Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Canada - Western Canada > Calgary TranceAddict wishlist
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
klago
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMemoria
AVICII

Someone really needs to make this one happen.

Super8 & Tab feat. Julie Thompson - My Enemy (Club Mix)
Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound
Orjan Nilsen - Viking

Old Post Sep-28-2011 20:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for klago Click here to Send klago a Private Message Add klago to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klago
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by suntrancin
He had so much going for him the first few months this year

He still does. He just can't dj at the moment.

Look at his releases from 2011 alone... Around the World, Zara, Kate. That is a career for some producers.

Just my opinion, he needs to get away from mashing up his tunes and just let them play on their own merit. Or play live like Giuseppe.

Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound
Orjan Nilsen - Viking

Old Post Sep-28-2011 20:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for klago Click here to Send klago a Private Message Add klago to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
suntrancin
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by klago
He still does. He just can't dj at the moment.

Look at his releases from 2011 alone... Around the World, Zara, Kate. That is a career for some producers.

Personally I think he has lost a lot of steam he had originally in the year. He was the hottest name bare none in early 2011. Everybody was talking about him and playing his stuff especially during WMC/Ultra weeks. His ASOT500 set where he debut Around the World had so much buzz, I really enjoyed it too. He was a lot of peoples #1 pick for DJ Mag. A few months later his sets totally changed, went more pop house/mainstream/mash-up/cheesy stuff...total 360 from the first few months.

Judging from the trance forums, he's lost a lot of his original fans but I'm sure he's made just as many new ones if not more. I was one of those "original/early fans"...I guess that's what disappoints me. He's still a rookie in the game, can't be too hard on him...I'm sure he will only get better and higher in the rankings, as longs as he takes notes and understands he can improve in the DJ area.

BTW, Eco is amazing live, drops a lot really cool non mainstream stuff that makes you say "What was that!?!". I loved when he dropped "JPL - We Moved in Symmetry" in Edmonton last year! Jonas Steur is really good too, great production and great DJ sets...his Luminosity set this year is amazing.

Old Post Sep-29-2011 05:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for suntrancin Click here to Send suntrancin a Private Message Add suntrancin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klago
Supreme tranceaddict

Arty Nov 10 at Mansion for $20.

If I wasn't in PHX that week, I'd be going for sure.

Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound
Orjan Nilsen - Viking

Old Post Oct-20-2011 21:21  Canada
klm21
Senior tranceaddict

So Arty is actually coming now..
Well have fun guys whoever goes hahaha

Old Post Oct-22-2011 20:38  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for klm21 Click here to Send klm21 a Private Message Add klm21 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klm21
Senior tranceaddict

Wishlist for Frequency 2012 Edmonton)...

At least 2 DJs from this list..

Richard Durand
Paul van Dyk
Bryan Kearney
Leon Bolier
Sean Tyas
Andy Moor
John O´Callaghan
Sied van Riel
John Askew
Menno de Jong
Markus Schulz
Manuel Le Saux
Aly & Fila
Giuseppi Ottaviani
Simon Patterson

Any combo or trio of these would be amazing.

and please DONT book Benny Benassi again..

Last edited by klm21 on Dec-04-2011 at 06:20

Old Post Nov-13-2011 04:31  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for klm21 Click here to Send klm21 a Private Message Add klm21 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DarkMemoria
Supreme tranceaddict

Any of you guys manage to get Avicii tickets?

They're going for ludicrous amounts on Kijiji, I managed to get a few but I have a bunch of friends that want them so I have to decide who I should sell them to

Old Post Nov-21-2011 19:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DarkMemoria Click here to Send DarkMemoria a Private Message Visit DarkMemoria's homepage! Add DarkMemoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klm21
Senior tranceaddict

Please bring lots of (good) trance to Frequency.. I dont want there to be a lineup full of cheesy electro house sounding stuff like Afrojack, or Laidback Luke type style..

2009, 2010 good stuff plus lots of nice lasers.. Hoping 2012 will be just as good. I don´t make it to Edmonton too often but I´m sure given the lineup is good I´ll make the trip with a bunch of friends

Old Post Dec-03-2011 23:03  Netherlands
klago
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by klm21
Afrojack, or Laidback Luke type style..

I'm not a huge Afrojack fan, but he makes for a pretty wild party.

Really want to see John Askew in 2012 somewhere....

Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound
Orjan Nilsen - Viking

Old Post Dec-08-2011 07:26  Canada
klm21
Senior tranceaddict

Well.. pretty much what I feared about Frequency.. fuck, definitely not going this year!!

Old Post Dec-25-2011 22:38  Netherlands
klm21
Senior tranceaddict

K, 2012 updated wishlist

Menno de Jong, Paul van Dyk, Sied van Riel, John O´Callaghan, Aly & Fila, Sean Tyas, John Askew, Markus Schulz, Richard Durand, Giuseppi Ottaviani, Mark Sherry, Andy Moor, Bryan Kearney, Ummet Ozcan, Wezz Devall, Leon Bolier, Manuel Le Saux, Paul Webster, Jorn van Deynhoven, Simon Patterson, John 00 Fleming..

Carl Cox, Joris Voorn, Gary Beck, Alex Bau, Mark Knight, Richie Hawtin, John Digweed..

September event RAIN with Sean Tyas, Simon Patterson, Richard Durand was awesome, I wish they/someone would make a similar one again. Unfortunately I think the Calgary/Edmonton public is more into the cheesier commercial side..

Old Post Jan-08-2012 04:13  Netherlands
thefunk
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by klm21
K, 2012 updated wishlist

Menno de Jong, Paul van Dyk, Sied van Riel, John O´Callaghan, Aly & Fila, Sean Tyas, John Askew, Markus Schulz, Richard Durand, Giuseppi Ottaviani, Mark Sherry, Andy Moor, Bryan Kearney, Ummet Ozcan, Wezz Devall, Leon Bolier, Manuel Le Saux, Paul Webster, Jorn van Deynhoven, Simon Patterson, John 00 Fleming..

Carl Cox, Joris Voorn, Gary Beck, Alex Bau, Mark Knight, Richie Hawtin, John Digweed..

September event RAIN with Sean Tyas, Simon Patterson, Richard Durand was awesome, I wish they/someone would make a similar one again. Unfortunately I think the Calgary/Edmonton public is more into the cheesier commercial side..

+1

Old Post Jan-08-2012 07:35  Czech Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for thefunk Click here to Send thefunk a Private Message Add thefunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Canada - Western Canada > Calgary TranceAddict wishlist
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread