Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > saw the techno storm come- is this the techno drizzle?
Pages (201): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
lounger540
Techno Supreme



Registered: Dec 2006
Location: Astoria, NY

You guys HAVE TO, HAVE TO give the Twice As Proper parties a visit.
I met up with Chaska and a few friends around 1:30. It was pretty slow, maybe a dozen peole at national underground. Well let me tell you, by 3:00 the place was swamped with people having a great time and stayed that way until after 6. The residents Shadi and Craft fucking KILLED the place. Duchhunter was really on point too. Awesome people and music.

Craft live @ Twice as Proper - Sweet Spot (Washington D.C.) Oct 1st 2011 by Craftnyc

Old Post Nov-27-2011 16:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

Is it the basement of National Underground or upstairs?

Old Post Nov-27-2011 17:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lounger540
Techno Supreme



Registered: Dec 2006
Location: Astoria, NY

Basement. They've made some improvements too. They knocked out that ledge that was near the DJ booth and moved the stacks a little further apart. Opens up the space a lot more. Good sound and cheap drinks. Free waters, I mean not a bad way to spend time saving money from the wallet drain (love them too, just can't afford it every weekend) of the Blkmarket and similar parties.

Old Post Nov-27-2011 17:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
Basement. They've made some improvements too. They knocked out that ledge that was near the DJ booth and moved the stacks a little further apart. Opens up the space a lot more. Good sound and cheap drinks. Free waters, I mean not a bad way to spend time saving money from the wallet drain (love them too, just can't afford it every weekend) of the Blkmarket and similar parties.


Oh ok, last time I was down there it could only fit like 20 people and it was pretty fucking awkward, shitty and ghetto. Like 2 PA speakers ghetto and nowhere to sit with band equipment everywhere.

Old Post Nov-27-2011 17:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lounger540
Techno Supreme



Registered: Dec 2006
Location: Astoria, NY

The wide side area is cleared out and so it most of the back. I was able to find spots to park my ass. They have a VJ doing lights on the walls so it's not as dark and dreary. It's a cozy little spot. Nice place to get twisted and forget the bullshit of your standard clubs.

Last edited by lounger540 on Nov-27-2011 at 21:50

Old Post Nov-27-2011 17:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva



Registered: Jul 2002
Location: North Jersey

Thanks for that set. That Craft mix is dope. I have to make it out to these parties.


___________________
Phunktronix Mixes

Old Post Nov-27-2011 21:43  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict



Registered: Oct 2006
Location: NYC

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
You guys HAVE TO, HAVE TO give the Twice As Proper parties a visit.
I met up with Chaska and a few friends around 1:30. It was pretty slow, maybe a dozen peole at national underground. Well let me tell you, by 3:00 the place was swamped with people having a great time and stayed that way until after 6. The residents Shadi and Craft fucking KILLED the place. Duchhunter was really on point too. Awesome people and music.

Craft live @ Twice as Proper - Sweet Spot (Washington D.C.) Oct 1st 2011 by Craftnyc


Friends don't let friends listen to bad music I'm glad you had fun. It's like this every single time: looks like it's going to be a slow night and then all of a sudden the place gets packed at 3 am, the techno gets nuts and nobody wants to leave in the end, LOL.

That Sweet Spot set is pretty sweet. Check out his livesets from Funxion in DC, they're from the party I threw They're really good!

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
The wide side area is cleared out and so it most of the back. I was able to find spots to park my ass. They have a VJ doing lights on the walls so it's not as dark and dreary. It's a cozy little spot. Nice place to get twisted and forget the bullshit of your standard clubs.


The VJ was actually Duckhunter's friend. They asked him to come back to VJ on Friday for Seoul.

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Oh ok, last time I was down there it could only fit like 20 people and it was pretty fucking awkward, shitty and ghetto. Like 2 PA speakers ghetto and nowhere to sit with band equipment everywhere.


Thing is that the bands that play there use the basement as green room and keep equipment until they leave, but that changed. The basement is empty early so it doesn't intervene with the parties.

They put a bunch of fans on the ceiling, felt nice in there tonight. They also put in new wooden floors, lights and a pretty dope sound system.

quote:
Originally posted by EliPsE
Thanks for that set. That Craft mix is dope. I have to make it out to these parties.


You must! You'd like them a lot. Check out Craft's productions

Craft Music Productions (Deep, minimal & techno)) by Craft Music Productions

Old Post Nov-27-2011 23:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LOSO x HOV



Registered: Dec 2001
Location: twentyonetwo

see you all friday at robag


___________________
I PUT TRADEMARKS AROUND YO MOTHAFUCKIN EYE
JUST ME N YOU

Old Post Nov-29-2011 16:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click Here to Email EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict



Registered: Oct 2006
Location: NYC

Proper Detroit techno for me on Friday

Heard Seoul is bringing some people with him including Buzz Goree, one of the original artists of Underground Resistance (and a past guest), and a few DC supporters of Twice as Proper will be here as well Love it when a good event is coming up and people come out of the woodwork.

edit: BTW, it's free wearing the Party People t-shirt, $10 before 1 am and $15 after.

Last edited by Chaska on Nov-29-2011 at 18:35

Old Post Nov-29-2011 18:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin



Registered: Mar 2004
Location: CYN NYC!

Droog - Droog's Fabric Way We Swing Mix - October 2011 by R_co

this set is so sick, mad groovey- "XPLOSIVE"!!!

EDIT: anyways, nice Chask about the list (you know what we spoke about). I'm gonna try n swing by nu for a warm-up session before hitting up KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE & GABOR- never once has he disappointed me-, tag-team


___________________
...e d u bb z...

Old Post Nov-29-2011 22:33  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict



Registered: Oct 2006
Location: NYC

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
Droog - Droog's Fabric Way We Swing Mix - October 2011 by R_co

this set is so sick, mad groovey- "XPLOSIVE"!!!

EDIT: anyways, nice Chask about the list (you know what we spoke about). I'm gonna try n swing by nu for a warm-up session before hitting up KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE & GABOR- never once has he disappointed me-, tag-team


Yes, come!

Old Post Nov-29-2011 23:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict



Registered: Oct 2006
Location: NYC

Sullivan Room:

Sat Jan 14th - Paul Woolford

Fri Jan 20th - Alan Fitzpatrick

Old Post Dec-01-2011 12:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > saw the techno storm come- is this the techno drizzle?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (201): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2014

Privacy Statement
Geo Visitors Map

Icon