Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The Prodigy - Smack My ******* Up
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Constantin
tranceaddict

Worm Popper The Prodigy - Smack My ******* Up

Maybe an old video for some of you, if so, sorry for that .

Last edited by Constantin on Mar-01-2012 at 12:42

Old Post Feb-28-2012 14:19  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Constantin Click here to Send Constantin a Private Message Visit Constantin's homepage! Add Constantin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

Pretty cool. Funny that I just had this song in my head a couple hours ago, before reading this forum.

Old Post Feb-28-2012 15:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Champion Thread Killer

Re: The Prodigy - Smack My ******* Up

quote:
Originally posted by Constantin
Maybe and old video for some of you, if so, sorry for that .

It is, but I still take my hat off to this guy.

Old Post Feb-28-2012 20:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

The RATM sample was a bit surprising. My hat is off to people who really make music this way. It's an artform I'm really shit at.

Old Post Feb-28-2012 20:51  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

Impressive!

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post Feb-28-2012 23:23  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click Here to Email Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

Holy shit Ableton never looked so sexy

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Feb-29-2012 04:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click Here to Email Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Champion Thread Killer

FWIW he also did a great remake of voodoo people too:

Old Post Feb-29-2012 12:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
podraig123
tranceaddict in training

Check It out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxs...CwvrTpcIfkUBNOa

Old Post Feb-29-2012 23:37  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for podraig123 Click here to Send podraig123 a Private Message Visit podraig123's homepage! Add podraig123 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Great vids but they are kind of older than jesus. I think they were first posted on here 3 years ago (which on teh intenetz is older than jesus).

The only thing I don't think he nailed was that acid basslines - they just don't quite cut it, but he's a ninja none the less.

And to think - Howlett made that album on 90% Behringer gear

Old Post Feb-29-2012 23:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

cool video.. I appreciated the insight on some additional Ableton techniques.. Especially all the time stretching and the picking out of parts from other tracks and how easy it looked.. Still a great track imo.. nice find!!

Old Post Mar-01-2012 04:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zlaught
tranceaddict

Cool video thanks for posting.

I tried reading up on the legality of sampling but couldn't really find a clear cut answer. Did The Prodigy pay these artist to use their samples? Is it safe to sample basically whatever you want as long as you mangle it up enough that you cant tell where the source is from?

Old Post Mar-04-2012 08:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zlaught Click here to Send Zlaught a Private Message Add Zlaught to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

quote:
Originally posted by Zlaught
Is it safe to sample basically whatever you want as long as you mangle it up enough that you cant tell where the source is from?

You must have a clearance. If you put makeup on it and don't get caught - ok, but if you do, and the original artist gives a shit, you're fucked.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Mar-04-2012 16:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click Here to Email Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The Prodigy - Smack My ******* Up
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread