Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Exorbitant Service Charges noticed
Is it fair for online ticket merchants to charge 17.25 or 26% in svc charges?
This poll is closed.
Yes its fair, they need to make sure that they make their money! 1 4.35%
Neutral 1 4.35%
No not fair at all 21 91.30%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jdub889
dude, but i thought house > trance?

progressive house > tech trance > techno > progressive techno < rotterdam techno > acid techno < trance > tribal > house < chicago house < progressive trance > industrial > deep house < space house > electro < electro house > neo trance < acid house > detroit techno > minimal > ambient > dirty dutch house > jungle < progressive breaks > hard trance > breakbeat < dnb <> dubstep

Last edited by in2muzikk on Feb-25-2012 at 09:33

Old Post Feb-25-2012 09:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MelBeat
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by in2muzikk
I think it was $7 when I was there awhile back for Cosmic Gate, but it was a nice looking bottle with water from New Zealand... New Zealand is a pretty place and it comes a long way on a boat, plus it's $4.50 when refilled in the bathroom including a $1 tip to the attendant. I would never do that, saw some others doing it though...

$7 + $1 = $8 / 2 = $4 ???

Old Post Feb-25-2012 18:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MelBeat Click here to Send MelBeat a Private Message Add MelBeat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jdub889
dude, but i thought house > trance?

it is according to giant...
after all for a trance artists to reach "longstanding trance legend" status they merely have to do what JOC has accomplished. In the house game the bar is set way high!

you might have made the kickball hall of fame for your grammar school prowess, that would indicate that baseball>kickball.

Old Post Feb-25-2012 20:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jdub889
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MelBeat

+ $1 for the original tip to bartender I'm assuming...

Old Post Feb-25-2012 20:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jdub889 Click here to Send jdub889 a Private Message Add jdub889 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

While some may think of Circus as a "tier--" club

BLAME TRITONAL for this...

quote:
that doesn't draw more than "national mid-card" DJ's,

BLAME TA when i asked exactly what a "headliner was"
in other news kristina sky must not have performed very well last night at her headline gig at exchange la. She has been demoted to opener/closer for tonights gig at avalon. much akin to a baseball player being promoted/demoted between the major/minor leagues.

hey just earlier this month jeremy lin was about to be cut by the Knicks and sent off to the Developmental league, so you never know what someone can deliver if given an opportunity.

Old Post Feb-25-2012 20:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

What a huge honor for a local DJ to both open and close for another who is coming from 6,000 miles away, I'm guessing that Ferry heard her last set and asked for this. Things are going great for Kristina! This night of Trance, presented by Giant and Liquified is sold out, and the last few weekends have been so successful, makes me wonder exactly what Giant is saying!

Old Post Feb-25-2012 23:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MelBeat

$7 / 2 = $3.50 + $1 = $4.50

Tip for a $7 bottle of water?

Edit: deduct the cost of mints, candy and gum.

Old Post Feb-25-2012 23:17  United States
fantasyexctasy
Supreme tranceaddict

I have seen pretty much every DJ I've wanted to see and have pretty much retired from the club scene mostly because I got sick and tired of being treated like shit by these clubs. People will pay these outrageous prices because they are morons and will fork over their life savings to go do drugs. I'll stick to podcasts, the sausage fest days and trashy bimbos are long behind me. Get off my lawn

Old Post Feb-26-2012 01:25  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for fantasyexctasy Click here to Send fantasyexctasy a Private Message Add fantasyexctasy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

quote:
Originally posted by fantasyexctasy
I have seen pretty much every DJ I've wanted to see and have pretty much retired from the club scene mostly because I got sick and tired of being treated like shit by these clubs. People will pay these outrageous prices because they are morons and will fork over their life savings to go do drugs. I'll stick to podcasts, the sausage fest days and trashy bimbos are long behind me. Get off my lawn

I see what you're saying, but I'm 27 and I've been clubbing since I turned 18... and it's only getting better.

The whole experience last weekend at Markus Schulz, from the music to the lightshow, was like being at one of those parties in Europe I dreamed of in 2001. I never thought the scene in the US would turn into this, let alone in nightclubs, but it was incredible.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Feb-26-2012 03:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fantasyexctasy
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar
I see what you're saying, but I'm 27 and I've been clubbing since I turned 18... and it's only getting better.

The whole experience last weekend at Markus Schulz, from the music to the lightshow, was like being at one of those parties in Europe I dreamed of in 2001. I never thought the scene in the US would turn into this, let alone in nightclubs, but it was incredible.

It isn't getting better, it's getting worse. The douchebags from the Top 40 clubs have emigrated to the EDM clubs and it has caused prices to go through the roof.

I saw Markus at Avalon 4 years ago when he was coming off his insane Monster Massive at the Sports Arena and only paid 25 bucks, even though it sold out. I saw Guetta at Vanguard back in I think 08 for like 30 bucks and I thought I was paying too much. I used to see all of the Giant acts on Thursdays back at Red for like 10 bucks. I got a Holland jersey signed by Ferry Corsten and I swear I only paid 8 dollars that night for tickets (yes 2 of them). Now I see Ferry is going for almost 50 dollars, even when he is no longer a top name DJ like he was. Drinks at these clubs has also been priced to reflect this price hike.

Old Post Feb-26-2012 06:26  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for fantasyexctasy Click here to Send fantasyexctasy a Private Message Add fantasyexctasy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djjoshuaallen
livin the dream

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf
BLAME TRITONAL for this...

BLAME TA when i asked exactly what a "headliner was"

head∑lin∑er/ˈhedˌlÓnər/Noun: A performer or act that is promoted as the star attraction.

now go away please

Old Post Feb-27-2012 07:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djjoshuaallen Click here to Send djjoshuaallen a Private Message Visit djjoshuaallen's homepage! Add djjoshuaallen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
http://jonmitz.toneden.io

quote:
progressive house > tech trance > techno > progressive techno < rotterdam techno > acid techno < trance > tribal > house < chicago house < progressive trance > industrial > deep house < space house > electro < electro house > neo trance < acid house > detroit techno > minimal > ambient > dirty dutch house > jungle < progressive breaks > hard trance > breakbeat < dnb <> dubstep

?

Old Post Feb-27-2012 18:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click Here to Email jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Exorbitant Service Charges noticed
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread