Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Jake (Idoru) was our March 2012 and Haz (djhaziel) was our April 2012.

Haz did let me know a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't going to fulfill his commitment and I wanted to try to juggle those who have made commitments around so we wouldn't have gaps... Unfortunately, I've been too busy.

I do have commitments from TAs for May, June, July, and Aug and two or three other TAs have expressed an interest in sharing their classics.

My first question, of course, is would someone like to assume responsibility for the management of this project? I'm happy to do it but as we've seen, I can't always hop skip jump hustle and bustle around the TA mountaintop to find replacements when someone fails to fulfill a commitment.

Someone else may be able to do that.

Rob, I'm happy to hear you'd like to do a Part II. I'll message you and the other TAs who have sent messages lately expressing an interest within a few days.

If someone feels like posting a "bonus" set which is in the spirit of the thread to keep us entertained until May, that would be great, otherwise, all I can say is patience is a virtue. haha

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det vęsentlige er usynligt for ųjet.

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:22  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wackadoo
Senior tranceaddict

Great work mixing some very cool tracks, brought back a ton of memories. I would love to get a mix in at some point but may need a few months. Trying to mix in some of the tracks I have in mind may be a bit difficult.

Old Post May-05-2012 10:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wackadoo Click here to Send wackadoo a Private Message Add wackadoo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Yeah ok, so wtf. Is this still happening? At all?

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post May-07-2012 08:07  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

I'm doing the May mix. I asked Chrissi if it was ok if I released it mid-May, haven't heard back.

I'm assuming it's ok.

Click here for recent sets and compilations

Old Post May-07-2012 17:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
I'm doing the May mix. I asked Chrissi if it was ok if I released it mid-May, haven't heard back.

I'm assuming it's ok.

Well, I can't see anyone stopping you

Look forward to it then.

Old Post May-08-2012 06:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnetonium
Dubstep = Douchestep

I find it very amusing that my mix that I made long time ago (felt like a year ago already!) is still the most recent mix of the thread. I guess that factors in more listens - and I am glad everyone enjoyed it! I'll be back with a Part 2 later on in the year, it will be much much better

Whenever you go and buy something, you are affecting someone somewhere, be it environment, a person, or a community - you're making a statement with what you buy. So make it a smart choice ... Its a big picture

Old Post May-31-2012 01:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnetonium Click here to Send Magnetonium a Private Message Visit Magnetonium's homepage! Add Magnetonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kr00t0n
Archduke of Awesome

It's June bitches!

kr00t0n - Before Trance

What were my influences before I fell head-first into rainbow farting unicorn trance?

This shizzle...

1971 - The Who - Baba O'Riley

Released more than a decade before I was born, but I still have vivid memories of my dad rocking this out when I was a young'un.

1983 - Spandau Ballet - True

Apparently when I was very young, atmoshperic 80s pop used to be a great way to get me to sleep, and weirdly these songs still have a relaxing affect on me.

1985 - Mr Mister - Broken Wings

As above, love the synths and electric guitar.

1985 - Ah-Ha - Take On Me

Awesomely cheesy and effectively the first dance track I ever loved. Really fast when you think about it.

1985 - Starship - We Built This City

A firm favourite when playing Singstar, random lyrics and epic cheesiness just hits all the right buttons for me.

1989 - Queen - Breakthru

Not one of Queen's most popular songs, but LOVE the bassline.

1994 - The Offspring - Self Esteem

I'm aware that the main riff is suspiciously close to that of Smells Like Teen Spirit, but this song was my anthem during my short-lived surfer phase.

1993 - Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain

Ah, the start of my wannabe gangste hip-hop phase. Love the lyrics to this day.

1993 - Snoop Dogg - Lodi Dodi

What's not to love about a comedic tale of a day in the life of a Snoop. So many awesome lines, if you don't like it, go eat a dick.

1996 - Blackstreet - No Diggity

This was part of my transitionary phase from flat rap and hip-hop to funkier sounds.

1994 - Warren G and Nate Dogg - Regulate

Who doesn't love this song?? Fucking epicness.

1994 - Bomb The Bass - Bug Powder Dust (La Funk Mob Remix)

More and more funky goodness.

1996 - Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

The start of a short period when I wasn't that in to any sort of music, but loved this trip-hoppy song.

1996 - Olive - You're Not Alone

The clear start of my liking for the more modern sounds of trance.

1997 - Run DMC vs Jason Nevins - It's Like That

Again, more banging pop-dance that started to sway me to where I am now.

1995 - Kadoc - Night Train

At this point my older brother was dipping his toes in to the club scene, full of handbag house and hardcore, but something about this track stuck with me before I got fully in to dance music myself.

1999 - Armand van Helden - U Don't Know Me

First rave ever, Orbital, Leftfield, Carl Cox, and Cox dropped this for the first time ever heard in South Africa. Everybody went mental

1999 - Bomfunk MCs - Freestyler

All their other tracks are terrible, but there was something about this that I did and still do love. Silly, but fun.

Old Post Jun-01-2012 12:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kr00t0n Click here to Send kr00t0n a Private Message Visit kr00t0n's homepage! Add kr00t0n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnetonium
Dubstep = Douchestep

quote:
Originally posted by kr00t0n
It's June bitches!

Brilliant mix, so many great tunes that I love to spin at my gigs. That Olive track is in my top 10 favourites of all-time - and just like for you, that track really influenced me to become mostly an electronic music fan at a time when I listened to a variety of genres of music as a kid. I overplayed that Olive album to death

As for other most recent sets, I very much enjoyed Dave King's set

Whenever you go and buy something, you are affecting someone somewhere, be it environment, a person, or a community - you're making a statement with what you buy. So make it a smart choice ... Its a big picture

Old Post Jun-03-2012 04:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnetonium Click here to Send Magnetonium a Private Message Visit Magnetonium's homepage! Add Magnetonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Re: The Next Level

quote:
Originally posted by TheTrinity

Again, you don't seem to understand what this thread is for.

Old Post Jun-12-2012 02:36  Australia
TheTrinity
Junior tranceaddict

Re: Re: The Next Level

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Again, you don't seem to understand what this thread is for.

i was trying to promote drug usage. am i doing it wrong?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Trinity6III
Blog:
http://godthetrinity.blogspot.ca/
Productions:
http://soundcloud.com/the-trinity-iii
The Next Level:
http://soundcloud.com/dj-the-nexus

Old Post Jun-12-2012 04:28  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for TheTrinity Click here to Send TheTrinity a Private Message Visit TheTrinity's homepage! Add TheTrinity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Re: Re: Re: The Next Level

quote:
Originally posted by TheTrinity
i was trying to promote drug usage. am i doing it wrong?

Yes, and I've removed your post.

Old Post Jun-12-2012 05:01  Australia
Joss Weatherby
kinda retired...

Apparently I am doing the July mix?

Old Post Jun-12-2012 05:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread