Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > What audio interface are you using for your DAW?
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
Originally posted by orTofønChiLd
cuz ima rich basterd just like urban ninja

oh wait the converter is the one that transmit audio, see i forget these things easily

oh and thanks trance lover

Any time man, it was good read for me too.

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Mar-21-2012 20:43  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

i dont understand, a simple little question becomes a big dilemma with some people

Old Post Mar-21-2012 21:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for orTofønChiLd Click Here to Email orTofønChiLd Click here to Send orTofønChiLd a Private Message Visit orTofønChiLd's homepage! Add orTofønChiLd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
i dont understand, a simple little question becomes a big dilemma with some people

Don't worry man, we all getting lazier and looking for some quick way out of the problem or an easy answer to our question - I'm guilty as charge lol

Soon we all have some wireless implants on the back of our heads and will not have to move at all - all the connections/communication will be virtual (even sex)

Cheers mate

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Mar-21-2012 21:20  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

quote:
Originally posted by TranceLover007
Don't worry man, we all getting lazier and looking for some quick way out of the problem or an easy answer to our question - I'm guilty as charge lol

Soon we all have some wireless implants on the back of our heads and will not have to move at all - all the connections/communication will be virtual (even sex)

Cheers mate

i see your doing good in sound cloud, keep it up man

Old Post Mar-21-2012 21:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for orTofønChiLd Click Here to Email orTofønChiLd Click here to Send orTofønChiLd a Private Message Visit orTofønChiLd's homepage! Add orTofønChiLd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
i see your doing good in sound cloud, keep it up man

Nah, just simply share may love for music (for over 40 years lol).

I think I still can use Trance and Lover in one word lol.

Everything is cool man.

Cheers

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Last edited by TranceLover007 on Mar-21-2012 at 22:31

Old Post Mar-21-2012 21:34  Poland
Robotrance
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
no time for this but usb and to toslink transmit audio, midi does not. YOu said firewire sucks so thats why i asked

roflol

i though it was zeros and ones being transmitted??

Old Post Mar-21-2012 22:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Robotrance Click here to Send Robotrance a Private Message Add Robotrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

quote:
Originally posted by clay
roflol

i though it was zeros and ones being transmitted??

alright man shut up, this reminds of the time when i was arguing with diginut on what was a waveform and i said the spectral form of a signal

Old Post Mar-21-2012 22:29 
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
alright man shut up, this reminds of the time when i was arguing with diginut on what was a waveform and i said the spectral form of a signal

It's not the same at all. Not being a twat about it but have at least a basic understanding about what you're using or spending thousands of dollars on.

USB does not transmit audio. Toslink although mainly used for audio as a protocol, still does not transmit "audio" in the pure sense. They are just data protocols.

And yeah, you're mixes have good tracks and audio quality but as L4C pointed out, your levels are a bit all over the place and while it;s fine for at home or in the car, that won't fly in a club.

Just sayin'

Old Post Mar-22-2012 21:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

i wasn't being that serious. I was already aware that toslink and usb transmit data. I was wrong at first, alright already i said sum thin stupid lol who cares

Old Post Mar-22-2012 22:22 
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
i wasn't being that serious. I was already aware that toslink and usb transmit data. I was wrong at first, alright already i said sum thin stupid lol who cares

Well I would prefer if you got your facts right before posting. It's clear that you didn't know that USB isn't an audio signal and the same can be said of toslink in this case.

I mean what next? Why can't I hear my midi? How do I change resolution my monitor speakers? Why don't firewire cable burn? How do I send to an external reverb (that I don't yet own) via an interface that doesn't have enough I/O to send or return? Why did I buy traktor when I already owned serato? Whay do I kee referring to UrbanNinja as a separate person? How do I be more like DJ Ryan™? Where is Existo22 when I need him?

Old Post Mar-22-2012 22:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Well I would prefer if you got your facts right before posting. It's clear that you didn't know that USB isn't an audio signal and the same can be said of toslink in this case.

I mean what next? Why can't I hear my midi? How do I change resolution my monitor speakers? Why don't firewire cable burn? How do I send to an external reverb (that I don't yet own) via an interface that doesn't have enough I/O to send or return? Why did I buy traktor when I already owned serato? Whay do I kee referring to UrbanNinja as a separate person? How do I be more like DJ Ryan™? Where is Existo22 when I need him?

say what you want i really don't give a shit. Oh i could say whatever the fuck i want, who cares if its wrong or right lol

Old Post Mar-22-2012 22:54 
Zlaught
tranceaddict

Hi guys,

I need some help picking out my first audio interface. I went to guitar center for some help but they knew less than I did which is kinda scary. My current setup is a Macbook, Logic Studio 9, NI Komplete 7, a external hard drive, Access Virus TI2 keyboard, Mackie MR5 monitors, and a TC Pilot. I need an audio interface because I just purchased a DSI Tempest.

Considering my setup what Audio Interface would you recommend I get?
Ideally I would like to spend around 200$, but I don't know if that's realistic, or if it's necessary to spend more on an Audio Interface (IE: As you climb up in price how much does the audio quality go up?). Also I don't plan on adding any other hardware to my setup after this purchase so i don't need many ins/outs.

If there is no quality Audio Interface for around 200$, I would be willing to pay at most 500$ for one, but like I said I don't know/understand how much of a difference there is in each price jump.

Thanks for your insight,
Zlaught

Old Post Apr-08-2012 01:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zlaught Click here to Send Zlaught a Private Message Add Zlaught to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > What audio interface are you using for your DAW?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread