Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > 7th Annual Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs Poll 2011 Results + Discussion
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
NvrMnd
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn Rainbow
I wonder how many votes from new registrations were associated with

21. Avicii UP 195
22. Orjan Nilsen UP 132
24. Ben Nicky UP 95
27. Ashley Wallbridge UP 83

I demand a recount on those ones clearly not kosher

Do you have any idea who Orjan Nilsen is?
The guys been around for years & he's a class producer, Wallbridge is too imo & he's not that new either.

Havent seen any of these guys actually mix in front of a crowd but how hard is it to auto cue your CDJ or Laptop these days?
We all know this pole & the Djmag one are not based on actual skill but merely by how many friends they have & how good their marketing was.

It would be great entertainment to throw an event where all the DJ's had to play on vinyl turntables. I can almost predict right now that half on this list wouldnt be able to produce the goods.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 00:29  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for NvrMnd Click here to Send NvrMnd a Private Message Add NvrMnd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
narcism
faithless fangirl

lulztiesticles

Old Post Oct-28-2011 00:39  Malta
Click Here to See the Profile for narcism Click here to Send narcism a Private Message Visit narcism's homepage! Add narcism to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bimbley
tranceaddict in training

Seen avicii twice this year and definitely wasn't too impressed so I'm somewhat surprised by his position on here and djmag but thats just my take on it.

Totally wish PVD was in the loop more often because his sets are life changing. Never really thought much about him til summer last year when he played at global dance festival at red rocks in colorado which turned out to be the best night of my life when it was over haha hope to see him rise again if people take a liking to his new album

Old Post Oct-28-2011 02:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Bimbley Click here to Send Bimbley a Private Message Add Bimbley to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceFur
tranceaddict in training

Nice to Arty way up at the top. He has some pretty amazing tracks

Old Post Oct-28-2011 03:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceFur Click here to Send TranceFur a Private Message Add TranceFur to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klm21
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by TranceFur
Nice to Arty way up at the top. He has some pretty amazing tracks

Decent tracks but as a DJ he was probably the worst Ive seen this year. Im surprised and disappointed to see him so high up, #10?!?!?

Old Post Oct-28-2011 05:21  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for klm21 Click here to Send klm21 a Private Message Add klm21 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
caliboy
tranceaddict in training

very very accurate list! this truly speaks for what has been happening with EDM in the past year. TA polls have always been accurate and correct.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 07:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for caliboy Click here to Send caliboy a Private Message Add caliboy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by caliboy
very very accurate list! this truly speaks for what has been happening with EDM in the past year. TA polls have always been accurate and correct.

Resident Adviser's poll laughs at your ignorance.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 08:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
A213Andro
tranceaddict

For my opinion Giuseppe Ottaviani deserve number 1 place.
And where are Sly One vs. Jurrane??? wtf people

Old Post Oct-28-2011 11:22  Maldives
Click Here to See the Profile for A213Andro Click here to Send A213Andro a Private Message Add A213Andro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Akira_Kayosa
Senior tranceaddict

Rasta

Really thankful for anyone that voted for me

pleased i made it in as a NE

Old Post Oct-28-2011 12:20  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Akira_Kayosa Click here to Send Akira_Kayosa a Private Message Visit Akira_Kayosa's homepage! Add Akira_Kayosa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jvs
Senior tranceaddict

I see two problems with this.

1) People take polls too seriously (it's okay if dj's do, that's their job after all)

2) People take deejays too seriously when deejaying, as deadmau5 says, is bollocks

That said, interesting poll.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 12:21  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for jvs Click here to Send jvs a Private Message Add jvs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Akira_Kayosa
Senior tranceaddict

being a dj before i was a producer i can understand some people grumbling about '' can he dj'' when commenting on these results

after all, these days it seems to be who has the biggest tracks (of the past year) is right up there, regardless of if they dj or not right? badly or very well, its doesn't matter, as its all following based and heavily PR backed in most cases

in this day and age and the amount of money that isn't made from record sales anymore, artists are forced to perform dj sets/shows to really cash in on the hard studio work they.. or the engineer they work with has done... heh!

maybe we should have a top 100 producers poll?

but yea on a personal note really pleased i got in, worked hard all year round in the studio and put everything into my dj sets, been on this site in various forms since 2003, so its really cool

AK

Old Post Oct-28-2011 12:47  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Akira_Kayosa Click here to Send Akira_Kayosa a Private Message Visit Akira_Kayosa's homepage! Add Akira_Kayosa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jvs
Senior tranceaddict

This is Top 100 producers poll anyways. :P (deadmau5 and bt are in the top 50 after all)

Nobody cares about deejays.

Old Post Oct-28-2011 13:19  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for jvs Click here to Send jvs a Private Message Add jvs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > 7th Annual Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs Poll 2011 Results + Discussion
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread