what.

I just kind of go by ear. I didn't feel like any of these transition clashed particulary bad. I've also never had anyone complain about key clashes in my mixes.
I mean, they might be clashing but up to a certain point where it get's noticeably distracting I don't think it really matters when mixing Techno. Maybe you are more sensitive to key clashes because you are used to long blend harmonic mixing?

And thanks for giving it a listen and the feedback!

Old Post May-28-2012 12:52 
paulversuspaul

quote:
I just kind of go by ear. I didn't feel like any of these transition clashed particulary bad. I've also never had anyone complain about key clashes in my mixes.
I mean, they might be clashing but up to a certain point where it get's noticeably distracting I don't think it really matters when mixing Techno. Maybe you are more sensitive to key clashes because you are used to long blend harmonic mixing?

And thanks for giving it a listen and the feedback!

Dont get me wrong at all, the mixing was awesome and no one would notice if you played this live at a club or even at home. I am particularly sensitive to key mixing because i listen to so much progressive sets were that becomes the dominant mixing technique. And more importantly, my lack of familiarity makes it hard to gauge or give constructive feedback. I just was re listening to your set this morning and noticed that one part that I thought was a key clash was actually part of the original song and obviously done by the producer to create a rougher or dirtier track. I am really looking forward to your next mix! By far my favorite part of this mix is the end. I think its real hard to get a great ending in a techno set and the last 15 minutes was a perfect ending for me. Not coincidently, the last two tracks were ones I had heard before and loved them in this set!

Old Post May-28-2012 20:16  United States

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Woony - The Caverns Part III: Cathedral [Techno, probably my best mix so far]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread