Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
What's with all the hype for this? Hasn't really caught my interest, yet. Oh boohoo, it's by Ridley Scott and has something to do with Alien. So what? His last two movies were crap and so far this looks like standard SciFi.

It's been gaining hype because they have to create the hype in order to turn a profit on a big budget movie. You know this Meat.

And for a big budge 'Hollywood' film it looks decent. Also you would have had to follow a great deal the Alien movies to have interest in it.

A girl doesn't get killed by a make believe lover.

Old Post May-15-2012 17:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Desiderata Click here to Send Desiderata a Private Message Add Desiderata to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

What? "Would" or wouldn't? USE YOUR WORDS.

Old Post May-15-2012 17:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
What? "Would" or wouldn't? USE YOUR WORDS.

Old Post May-15-2012 17:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Desiderata Click here to Send Desiderata a Private Message Add Desiderata to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by Desiderata
It's been gaining hype because they have to create the hype in order to turn a profit on a big budget movie. You know this Meat.

I know that Hollywood wants to create a hype. I just don't get why TAs are buying into it.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post May-15-2012 18:07  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

Ok, as far as the people of the cor it has to be related to the fact most of us grew up watcing the Alien movie series.

Then there are the band wagoners of the cor.

Old Post May-15-2012 19:03  United States
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

lol, growing up with it reminds me of a funny parenting fail:

When I was rather young they showed Alien on TV late in the night and we had a VHS. I just knew it was a horror movie and those were considered cool at the time so I asked if I can record and watch. Surprisingly it was OK with my parents, despite me being much too young. Why? Because a week earlier we had seen E.T. on TV and when they heard alien they thought it was something like E.T.
Watched it the next day with a friend... bricks were shat...

Old Post May-15-2012 19:15  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
lol, growing up with it reminds me of a funny parenting fail:

When I was rather young they showed Alien on TV late in the night and we had a VHS. I just knew it was a horror movie and those were considered cool at the time so I asked if I can record and watch. Surprisingly it was OK with my parents, despite me being much too young. Why? Because a week earlier we had seen E.T. on TV and when they heard alien they thought it was something like E.T.
Watched it the next day with a friend... bricks were shat...

lol

Old Post May-15-2012 19:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

lloll

Old Post May-15-2012 20:43  United States
Acton
VANDIT Knight

I'm going to be in Hong Kong on the 1st June and I'm rather upset that I'm now missing the first showing of Prometheus

Devastated.

#geek

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post May-15-2012 20:55  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click Here to Email Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Old Post May-15-2012 21:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

The basic source of the hype is that Ridley Scott made two of the best science fiction films of all time, so when he returns to the genre to make a film loosely connected to one of those films, people have expectations that it will be on par with Alien or Bladerunner. Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up. With anything like this, I do my best to ignore trailers, teasers and script leaks and just go into the cinema with a blank canvas. Unfortunately, one of my friends who's a massive sci-fi fan is going nuts for this movie and keeps showing me all the stuff I'm trying to ignore.

There is an argument that Scott is at his best as a meticulous visual stylist, and science fiction offers him a creative platform to build and shoot a visually arresting and distinctive mise en scene. A huge part of what makes Alien and Bladerunner so good is the incredible atmosphere each film possesses. Even if these films had no dialogue whatsoever (which isn't too far from the truth) they'd still be cult classics just for the way they look, sound and move. There's also an argument that he made those films 30 years ago in close proximity to each other, and what a director did 30 years ago, in any genre, is no guarantee of what he'll do now. Also, from what I've seen, Prometheus doesn't look like a slow-moving, ambience-heavy film.

> This Is Not Berghain [Acid/Techno]
> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post May-15-2012 21:42  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
There's also an argument that he made those films 30 years ago in close proximity to each other, and what a director did 30 years ago, in any genre, is no guarantee of what he'll do now. Also, from what I've seen, Prometheus doesn't look like a slow-moving, ambience-heavy film.

Anyone else having this thought?

Old Post May-15-2012 21:58  Germany

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread