Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Uploaded all my EDM tracks
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

Except for 3 due to the 2 hour thing. 1 was a breakbeat track and the other two were remixes i did for tunnel trance and never got paid so i don't talk about those.

16 tracks. Kinda goes ever where but i started making hardstyle for some reason and pretty much every track is an experiment in another genre. Kinda interesting hearing stuff and realizing how much harder things were to do say the same thing today,

but anyhow, i have no stock in these so feel free to insult. Was rather proud in that for each track, never used a loop or a preset and pretty much finished every track i started with no help at all. Stopped when i went to University. So 2000 - 2004. First year was hardware, then gradually moved to software as I saved up money for school. Last 2 tracks were all software.

For those that started listening to music after 2008, the tempos or styles won't make sense. Anyways, i put them in order of completion.

All my EDM tracks by Big Stalls, Small balls

i suppose the point is to offer like a timeline since i never made that many tracks. And there are some hard trance tunes i know msz will love to make fun of. not really promotion. Just happened to find the drive with all my old tracks and people have been asking what i do. Well um i did this a long long time ago. mixing and mastering aside, was surprised how i kinda just did stuff without theory like using counter point lines, using motives, and all that jazz. Dated but still takes me back to when I didn't know anything.

Last edited by Looney4Clooney on Jan-26-2012 at 07:40

Old Post Jan-26-2012 07:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
spread

i heard your tracks before you would post them under your richiev alias. not going to sit here and say they're bad, its mediocre like most of my music mastering seems good.

you should hear my trance rendition i couldnt even bring myself to get it lower than 129bpm. maybe in 5 years i can do some damage, hopefully i wont give up.

im probably the same age you made those tracks, mind you my hifi speakers are a joke.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 07:40  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

regardless of the genre , I could nail a hook and melody, I guess i think about how people produce now and it was so different. There were no presets or like vengeance samples. no how to guides. Nobody talked about EDM in Canada and nobody that made the german stuff i liked talked about anything.

And of course the first few tracks with all hardware. Like an akai sampler, external reverb and effects. 1 compressor. 16 channel mackie mixer. I think i went to a rave, and it was some german guy and the next day , wanted to make that music. Started djing after. Never understood why people dj first. I started djing as a beat that in one year, i would have a residency because i thought it was so easy, But because i was such a shit talker granted everyone really did suck, i burned all my bridges just about the time i left for uni,

Old Post Jan-26-2012 07:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
i heard your tracks before you would post them under your richiev alias. not going to sit here and say they're bad, its mediocre like most of my music mastering seems good.

you should hear my trance rendition i couldnt even bring myself to get it lower than 129bpm. maybe in 5 years i can do some damage, hopefully i wont give up.

im probably the same age you made those tracks, mind you my hifi speakers are a joke.

i think you are a good producer. I just think your aesthetic will make it hard to get noticed. IF you don't have melody, sound production and the use of those sounds is really the only way to make your mark. I never tried to copy the guys I loved because I could never even come close.

Before this, I was in a punk band about to get signed to fat record until my brother fucked off and went to university. I was used to that soCal nofx strung out type stuff so things tended to end up like well a guy in to metal and punk doing trance. So like I just kinda jumped into dance. But by the end , i had about 500 records i bought from online stores and this old school dj who retired and sold me his collection of 5000 records for 1000. Like every club track you could imagine from 1990. Like there was all this house , like that west coast house i couldn't stand but i bet people would die for them. I think i sold them for like 200 because my parents wanted them out of the house and I decided to pursue other things so didn't see the point of holding on to them.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 07:49 
MSZ
spread

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
i think you are a good producer. I just think your aesthetic will make it hard to get noticed. IF you don't have melody, sound production and the use of those sounds is really the only way to make your mark. I never tried to copy the guys I loved because I could never even come close.

Before this, I was in a punk band about to get signed to fat record until my brother fucked off and went to university. I was used to that soCal nofx strung out type stuff so things tended to end up like well a guy in to metal and punk doing trance. So like I just kinda jumped into dance. But by the end , i had about 500 records i bought from online stores and this old school dj who retired and sold me his collection of 5000 records for 1000. Like every club track you could imagine from 1990. Like there was all this house , like that west coast house i couldn't stand but i bet people would die for them. I think i sold them for like 200 because my parents wanted them out of the house and I decided to pursue other things so didn't see the point of holding on to them.

everyone always says i have potential, but to act out and fully develop is another story, wish i could say i will do it but thats not reality.

i see traits in your tracks from other tracks i probably heard, influences for sure at least, like scot project(ruh roh).

interesting bit about the hardware, i can somewhat relate. i dont use any vsts, i use a closed system (reason) i have to do much of the sound design myself, ofcourse its not the same, its way easier.

i want to see you make a track today, or this year rather, will you do that? im sure if you pour even 1000 bucks into your album/single/ep promotion you will be talk of the town.

the way i see it, its pretty much impossible to make it without finanical backing, and i dont have that so i just emulate tracks i love, going on a progressive house spree, it makes me dance in my room and im happy.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 08:03  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
spread

check out the intro drop to this track its pretty much the only good part about it. the rest of it is mismade haha. i think ull enjoy that one part. no worries i wont post anymore of my mediocre shit.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 08:12  Poland
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i do plan to. I've been making patches and listening to music to see whats been done. I just don't care for djing or touring. And if i do something, will probably be like a 1-2 year investment and I do plan to make money not djing or licensing but just marketing to people rather than djs. Just to prove that it can be done.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 08:18 
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

L4C: These tracks really do fit well into the sounds of those days. Enjoyed most of them quite a bit!

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Storyteller @ Twitter
Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix) OUT NOW (support by Above & Beyond & more)!
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix) OUT NOW!

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post Jan-26-2012 08:34  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mise
Supreme tranceaddict

I enjoyed listening to them. Some nice hooks, #14 brought this tune to my head.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 09:54  Argentina
Click Here to See the Profile for Mise Click here to Send Mise a Private Message Add Mise to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

For me the tracks are the complete opposite of what passes for most EDM these days in that they all have a strong identity, a hook or some element that makes them an individual piece of music.

For me they all lack a flair and flamboyance that I like in dance, it should be like going to the circus for me, although that's down to personal preference. I like Scooter ffs.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 09:56  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i think if you were not 16 - 24 , it was just too fast. Although i used love this stuff, i just couldn't dance like that anymore. Even the house tracks were fast back then. Interesting when you think about why.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 11:44 
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

basshunter was like 2006+

I suppose that pitched bass sound which was pioneered by SHOKK would show up in the mainstream dance. And the Darkside/SP O how that rhythm was nicked.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 12:53 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Uploaded all my EDM tracks
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread