Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Virus TI owners: TA soundbank is DONE
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Targus28
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
In case you're wondering why I didn't use these patches, it's because you didn't make these. A bunch of the sounds (i.e., with the "MS" suffix) come from Manuel Schleis' Vengeance soundsets (e.g., Incubation), and from other sound designers/soundsets (e.g., Dome soundbank, Rob Papen ("RP" suffix)). I started cross-referencing these with some of the other banks that I own and it looks like most, if not all of them, are from other banks.

truley busted

Old Post May-22-2012 11:57  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Targus28 Click here to Send Targus28 a Private Message Add Targus28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
In case you're wondering why I didn't use these patches, it's because you didn't make these. A bunch of the sounds (i.e., with the "MS" suffix) come from Manuel Schleis' Vengeance soundsets (e.g., Incubation), and from other sound designers/soundsets (e.g., Dome soundbank, Rob Papen ("RP" suffix)). I started cross-referencing these with some of the other banks that I own and it looks like most, if not all of them, are from other banks.

did you listen to them ? i rarely had any naming conventions and just took an init patch and saved it to the same name as the patch being saved to.

To people that say I was busted, I no longer owned a virus, sent the main bank I used which was based off a bank that was installed and given that I don't name things, well it might appear that way. Or I could of sent the wrong bank, like i said , i no longer have a virus.

Either way , took me 20 seconds to send. If you can find 1 vengeance loop or preset in any of the music 've made. which is posted , i will gladly send someone 100$. Busted only matters when you were trying to get away with something, not quite the case here. I also wasn't wondering Cryo but i will let you have your 15 seconds.

Last edited by Looney4Clooney on May-22-2012 at 17:32

Old Post May-22-2012 11:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
did you listen to them ? i rarely had any naming conventions and just took an init patch and saved it to the same name as the patch being saved to.

Of course, I listened to them and they are identical to the originals. Many are even in the same slot as the original.

edit: but, I should say that I didn't listen to every single patch and I'm not going to waste my time on that. Once I noticed the name abbreviations (e.g., MS, RP) on many of the patches I listened to enough them and compared them to the original to know that I couldn't risk putting any of them in this soundbank.

Finally, I know that everybody is quick to judge and there are definitely people who would love nothing more than to put you in your place, but it is certainly possible that you sent over the wrong bank, or whatever. I don't know a person alive who can keep track of old files for software that they no longer own (I sure as hell can't), so it's certainly well within the realm of possibility that you sent over the wrong bank by accident, rather than tried to be deceitful. Regardless, none of those patches are going near this bank.

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Last edited by cryophonik on May-22-2012 at 16:23

Old Post May-22-2012 15:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

Just an update: I was not able to get much done as far as finishing the bank yesterday due to hectic work stuff, but I've cleared my plate and will be getting it finalized tonight. I've PM'ed our Swamp-dwelling overlord regarding use of the TA name, but no response yet. I'm also looking into having the bank hosted on the Access website with their other free banks.

And, in other related news, just saw this on the Virus forum re: OS5:

quote:
here's an update for you:

we did not announce a release date on NAMM because OS5 at this time was a technology preview. we were planning on a release last month, the update is feature complete but we ran into two issues we wanted to address before shipping the update. those issues were old issues and also present in OS4.x. as it turns out, addressing those issues takes more time than we anticipated in the first place, that's why you're waiting for the update since a while.

we'll do out best to ship before the holiday season starts. in our opinion it is better to test a little more and wait a little longer, so hopefully you share this notion and manage to stay patient for a little longer. best, marc

Not sure what that means - isn't it always holiday season in Europe?

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post May-22-2012 15:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Not sure what that means - isn't it always holiday season in Europe?

Not since the US banks thought it was a good idea to sell mortgages to Hillbilly's as a tradeable commodity at the cost of everybody's future.

Apart from Spain, as they're all lazy Euro sponging cnuts that spend most of the day asleep and most of the evening complaining about the Brits keeping most of them employed in the actual holiday season.

Old Post May-22-2012 16:11  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list tehlord is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Not since the US banks...

I thought we were talking about VirUS banks, not US banks. Let's try to keep my blood pressure down, OK? Happy thoughts...my house value will recover someday, uh huh uh huh uh huh....

Old Post May-22-2012 16:27  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I thought we were talking about VirUS banks, not US banks. Let's try to keep my blood pressure down, OK? Happy thoughts...my house value will recover someday, uh huh uh huh uh huh....

Well look at it this way, if you've been there a while and have no intention to sell you'll be fine. Your house was never worth what you thought it was 3 years ago in the first place.

And

I may have my Virus soon so I'll be onto this hopefully!

Old Post May-22-2012 16:42  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list tehlord is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:
Your house was never worth what you thought it was 3 years ago in the first place.

ahhh don't say that! Three years ago was AFTER the housing crash in Cali!!!

We've been in our house for about 7 years. Bought it on the rising limb, and when the market peaked, our house was valued at ~$125K more than we paid for it, and a couple of years later....I don't even wanna know.

Old Post May-22-2012 16:48  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Dude if you break even over there be thankful. Take a look at the price of Condos in Florida. I may well buy 15-20 of them when I sell my place here

Old Post May-22-2012 16:56  United Kingdom
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:

I may have my Virus soon so I'll be onto this hopefully!

I just noticed this. Which version did you get again?

Old Post May-22-2012 17:30  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I just noticed this. Which version did you get again?

Not getting it until I sell said flat and move to the new place with a proper studio, but it'll just be a desktop Ti, not the Ti2.

Old Post May-22-2012 17:56  United Kingdom
DJ Robby Rox
Longterm Newbie

Re: Virus TI owners: TA soundbank is DONE

quote:
I started creating a soundbank for my Virus TI a while ago, but as usual, got distracted by some shiny object or something and didn't get very far. I was considering revisiting the idea, but then I thought that maybe some of the other TI owners around here might be interested in creating a tranceaddict bank.

Here's the general idea. I'm thinking that we each create a handful of sounds in different categories (e.g., lead, bass, pad, arp, FX, etc.) and use some sort of artist name abbreviation in the patch name (e.g., cryo Buzzkill bass, EricJ shhhArp [yeah, I just made those names up]). We could bounce the ideas off each other and use each other as beta testers. Once complete, we'd make it available on the Access website with the other free banks. Maybe even put together a demo track or two. I'm guessing that we could pull it together rather quickly if enough people got involved. For compatibility reasons, it would have to be limited to Virus TI/TI2 and Snow owners.

Any interest?

Don't do this!! (not to sound like an ass)

But I would NOT make it available on the access website why are you trying to do all this work to help market THEIR site?

I honestly think you have a good idea, but I think it can be monetized and promoted in a much more beneficial way.

What I honestly would LOVE to do is make a content based website to represent all the best producers on trance addict.

I would like to monetize the website in 3 different ways, sample packs, content locked tutorials, and project files.

There are a lot of really good project files all over the internet, and I will be scraping all the best to put on one site. Only the best project files ever made and for various different sequencers like FL Studio, Albeton, Logic etc.

We should have ONE website that belongs to all of us. I will create the site and market it myself all over the net. Would target both newbie music producers and veteran music producers.

It would have ONLY the highest quality content on it and nothing less.
Anyone who submits work to the site, will profit off of THEIR WORK ONLY. The best part about doing something like this is EVERYONE on this forum would be somewhat invested in it. Meaning we would have a small army of people sharing the site with their friends.

It could be a community project but no music would be sold on it, only content to help producers make better music. No links to vengeance sample packs or anything like that, only exclusive, hard to find tutorials/samples made personally by members of this site.

We could even turn it into a membership site where people have to pay $9.99 a month just to access the content.

Would anyone be interested in doing anything like this? I know an awful lot about how to market on the interwebz and get lots of exposure, so I would design everything myself. Then the community could help with submitting content. Only thing is the content would have to be ace level stuff. No crappy rehashed/overused samples, no tutorials that show you how to sidechain unless it is unique or new in some way. I'd like to keep it cutting edge, all fresh/high quality content. Only the best put together by the best of this forum.

If you submit one tutorial, even if we didn't make it a membership site, the author would get paid $1 for every 1 view. If you get 1000 views, you make $1000 dollars, its really that simple.

I can make a seperate thread if anyone is interested?

-Robby

Main FXs GTs - Waves Plugins, Soundtoys, Volcano, FL Native FX.
Hardware - Truths, Echo Audiofire, Virus Snow, & Novation Xio Midi-Synth.

Old Post May-22-2012 20:27  South Africa
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Robby Rox Click here to Send DJ Robby Rox a Private Message Add DJ Robby Rox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Virus TI owners: TA soundbank is DONE
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread