Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The almost predictable death of the Mac Pro line?
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lunar Phase 7
Well it's not is it?

It's a flop. The presentation was dossy. They are starting to look a bit like Dell/Microsoft only without the business/education monopoly backing them up.

Days are numbered trust me brah.

Not seeing it. Fine it wasn't Jobs pulling out the first gen ipod from his pocket, but everyone knew this was an update and not a massive redesign, which is why they didn't label it ipad 3.

The new ipad will sell in bucket loads. Aside from the usual apple muppets who will order anything new they put out, the screen is going to sell it and now it's LTE, every dweeb on verizon and AT&T will switch to it. They're also clearly going for quality over price in the tablet wars. You want cheap and small, get a fire, you want nice and big, get an ipad.

The apple TV was just more of the same but there's millions of people out there (myself included) who had been holding off as it wasn't full HD. I am going to pick one up as soon as it's out - the ability to stream HD directly from my mac sold it.

So in essence, not a big update in terms of innovation, but it will translate in to sales. The big thing will be the next step - this is all still jobs; what comes after is truly the litmus test.

Old Post Mar-08-2012 22:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lunar Phase 7
Not a Flying Toy.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Not seeing it. Fine it wasn't Jobs pulling out the first gen ipod from his pocket, but everyone knew this was an update and not a massive redesign, which is why they didn't label it ipad 3.

The new ipad will sell in bucket loads. Aside from the usual apple muppets who will order anything new they put out, the screen is going to sell it and now it's LTE, every dweeb on verizon and AT&T will switch to it. They're also clearly going for quality over price in the tablet wars. You want cheap and small, get a fire, you want nice and big, get an ipad.

The apple TV was just more of the same but there's millions of people out there (myself included) who had been holding off as it wasn't full HD. I am going to pick one up as soon as it's out - the ability to stream HD directly from my mac sold it.

So in essence, not a big update in terms of innovation, but it will translate in to sales. The big thing will be the next step - this is all still jobs; what comes after is truly the litmus test.

I predict shite. You can hold me to that. Did you see the slob presenting the stuff theses days?

Looks like a regular twat.

You know, William Blake said... uh, nothing is lost. Nothing is lost and I... I really believe that, we only move on...

Old Post Mar-09-2012 00:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Lunar Phase 7 Click here to Send Lunar Phase 7 a Private Message Add Lunar Phase 7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Well, good news people - it looks like the future of the Mac Pro is safe:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/12...coming-in-2013/

quote:
Yesterday, David Pogue of The New York Times vaguely stated in reference to Apple's desktop Mac lines that an unnamed Apple executive had informed him that "new models and new designs are under way, probably for release in 2013."

That information was taken to include both Mac Pro and iMac models, but was not explicitly clear. Soon after we posted the article, we received a report from a reader who had emailed Apple CEO Tim Cook about his disappointment in the lack of a significant Mac Pro update yesterday, with Cook responding to indicate that users can expect significant upgrades next year. "Our pro customers are really important to us...don't worry as we're working on something really great for later next year".

Forbes now follows up with additional corroboration of both Mac Pro and iMac updates coming down the road, with the updates likely appearing next year. The information was provided directly by an Apple spokesperson. An Apple spokesman just told me that new models and new designs of the Mac Pro, as well as the iMac desktop, are in the works and will likely be released in 2013. That confirms what New York Times columnist David Pogue said yesterday, citing an unnamed Apple executive, about Apple’s commitment to its desktop computers.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 20:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The almost predictable death of the Mac Pro line?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread