Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > NYC Visitors Thread / Important Links / Have a question? ASK HERE!
Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

quote:
Originally posted by djdl
Ive def thought about that. Just thought maybe it would be easier to book a place near the stadium and cab to and from there. Hotels are much cheaper in NJ as well.

it is def easier

Old Post Feb-27-2012 21:28  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

secaucus is very safe..stayed there many times and never an issue.

Old Post Feb-27-2012 21:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pzK
Supreme tranceaddict

Arrived here last night, staying for 3 months in NY on Broadway close to TSquare

Anyone got advice for groceries? Went to WholeFoods which wasnt bad, product wise but a bit expensive. Also, any bars nearby that play some deep house?

Old Post Jul-04-2012 21:36  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for pzK Click here to Send pzK a Private Message Add pzK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Apeattack
:D

Trance clubs/lounges on Tues., Wed., or Thurs. night in Manhattan

Hi everyone,

I'm a SoCal TAer about to make my first trip to NYC in a couple weeks. My friends and I will be staying about 10 blocks south of Penn Station in Manhattan.

Are there any nearby clubs, lounges, etc... that play trance on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday nights? If so, can you tell me the approximate cost for admission, atmosphere of the location, etc.?

Thanks for your help!

(I would have posted this question in the Visitor thread but it looks like the response time there is sometimes a bit slow.)

My mixes:
****Favorite Trance Songs of Early 2012 Mix(July 2012)****
****Love & Loneliness Vocal Trance Classics Mix (July 2012)****

Old Post Jul-11-2012 19:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Apeattack Click here to Send Apeattack a Private Message Add Apeattack to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

This thread would be helpful:
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...&forumid=26&s=0

We don't really have clubs that play a sepecific type of music on certain nights, its really up to which promoter is hosting an event there that night. Check our event section for the dates that you will be here. The answers to all of your questions are really variable. Admission is based on how big the dj is obviously

Why don't you find a few specific events you want to attend and then ask questions about the vibe etc. I think that would help us give you more insight

and no worries I'll merge the thread with the visitors thread after you have the answers you need

Old Post Jul-11-2012 20:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Apeattack
:D

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
This thread would be helpful:
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...&forumid=26&s=0

I was reading in that thread that it needed to be updated, so I wasn't sure how current that info was.

quote:

Check our event section for the dates that you will be here.

I looked here too before posting. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an event in Manhattan on the days I will be in NYC (7/24-7/26), so I was hoping that someone might know a place that isn't posted in the Events Section

My mixes:
****Favorite Trance Songs of Early 2012 Mix(July 2012)****
****Love & Loneliness Vocal Trance Classics Mix (July 2012)****

Old Post Jul-12-2012 01:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Apeattack Click here to Send Apeattack a Private Message Add Apeattack to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Apeattack
I was reading in that thread that it needed to be updated, so I wasn't sure how current that info was.

I looked here too before posting. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an event in Manhattan on the days I will be in NYC (7/24-7/26), so I was hoping that someone might know a place that isn't posted in the Events Section

Ah, yea I don't know of anything for those dates. Keep checking back, something may pop up in the next week or so. Worst case scenario there will be some House events going on (not sure if you are into that) but there's pretty much some kind of house event in NYC every day of the week.

Old Post Jul-12-2012 14:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Transoholic
Senior tranceaddict

Are there any good techno (in the literal sense) after hours clubs in NYC?

Hi fellow TAs! Was hoping you could help me out. Will be visiting for Labour (labor) day weekend for my friend's bachelor party. Last year I did EZ and it was somewhat of a clusterfuck, not to mention I'm not a fan of the rise of dubstep/electro. Anyway, would be a terrible idea for a bachelor party anyway. To that end, it might seem strange that we would want to go anywhere non strip clubby, but we're from Montreal, so it's not really a novelty.

Looking for an after hours that plays good techno (the groom's favourite genre and to be clear I don't mean techno the way the layperson describes EDM). Obviously if there was an event for a Chris Liebing, Carl Cox, Umek, etc. we'd go there, but we're thinking just a regular place that has a solid repertoire.

Additionally, what are some of the best lounges music-wise (I'm thinking progressive/house...non-cheese)?

Thanks for your input!

Old Post Aug-01-2012 21:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Transoholic Click here to Send Transoholic a Private Message Add Transoholic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

Go to this thread for anything Techno

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...67#post11309667

Also, there is no "techno club" but there are many techno events hosted at various places that go into deep am hours..

Old Post Aug-01-2012 21:20  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Re: Are there any good techno (in the literal sense) after hours clubs in NYC?

quote:
Originally posted by Transoholic
Additionally, what are some of the best lounges music-wise (I'm thinking progressive/house...non-cheese)?

Thanks for your input!

Cielo!

http://www.cieloclub.com/

Old Post Aug-02-2012 15:26  United States
lounger540
Techno Supreme

Keep an eye on anything thrown by Erratic, Twice as Proper, BLKMarket, SAMA, Endless, Trilogy.

Also Verboten & ReSolute (sometimes techno, sometime tech house),

The events that go late usually say so.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 21:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Any suggestions for Sunday Dec/16

Hey yall, im coming down from Toronto with a few friends from the 15-18th. We have an idea of what were doing on the 15th and the 17th were doing ceilo(after party ideas are welcomed), but have know idea of whats good on the sunday night. Anybody got any suggestions? Preferably house music but as long as its a good crowd thats up for a good time. Any suggestions are helpful as well as after parties for any of the nights. Thanks

Old Post Dec-12-2012 16:24  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > NYC Visitors Thread / Important Links / Have a question? ASK HERE!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread