Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > What audio interface are you using for your DAW?
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
future_newbie
Senior tranceaddict

Ok, I'm using an onboard sound card. Never had any latency problems. So why should I pay for another audio interface?

Old Post Mar-20-2012 02:36  Burundi
Click Here to See the Profile for future_newbie Click here to Send future_newbie a Private Message Add future_newbie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

latency issues are relative aren't they ?

over 10 ms is an issue for me. But as to why you should ? Well should a fat kid with a 2 inch penis bother showering before going to a club ? Nope. Best way i can put it without wasting time and space for someone i will assume won't understand or care

Old Post Mar-20-2012 05:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

hey looney,

whats better usb or toslink optical

Old Post Mar-20-2012 10:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for orTofønChiLd Click Here to Email orTofønChiLd Click here to Send orTofønChiLd a Private Message Visit orTofønChiLd's homepage! Add orTofønChiLd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

lol

the same answer to what is better, a midi cable or an audio cable.

Old Post Mar-20-2012 15:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
simonbostock
Supreme tranceaddict

well I picked up a FF 400 for £430 - it's couple of years old and in very good nick. It arrives tomorrow so I'm excited.

Old Post Mar-20-2012 22:59  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for simonbostock Click here to Send simonbostock a Private Message Visit simonbostock's homepage! Add simonbostock to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

i'l be getting the ufx by the end of the month when i get my check

Old Post Mar-21-2012 11:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for orTofønChiLd Click Here to Email orTofønChiLd Click here to Send orTofønChiLd a Private Message Visit orTofønChiLd's homepage! Add orTofønChiLd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
lol

the same answer to what is better, a midi cable or an audio cable.

no time for this but usb and to toslink transmit audio, midi does not. YOu said firewire sucks so thats why i asked

Old Post Mar-21-2012 11:34 
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by orTofønChiLd
no time for this but usb and to toslink transmit audio, midi does not. YOu said firewire sucks so thats why i asked

Seriously? USB transmits audio. Toslink Transmits audio. Really?

Man, with all that money you spend on DJ gear, I'd of thought mummy and daddy would have paid for decent schooling. I mean at least you could pay someone to post slightly clued up things on your behalf.

Old Post Mar-21-2012 19:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by orTofønChiLd

i never said firewire sucks. I said that it is being phased out from every stock pc or laptop. As rann said , there will always be pcix add ons but you need a tower and given the stability and latency of the UC, which to be honest is all you need, the UFX and the UCX are overkill.

as for my analogy, Rann spelled it out. IT isn't that usb can't send audio , it is that nobody has bothered developing a protocol because of better options. I can't think of 1 device that uses usb as a digital audio carrier except for like no name ipod accessories. SO it might as well be a midi cable.

Toslink is superior for many reasons, one of them being error correction which spdif, again could but doesn't and the use of fiberoptics which is always cool. You have to understand all these cables send 1 and 0s. The protocol being used is what matters. RME uses a firewire cable for their multiface but you can't plug it into any firewire jack because they have their own protocol.

I don't understand why it is so hard to just google stuff and learn. You will retain more this way. You remind me of my girlfriend. She has a question, could solve it but gives up after one try.

You should learn the virtue of non quitting until you have your answer and try not relying on others. I mean once in a while, sure , i do that when i'm lazy and figure people have already done the work. but you seem to not know a thing. I mean why does a fucking composer seem to know more about technology than every one else. I don't get it. I spent my schooling going thru books that were 100 -200 years old. Why is it that i know this , never took any classes on it and to be honest, it just seems like something that is common knowledge. Like highschool education should provide this sort of intuition.

And that is dangerious when you are spending the money you seem to be spending, Slow down, do your research then proceed.

Last edited by Looney4Clooney on Mar-21-2012 at 19:59

Old Post Mar-21-2012 19:48 
TranceLover007
DariusX

There is a good article about USB and where it stands as an audio interface, I think it is worth to read it.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/c...SB-Audio-Primer

Cheers

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Mar-21-2012 20:10  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney

I don't understand why it is so hard to just google stuff and learn.

You know, you probably could have googled that question...

"Why is it, that people don't look things up for themselves?"

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...05203919AAR6ogm

Old Post Mar-21-2012 20:26  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

cuz ima rich basterd just like urban ninja

oh wait the converter is the one that transmit audio, see i forget these things easily

oh and thanks trance lover

oh rann didn't you say my mixes were good even tho i don't use gains

Old Post Mar-21-2012 20:38 

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > What audio interface are you using for your DAW?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread