Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA TFC/soccer/footy thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mach X
Making Fetch Happen

Just to say that I'm loving the free preview of GolTV on BEV404 right now! Wish is was HD, but beggars cant be choosers!

Old Post Mar-13-2012 20:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click Here to Email Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Wed 10pm

2nd leg of Concacaf Champion League. Toronto travels to LA. Aggregate at 2-2 (away goals count)

Then on Sat MLS season opener for TFC at Seattle 10pm. Seattle has one of the best atmospheres in MLS too

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Mar-13-2012 20:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

Toronto FC advanced to semi finals of Concacaf Champions League after beating LA Galaxy away 2-1 (4-3 aggregate). Shit's gone real

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Mar-15-2012 05:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samhouse
Scenester

There were moments i was extremely worried. It really seemed as though the defensive line was playing too far forward and it looked like a matter of time that the through ball worked.

What impressed me was that when they got their act together and attacked with purpose, they looked quite dangerous. Luis Silva is going to be a game changer!

but we won

Wonder where the home leg will be played? my guess is BMO Field but another game at the Rogers Center would be cool.

Either way Santos Laguna beat Seattle 6 to 1 so we are going to have to throw the kitchen sink at them.

Old Post Mar-15-2012 13:26  Pakistan
Click Here to See the Profile for samhouse Click here to Send samhouse a Private Message Visit samhouse's homepage! Add samhouse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

I tried watching the game last night but the announcers made it impossible to watch....man were they boring.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Mar-15-2012 13:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samhouse
Scenester

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
I tried watching the game last night but the announcers made it impossible to watch....man were they boring.

ROFL!!

i made multiple comments about this. It was hilarious.

Old Post Mar-15-2012 16:30  Pakistan
Click Here to See the Profile for samhouse Click here to Send samhouse a Private Message Visit samhouse's homepage! Add samhouse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

^^^^
Thank god most games aren't on sportsnet this year, Gerry and Craig are absolutely abysmal. And what's up with Forrest thinking he's British and Andy Gray when he says certain things, like whenever he says "what a" (if you've seen a TFC game on sportsnet you know what I mean).

Anyways, back to the match. Class outing by the boys. Went in with a game plan and executed. Two shots on target and two goals, absolutely clinical finishing when it mattered. Silva is certainly going to play a big role this year, he just seems mature beyond his years. Frings is a leader through and through, something we've been missing since Dichio retired. Johnson scores big goals. Kocic may well have taken over for Frei in terms of being our #1 keeper, he just seems so much more confident dealing with corners and attacking aerial balls.

The only thing I find a little worrying is Koevermans. I know he hasn't got a lot of service over these past two legs, but he's been invisible. He also doesn't seem to give a shit sometimes, refusing to pressure defenders on the ball or chase a lost cause.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Mar-15-2012 17:12  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
^^^^
Thank god most games aren't on sportsnet this year, Gerry and Craig are absolutely abysmal. And what's up with Forrest thinking he's British and Andy Gray when he says certain things, like whenever he says "what a" (if you've seen a TFC game on sportsnet you know what I mean).
To be fair to Forrest he spent like 17 years playing in England so he probably picked up a lot of Brit mannerisms and such. Terry Dunfield had semi English accent for longest time (and he still kinda does)

TFC will play host to Santos Laguna on 28 Mar at BMO Field. Tickets will go on sale on the 22nd. Return leg will be played in Mexico 4 Apr.

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Mar-15-2012 19:08  Canada
Yohan

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut

The only thing I find a little worrying is Koevermans. I know he hasn't got a lot of service over these past two legs, but he's been invisible. He also doesn't seem to give a shit sometimes, refusing to pressure defenders on the ball or chase a lost cause.

I think Koevermans could have stepped up his game more, but he still does the little things that occupies a defender and draw them out of position. Doesn't help that TFC doesn't feed him enough, preferring to go through wings more often.

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Mar-15-2012 19:09  Canada
Yohan

cheeky goal. according to him, he meant to do that

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Mar-15-2012 20:42  Canada
samhouse
Scenester

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
I think Koevermans could have stepped up his game more, but he still does the little things that occupies a defender and draw them out of position. Doesn't help that TFC doesn't feed him enough, preferring to go through wings more often.

well this is true however he seems very slack last night. Those legs were not moving as they perhaps did at one time and some of his first touches were terrible. He is a great player and I love him on Fifa 12' but i think we need some pace and finishing up front.

Really loved Kocic in net. I was kinds peeved not to see Frei start but honestly Kocic won me over. He picked his moments to rush out perfectly and made one monster hockey like save against Keane in the 2nd half that literally kept us in it.

Frings was terrific as well and will be the cornerstone of this team. Brilliant versatility...center defense when needed but pushing up when goals were needed. love it!

Old Post Mar-15-2012 21:16  Pakistan
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

The Canada vs Cuba game was just terrible to watch. Lets hope Canada can make it to the Olympics.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Mar-27-2012 14:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA TFC/soccer/footy thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread